• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Voice Credits for 358/2 Days HD!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent hero_

Awards
They must have recycled Wayne Allwine's performance as that actor is dead. He died in 2009. He voiced Mickey for 32 years with one of the first performances as Mickey from Mickey's Christmas Carol in 1983. The person who voices him now is Bret Iwan so I'm wondering if there wasn't a typo somewhere.

Also I saw some people missing Christopher Lee but one reason he's not there is because he's 91 years old and doesn't act or voice that much anymore outside of doing tiny roles in various Tim Burton Movies. The last Tim Burton movie he was in was Dark Shadows. I think the last time I heard him voice anything was in 2010 and he voiced the Jabberwocky in Tim Burton's Alice and Wonderland which again is a Tim Burton film

What's kinda funny is that he has recently released a new heavy metal album in May, lol. He's freaking 91 years old and is singing metal.. He could easily come back to voice as Ansem the Wise if he would like to.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What's kinda funny is that he has recently released a new heavy metal album in May, lol. He's freaking 91 years old and is singing metal.. He could easily come back to voice as Ansem the Wise if he would like to.

Not when they require him to fly out to Skylark Studios in Burbank, California every single time.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Not when they require him to fly out to Skylark Studios in Burbank, California every single time.

Exactly. I guess if they would allow Sir Lee to record his lines in England he would easily agree to reprise his role if he has the time.
Like for his role as Saruman in "The Hobbit", he expressed concern about having to travel to New Zealand at his advanced age, so what did Peter Jackson do? He adjusted production schedule of the films to allow Sir Lee to act out his scenes as Saruman in a studio in England.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's the thing. They don't let them do that.

Then it's no wonder that it won't work. You cannot expect a guy as old as Sir Christopher Lee to jet around the whole globe so often anymore.
If I remember correctly he rarely leaves the British Isles anymore, and if he travels, he prefers to remain inside Europe. I.e. last year he appeared at the Berlin International Film Festival in Germany.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I'll judge that when I hear it

Yessir_23

Awards
Like for his role as Saruman in "The Hobbit", he expressed concern about having to travel to New Zealand at his advanced age, so what did Peter Jackson do? He adjusted production schedule of the films to allow Sir Lee to act out his scenes as Saruman in a studio in England.
That's really awesome, he still pulled off a good role in The Hobbit

By the way, here is a small clip of Days footage from E3 in case it hasn't already been posted (apologies if it has :frown:)

You can at least get of feel of the English translation!

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Do we know why they don't let them record the voices elsewhere? It seems strange for Disney, since they are used to doing that. They do it for every foreign dub.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Okay, so this is sort of a stupid question, but just bare with me. Is Corey Burton redubbing all of the DiZ lines for Days, or are they keeping some of Christopher Lee's lines from the original game in there?

Granted, if they did the latter, it wouldn't be consistent at all (as even with how hard he tries, Corey Burton can't fully mimic Christopher Lee's voice), but seeing as how they seem to be keeping most everything the same...

And honestly, it probably would be a bit cheaper and less time consuming to keep some of the lines they already had (and it would undoubtedly please the nostalgia-fans), but in the end, I just see them having Corey Burton do it all. I just want to make sure I'm right about that, though.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I posted this in the VA discussion thread but they did not have audio available at the Sony booth for 1.5 so we can't answer any questions about voice acting.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I wouldn't call it a full reprisal. [/obligatory "I miss Christopher Lee." post]

Also, I guess it's just easier for them to have Alyson Stoner voice Kairi, since she's already in the studio and has how many lines? I honestly don't remember Kairi having any lines in this game. Maybe for flashbacks...? Hayden Panettiere's been pretty diligent with the series as of late though, and I bet she would have returned for her (new) lines.

I know we've known about her reprisal since the trailers, but I'm kindof glad they honored her, and let her play Xion again, but it would have been interesting hearing a full-fledged performance from Hayden Panettiere though, since it's the same voice actress in the Japanese version.

Also, Wayne Allwine. So glad they are recycling his audio. Love Bret Iwan, but this is just so nice. ;A;

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That's really awesome, he still pulled off a good role in The Hobbit

By the way, here is a small clip of Days footage from E3 in case it hasn't already been posted (apologies if it has :frown:)

You can at least get of feel of the English translation!
Yeah, Ethy and I were the ones who found the booth and tore it apart for information. Churro, who recorded this, was just standing behind us the entire time watching. We have images up online but whatever lol

Ethy's hand is in the video holding up her phone to take pics for KHI and you can hear us talking.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
DiZ was Christopher Lee in days. So it was not the whole cast.

Corey Burton takes over as DiZ/Ansem the Wise and he is listed in the credits as such. They probably removed Christopher Lee's bits and had Corey Burton rerecord them, perhaps as a way to not have to pay royalties to Sir Lee and keep the voice consistent.

Including Wayne Alwine in the credits is done for a "posthumous recognition" of his role as Mickey, and since Bret Iwan does a perfect impression, they probably did not rerecord the bits Wayne Alwine did.

Yeah, Ethy and I were the ones who found the booth and tore it apart for information. Churro, who recorded this, was just standing behind us the entire time watching. We have images up online but whatever lol

Ethy's hand is in the video holding up her phone to take pics for KHI and you can hear us talking.

Lol your voice and my head are the stars of this video.

Gonzales95

Awards
Where is Hayden Panettiere? Doesn't she voice Kairi? Seeing as she's back in DDD and will presumably be back for KH3, why not just have her do Kairi in 358/2 Days now too? Just to make it consistent? She's Kairi in almost every other game so they might as well have gone the whole way. Oh well.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Where is Hayden Panettiere? Doesn't she voice Kairi? Seeing as she's back in DDD and will presumably be back for KH3, why not just have her do Kairi in 358/2 Days now too? Just to make it consistent? She's Kairi in almost every other game so they might as well have gone the whole way. Oh well.

Kairi in Days has very few lines, Stoner played her in the game as well. No point in bringing in an entire other voice actor when some else can fill the role and has done so before~

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Corey Burton takes over as DiZ/Ansem the Wise and he is listed in the credits as such. They probably removed Christopher Lee's bits and had Corey Burton rerecord them, perhaps as a way to not have to pay royalties to Sir Lee and keep the voice consistent.

Including Wayne Alwine in the credits is done for a "posthumous recognition" of his role as Mickey, and since Bret Iwan does a perfect impression, they probably did not rerecord the bits Wayne Alwine did.

Lol your voice and my head are the stars of this video.

i sound dumb you guys should mute this video

stare at ethy's beautiful hand~

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Kairi in Days has very few lines, Stoner played her in the game as well. No point in bringing in an entire other voice actor when some else can fill the role and has done so before~

I agree they shouldn't bother with bringing in someone for a couple of lines but now that I think about it I don't remember Kairi speaking in Days. xD When exactly does she talk in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back