• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I often write posts and then don't post them.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetsumei

Awards
I'll often read a topic and a response will come to mind, and I'll begin typing out my response. Often times I'll completely finish my thought, and then decide I don't want to post it.

Am I insecure with myself ? Should I just say what I want to say ?

Most times when I do this, it's because I feel my thought is insignificant, or doesn't really add much to the conversation. Other times it's because I feel like my post may come off the wrong way or may offend someone. Or sometimes I feel like my post wasn't well written enough or doesn't convey my thoughts properly and I don't feel like trying to make it more coherent.

Does this ever happen to anyone else ?

Odium Crop

Banned
I'll often read a topic and a response will come to mind, and I'll begin typing out my response. Often times I'll completely finish my thought, and then decide I don't want to post it.

Am I insecure with myself ? Should I just say what I want to say ?

Most times when I do this, it's because I feel my thought is insignificant, or doesn't really add much to the conversation. Other times it's because I feel like my post may come off the wrong way or may offend someone. Or sometimes I feel like my post wasn't well written enough or doesn't convey my thoughts properly and I don't feel like trying to make it more coherent.

Does this ever happen to anyone else ?

Well, I always re-read my posts. Generally I do post them, but because I end up saying stupid things, I often regret what I have said. Recently I was going to ask a staff member something, but then I realized that I would probably come off as insulting in the end.

Unless you think that you are only restating things, you should make more posts. If you make mistakes, then make sure that they do not happen again (I should know). I am sure that impulsively posting is not a problem for someone like you, but make sure to think through what you say if what you are going to say comes from the heat of a moment or impulsive behaviour. It has spoiled my reputation more than once.

In case you did not know, 'Forum Insanity' takes in anything and everything, usually no matter how vulgar or grotesque the content of posts is, but posts made there do not add to your post count.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
not really a problem. i create entire threads and decide not to post them, usually because i realize it doesn't contribute anything to anywhere.

this is a good thing, showing you put thought and take consideration into your posts.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I do exactly the same thing, I'll write out paragraphs then delete them. Though lately I've been making more posts. You should make posts anyway, because it really doesn't matter if they're good or not. Just try not to sound mean or anything like that.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Here's some advice you can apply not only in the forums but in life on the whole: Get over it. Nobody cares. Say what you want and stop apologising for everything.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I do it too. I'll often write something out, then go to another tab only to come back and realize how little that post would have contributed to the conversation. Then I delete it and go read some other stuff.

I don't see anything wrong with it. :3

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I do it too. I'll often write something out, then go to another tab only to come back and realize how little that post would have contributed to the conversation. Then I delete it and go read some other stuff.

I don't see anything wrong with it. :3

There is absolutely something wrong with it when it generates a constant feeling of self-worthlessness.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
"If we have chosen the position in life in which we can most of all work for mankind, no burdens can bow us down, because they are sacrifices for the benefit of all; then we shall experience no petty, limited, selfish joy, but our happiness will belong to millions, our deeds will live on quietly but perpetually at work, and over our ashes will be shed the hot tears of noble people."

- Karl Marx

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
There is absolutely something wrong with it when it generates a constant feeling of self-worthlessness.

Of course! D:
When I said "I don't see anything wrong with it", I meant I don't think it's bad to say nothing if you feel it wouldn't add anything to a discussion...
But when I think about it, though, I can see the problem with that. I delete my posts a lot, so I guess I didn't see why not posting what you're thinking can be bad; it can make you think what you have to say doesn't matter.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
I'm exactly the same...I mean...I've been a member of this forum for eight years and I haven't even hit 500 posts yet.

Probably because, most of the time I just feel I have nothing worthwhile to say. Or possibly afraid of getting ostracized for my weirdness and/or moments of immaturity.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I've held my tongue on other sites like digg back in the day and IGN because it seemed like anything I said, no matter how innocent my comment may have been, I always got blasted by three of four people within 5 minutes calling me a moron or seeming getting offended by what I said. It was ridiculous and I stopped. Luckily I have been posting more on Lifehacker and been getting comfortable with the much more friendly atmosphere there so I'd say it really depends on not only whether what you have to say is worth the comment but also whether the community where you are posting is actually going to read it before simply saying "you're a dumbass".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back