• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Ventus the mysterious voice?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
When playing kh1 and kh2, you here a mysterious voice guide sora and roxas. I originally assumed it was an anonymous figure, but now, im starting to think it was ventus' heart. It makes sense for ventus to guide sora due to him being a keyblade wielder and as a way to repay sora for saving him twice by showing him the ropes. Also, it makes sense for ven to guide roxas due to roxas haboring vens heart at the time. What do you guys think

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Re: is ventus the mysterious voice

The KH1 Ultimania confirmed that the voice for Sora was Mickey. I don't remember where it was stated, but Roxas in KH2 was hearing from Namine (might have also been the Ultimania)

You know, though Nomura originally had that idea in mind... I have to wonder if he might have changed it now. Technically he could alter that fact, since he never said that in an actual game. It would just make a lot more sense if it was Ven, you know? (Plus, if it came down to it, he could just say he meant Riku's "guiding voice" or Sora's in Re:Coded. LOL.)

Though, technically, we won't know for sure unless Nomura brings it up again, here are some of the reasons I think it's Ventus. For one, when Sora and Ventus are talking towards the beginning of BbS, when they both say "Open the Door", Sora's voice can be heard alongside Ven's. This could be a hint that Ven might guide Sora in the future (the way Sora once did him).

The fact that Ven's armor tries to protect Sora from the Darkness in DDD might also be a hint.

Something else I noticed is how in Sora and Ven's discussion, Sora says, "Where am I?" Ven, however, says "Who's there?" That scene is parallel to one in KH2 where Sora once again says, "Where am I?" to Roxas', "Who's there?" Maybe Nomura's hinting that Sora and Ven (and Roxas does have Ven's heart) talk a lot by doing that? IDK.

It could mean nothing, and just be a cool parallel Nomura made. But at the same time, who really knows? But for consistency sake, I'd prefer it it Ven was the voice.

And in case you don't know which parallel lines I'm talking about, here's videos of them: Birth by Sleep, English cutscene: 03/93/192 - A Voice Amidst the Waves - YouTube

Kingdom Hearts II, English cutscene: 12 - The Bright Sunset - HD 720p - YouTube

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar

I think thats looking into those scenes too much. A lot of lines in BBS were made to draw parallels to past games yes, but that doesn't mean Ven is the source of these things happening to Sora, its more to show the similarities in their personalities. For example, both share the "my friends are my power" speech, but Sora didn't get that from Ven either.

Also, the Ultimanias are pretty much regarded as the highest tier of canon in KH. Its one thing to retcon something said in game, which can be misconstrued by either a character's misunderstanding or an error in translation, but many fans would be outraged that a stone cold fact from the creator himself were changed just because it seemed better. That would instantly make a lot of people (myself included) lose faith in his story telling ability, which is a large portion of what KH is

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Yeah and mickey talking to riku in the rod is pretty unmistakable.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Furthermore, how the voice in KH 1 words things is in a way Ventus would never formulate or speak his words.
It remains also to keep in mind that Ventus' heart is injured and asleep, therefore he cannot talk to anyone at all.

ajmrowland said:
Yeah and mickey talking to riku in the rod is pretty unmistakable.

Yep, wasn't that bit also used in the Ultimania to further confirm that it was Mickey?
If I recall correctly Mickey tried several times to reach the newly awakened Keyblade Wielder (Riku) but couldn't reach him due to darkness interfering. Once the Keyblade changed its mind and went to Sora, Mickey's heart could then however reach Sora's heart.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I think nomura confirmed it was ventus.

How often does it need to be repeated?
It was confirmed in the KH Ultimania that the voice in the awakening is Mickey!

KH Final Ultimania said:
1) Mysterious Voice

It's the King calling to Sora here. In the Dive To Heart, the King guides Sora through his dream, explaining the intentions of the adventure.

When Sora acquires the Keyblade for the first time after this (p.95) and just before passing through the last door of The End of The World (p.139), Sora hears a voice reverberate in him that sounds like the King's. It seems so that those around him understand without hearing, the King speaks to Sora's heart directly.

It was in a part of the Ultimania for KH 1 Final Mix.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

while mickey was the one who spoke to riku, Ven spoke to roxas and sora. And ust why would mickey speak to roxas when he never meet him. Here is a quote by nomura confirming ventus as the voice.

Throughout the Kingdom Hearts series, there are only four characters who have "spoken" like the mysterious voice: Mickey Mouse, Ansem, Sora, and DiZ. However, every other time Ansem speaks in this manner he insults or criticizes Sora, and during Sora's Dive to the Heart, DiZ did not yet know that Sora was the Keyblade wielder. In Final Mix, Riku encounters a similar voice after his body is taken by Ansem, and he identifies it as belonging to Mickey; furthermore, Mickey's instructions to Data-Sora mirror those given to Sora by the voice. It has also been confirmed that Sora's heart is the voice talking to Ventus in his own Dive to the Heart; it could be possible that Ventus's heart is the voice speaking to Sora and Roxas.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar

No, it has been confirmed by Nomura himself. I don't know where you got the above information, but even that disproves your argument, as Ventus isn't listed as one who spoke like the "Mysterious Voice", therefore, it was never him at all.

I'm not exactly sure who spoke to Roxas, I had thought it was Namine, but I also know it wasn't Ventus either

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Ven never spoke to Sora outside two scenes in KH Birth by Sleep and never ever to Roxas.
We hear how exactly Ventus speaks in those two scenes in BBS though, and it is nothing like the mysterious voice is wording things in KH 1 not even taking into consideration that the mysterious voice talks about things Ventus knows absolutely nothing about.

The part you copied there is not from an interview or any in-game source, but from the KH wiki and the whole paragraph only speculates about the mysterious voice while in the KH 1 Final Mix Ultimania it is specifically said that it is Mickey, not that it "could be possible" that the voice could be Mickey.

This entire thing is even just a footnote on the entire article which refers to this part:

KH Wiki - Dive to the heart said:
The player is guided through the Dive to the Heart by an inaudible, unseen "voice", whose identity is uncertain.
Here is the entire article for comparison:
Dive to the Heart - Kingdom Hearts Wiki, the Kingdom Hearts encyclopedia

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

To be fair, it was confirmed in Ultimania, NOT Nomura. The quote came from an article very similar to BBS Ultimania's "20 Mysteries Solved" article, which also wasn't written by Nomura. However, in defense of its legitimacy, virtually all of the material written in the 20 Mysteries article were addressed/confirmed later on in the series, showing that the entirety of Ultimanias, even the parts not officially written by Nomura, are canon, or at least canon to a considerable extent.

Sorakh212

Awards
Very interesting discussion going on here, but from what I've been able to piece together it makes more sense that it was Mickey in the original KH not only because of the wording but also due to the fact that Ven's heart was asleep at the time. I mean if you really think about it Ven never really showed any other sign of waking up or being awake until DDD with the armor protecting Sora and when he smiles whilst asleep in Castle Oblivion. It's an interesting theory though and would be kinda cool if id had turned out to be him. It just makes more sense to have Mickey is all.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It begs the question though, how did Mickey contact Sora in the first place? Is Mickey just like Sora, in that he can reach out to other hearts?

Gram

Banned
Awards
It begs the question though, how did Mickey contact Sora in the first place? Is Mickey just like Sora, in that he can reach out to other hearts?

Can't remember where but last I heard it was cause Mickey was trying to call out to a fellow keyblade wielder which at that point would've been riku but riku was being clouded by darkness and somehow that lead mickey to sora instead.
Buuuut it's been a while so dont take that to heart.

I think it was in one of the ultimania as well that it says mickey can call out/talk to the heart.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Keyblade Masters seem to be able to reach out/mentally connect to other Keyblade Wielders or soon-to-be Wielders by default, as we see during BBS Master Xehanort repeatedly calls out to Terra telepathically, so it stands to reason that Mickey is capable of the same feat.
And what Gram said too, I also remember it was somewhere said that Mickey was steadily trying to contact the new Keyblade Wielder and was actually reaching out to Riku, but due to his heart being clouded by Darkness, he could only "move down the list as the Keyblade did" if we speak with Young Xehanort's words.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Keyblade Masters seem to be able to reach out/mentally connect to other Keyblade Wielders or soon-to-be Wielders by default, as we see during BBS Master Xehanort repeatedly calls out to Terra telepathically, so it stands to reason that Mickey is capable of the same feat.
And what Gram said too, I also remember it was somewhere said that Mickey was steadily trying to contact the new Keyblade Wielder and was actually reaching out to Riku, but due to his heart being clouded by Darkness, he could only "move down the list as the Keyblade did" if we speak with Young Xehanort's words.

Well maybe not just Keyblade Masters as Ven and Sora connected to each other at the beginning and end of BBS.

I knew that Mickey was the voice in KH1 but I didn't know that he was trying to reach Riku but got Sora instead. You learn something new every day. xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well maybe not just Keyblade Masters as Ven and Sora connected to each other at the beginning and end of BBS.

I knew that Mickey was the voice in KH1 but I didn't know that he was trying to reach Riku but got Sora instead. You learn something new every day. xD

Ventus and Sora are a special case though, as in the Prologue of BBS Sora was a newborn heart which got distracted by the shining light of Ven's heart and his pain.
Then it was Sora being Sora, always curious and eager to help, going off his path to offer assistance to Ventus.

That being said it does seem that it can be done by people other than Keyblade Masters, as Riku and Ansem SoD are also conversing mentally during CoM and Terra does call out to Aqua once in the Final Episode of BBS.

This issue is a particularily delicate issue as the interview which confirms all this is surprisingly very hard to find since it comes from the KH 1 Final Mix Ultimania if I recall correctly.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Ventus and Sora are a special case though, as in the Prologue of BBS Sora was a newborn heart which got distracted by the shining light of Ven's heart and his pain.
Then it was Sora being Sora, always curious and eager to help, going off his path to offer assistance to Ventus.

That being said it does seem that it can be done by people other than Keyblade Masters, as Riku and Ansem SoD are also conversing mentally during CoM and Terra does call out to Aqua once in the Final Episode of BBS.

This issue is a particularily delicate issue as the interview which confirms all this is surprisingly very hard to find since it comes from the KH 1 Final Mix Ultimania if I recall correctly.

Yeah but a part of Ansem was in Riku's heart so they could communicate through that. Terra also had Master Xehanort's heart inside of him so the "master" side of him could contact Aqua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back