• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Lea question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
So towards the beginning of DDD Lea and the others wake up in the computer room in Radient Garden. The apprentices are wearing what we can assume are the last things they were wearing before they became heartless/nobodies but Lea wakes up and is wearing the black coat. Could they not think of an outfit for him or was that the last thing he was wearing and if so why do you think he would've been wearing the black coat before he turned?

Lost_theMad

Its impossible to tell for sure; personally I think its because they didn't want to make him an entirely new outfit, and the outfit he likely turned in was the one he was wearing back in BBS. Naturally it wouldn't fit now that he's older, but that also brings Ienzo into question... Later they might reveal that the black cloak was what he was wearing for whatever reason, but for now I think they just didn't consider it a very important detail and used it for the sake of already having it. If that makes sense?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah that makes sense. I was also wondering why everyone thought he would be wearing it other than the fact they didn't think of an outfit for him.
Also welcome to the forums!

Zanarkand16

I think since Axel was Nomura's favorite character he may not have wante him to completely change right away. It could be a gradual thing of Lea letting go of Axel and becoming a full person in the eyes of everyone and when he takes off the coat it could be realization that he is a key blade wielder and he will bring his friends back. He may also have needed the coat to use the dark corridors since they protect you from getting swallowed by the darkness.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i think everyone should be wearing one of those coates, lea can use the dark corridors and and not worry about the darkness. Sora could of use that, since he is so susceptiable

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Popular theory is that the black coats were worn by the prisoners who were used in the heart experiments Xehanort and the other apprentices performed behind Ansem's back.

But however it may seem, there is definitely a reason for Lea to be wearing it.

Yeah that makes sense. I was also wondering why everyone thought he would be wearing it other than the fact they didn't think of an outfit for him.
Also welcome to the forums!

Because the excuse of not being able to think of an outfit for him is ludicrous xD

Why would Lea not need a coat? He's just as vulnerable to darkness, now that he's whole again, as anyone else.

He was saying that Sora should wear a coat like Lea because they can protect him from the darkness, not that Lea himself shouldn't be wearing one at all.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Popular theory is that the black coats were worn by the prisoners who were used in the heart experiments Xehanort and the other apprentices performed behind Ansem's back.

But however it may seem, there is definitely a reason for Lea to be wearing it.

So do you think Lea was one of the prisoners being experimented on? O_O

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So do you think Lea was one of the prisoners being experimented on? O_O

He and Isa certainly seemed to enjoy sneaking (or at least attempting) into the castle on occasion. Perhaps they eventually succeeded and found something they really shouldn't have.

It's definitely something interesting to think about!

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
He and Isa certainly seemed to enjoy sneaking (or at least attempting) into the castle on occasion. Perhaps they eventually succeeded and found something they really shouldn't have.

It's definitely something interesting to think about!

Yeah it's interesting! If that's true I really feel bad for Lea and Isa especially since it seems these experiments may be the reason Isa turned to the "dark side" and ruined his and Lea's friendship. My mind is racing now! xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If Lea was a "guinea pig" in the experiments that would certainly give an explanation of why he visibly enjoyed destroying Vexen and Zexion in Chain of Memories, as beside Xehanort those two were the primary "scientists".
It would however also contradict that Lea was so friendly towards Ienzo and Aeleus in DDD when they originally used him as a specimen for an experiment.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It's interesting to note that in Lea's case they wanted him to be invulnerable to darkness in their experiments. It just makes me wonder what environment and variables were used with the test subjects.

Naturally it wouldn't fit now that he's older

Hah. In Kingdom Hearts, clothing magically grows with the wearer apparently, except for Sora's KH1 outfit. ;p

zaqareemalcolm

It's interesting to note that in Lea's case they wanted him to be invulnerable to darkness in their experiments. It just makes me wonder what environment and variables were used with the test subjects.

Hah. In Kingdom Hearts, clothing magically grows with the wearer apparently, except for Sora's KH1 outfit. ;p

We certainly do know that the black coat is magical.
-Conforms to the user's build (ie. Riku turning into his Ansem appearance and back)
-Changes the clothes they're wearing inside the coat (ie. Mickey wearing the coat had black gloves and shoes. When he removed the coat during his badass moment cutscene/when he thought Goofy died, they magically transform into his white gloves and yellow shoes)
-Natural resistance to Darkness.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If Lea was a "guinea pig" in the experiments that would certainly give an explanation of why he visibly enjoyed destroying Vexen and Zexion in Chain of Memories, as beside Xehanort those two were the primary "scientists".

It's one of the few things that makes sense. Something had to have happened to Isa for him to get that X shaped scar on his face and for Axel and Saix to have some big plan against the Organization, whatever it was.

It would however also contradict that Lea was so friendly towards Ienzo and Aeleus in DDD when they originally used him as a specimen for an experiment.

Not sure if it would contradict it. Axel got what he wanted: Vexen and Zexion's brutal deaths by his own hands. I'd say that'd be enough to satiate his urge to seek vengeance if he was part of the experiments. Ienzo didn't seem upset at all at Lea when they awoke, but there wasn't much that could be taken from their brief interaction. It was impossible to tell what Lea really felt about them since he got his answers and then high-tailed it to Disney Castle.

Although, it'd be in the nature of the game's theme for all of them to forgive and forget.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
maybe ienzo does hold a grudge against lea and will get his vengeance in kh3 or another game. i cant imagine him brushing it off

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
maybe ienzo does hold a grudge against lea and will get his vengeance in kh3 or another game. i cant imagine him brushing it off

maybe not ten years ago in kh prime, when disney's influence meant something awesome.

there is a small margin that any kind of vengeance will be taken, COM was kh's "dark and gritty" phase.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Really doubt it from how he was really friendly with Lea, however brief. He didn't have any issue with Axel as Zexion and was pretty surprised Axel was there to off him. It wasn't like anything bad came from it. If Axel had never had Repliku strike him down, he would have never become a Somebody again (at least not until somebody else came along and eliminated him) so Axel did him a favor in a very unconventional way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back