• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep Play Arts petition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas_Booker

So I was thinking, why aren't there any play arts figures of the birth by sleep characters? I understand why they didn't make all 13 organization 13 characters (because it wouldn't sell enough to pay it off, it would be hard to pick who to make, and all that) but characters like terra, aqua, Ventura, and vanitas are VERY vital to the overall kingdom hearts franchise, and I feel like since BBS is one of the most popular of the games in the series, fans like us should be able to have our own figures.
therefore, please list your name below to sign this petition so I will be able to send it into play arts to show the want for these figures. Even if you don't generally collect figures but you feel like they would be cool to see, please sign.
Thanks!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: Birth by sleep play arts petition

Unfortunately this sort of petitions work about as well as sending a letter in a bottle into the ocean (no parallel intended). While BbS is one of the more popular KH games it still has the sigma of being a "handheld spin-off" (not to mention it was on a dying system) and is more popular among people who were already long time fans. I'd say to just give it a little more time though. 2.5 is practically right around the corner and BbSFM is pretty much confirmed to be a part of the package. The Updated version for the PS3 is bound to get more attention, perhaps enough that they'll start putting out action figures for the characters.

Vanitas_Booker

That sure would be nice man.... And hey, SDCC is right around the corner, so you never know what you'll see there! Play arts has a booth.
i guess what I really don't understand is why they have DDS figures but no BBS. I guess it probably is for the reason you said, the 3DS is a new system while the psp is dying.

Last edited:

Ruran

Awards

Indeed, perhaps there will be some nice surprises~

I think it's a mixture of 3DS being a newer system and Sora and Riku being familiar already. Even if people aren't aware of 3D many people would recognize Sora and Riku, even in their new duds. TAV + Vanitas were totally new characters introduced in BbS though, and haven't played much part in the over all story yet since then. The only one that would be "recognizable" is Ven by default of looking like Roxas and perhaps Vanitas depending on they incorporate his mask.

Vanitas_Booker

It would be VERY cool if vanitas had switchable heads like the jak skellington play arts. Wow... Actually, if its done by play arts Kai, he may come with his void gear, the X blade, his helmeted head, his sora looking face, and then ventus' face with the yellow eyes.... Oh MAN that would be one cool figure....
yknow, he was in DDS, maybe people know him enough now that he is a potential figure...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
From the majority of SE staff I've talked to who run the merchandise sections, they pretty much have no idea either why not BbS Play Arts have been made. I do believe it is because BbS was on the PSP so it didn't spread enough for enough people to play it, but with 2.5 around the corner, I'm confident BbS Play Arts (or perhaps even Formation Arts as well) will be made.

The thing is, Play Arts are often released in sets of 2 or 3, never 4. For this reason, I'm pretty sure if they ever made BbS Play Arts, Vanitas would not be made. Not only do they have a tendency to not make villains (the only villains they have ever made was KH1 Sephiroth and that was only because he has a huge following). You could also count Axel as a villain (though I don't) but even then he was an extremely popular character so I don't see Vanitas a being likely, which I'm fine with (can't have every character you want).

Now, if they ever made BbS Formation Arts, THEN I can see Vanitas getting his own little statue. They tend to be released with 5 figures in Japan and 4 everywhere else as of the last 2 volumes. I can easily see the 5 being TAV, Vanitas, and then either MX (or MX will be with Vanitas), Braig, or Eraqus.

It's just odd that the only BbS merchandise released so far are these 3 mascot avatar keychains, I kid you not, that is it.

kh_bbs_straps.jpg

Vanitas_Booker

The original kh2 series sold sora, kiari, roxas, and axel as a series... They could sell Ventus, terra, aqua, and vanitas if they wanted too... Vanitas is such an interesting character to miss out on making a play arts of. And not to mention (like you said) there isn't enough villains. I'm guessing vanitas is an option due to the fact that vanitas actually has a keyblade and relates directly to sora. I can understand if they don't do MX and Eraqus, but I think that vanitas is just way too interesting looking of a character for people who don't even know the game to pick up... I could be wrong though.
And yes, I remember seeing those keychains and thinking "wait... Is that it??? For real? That's all we get????" If they even are keychain a... I forgot exactly what they were because I was so disappointed that that's all they offered...

Ruran

Awards
From what I've researched (I'm not much of a figure collector nor know much about even the ones for KH) they went all out on the Series One PAs then after that they stuck to three up until series five when they released four figures but it was two of Sora and two of Riku.

The PAs seem rather unpredictable, they seem to just to release as many varieties and of whom ever they want at the moment, so long as the characters are popular. The only thing that I've noticed was consistent was Sora. No matter what there's always at last one Sora.

With that in mind, and looking at how the collections have releases thus far, I think we could see BbS PAs some day, perhaps just not all at once. I think this goes back to what was being talked about earlier: they're preoccupied with putting out figures they know will sell so focus on the most notable characters. In this case, Sora, because he's the main character. IDK, maybe they'll break the cycle one day but looking at the patterns, future PAs will have: at least one Sora, plus a BbS character, plus at least one other character.

More or less~

Last edited:

Vanitas_Booker

Yes, they are somewhat odd... But Sora is always in there (like you said). I might get the DDD (man... Why have I been calling that DDS.... I guess I'm just tired) but the play arts figures seem to keep going up in price... I can't find a figure of riku or sora from DDD without it being 80+ US dollars.... I can remember when the originals were only 40 dollars (shipping included).
i get the odd feeling that they're going to run out of Sora figures to make though... They can only do 4 more right now... Tron sora from kh2, merman sora, anti form sora, and sora from kh3 (IF he has any new suits....).
for all we know, they could do vanitas and Ven and then say "No more BBS figures!". I guess it depends on really who they feel like making at the time... I can understand why they would make sora from each game, but I think they're just milking his figures to death now.....
i wouldn't mind seeing something like a series that includes something like Terra, organization 13 roxas with the oblivion and oathkeeper, and then Kh2 Tron sora. And then the next series could be like merman sora, vanitas, and xion. That would make me VERY happy to see different series like that come out.
edit: they could also have timeless river sora.... Now that WOULD be awesome...

Last edited:

kupo1121

Awards
From what I've researched (I'm not much of a figure collector nor know much about even the ones for KH) they went all out on the Series One PAs then after that they stuck to three up until series five when they released four figures but it was two of Sora and two of Riku.

Technically, the 4 DDD figures are broken up into 2 different sets and aren't together since The Grid figures came out together while the other DDD figures are coming out way down the road. However, people don't really know whether to put them into one volume or not. I just hope SE isn't dumbing it down to 2 per set. As for now (and until they release more PAs down the road), they've been sticking to 3 PAs a set and 5 FAs (Formation Arts) a set as opposed to 4 and 6 respectively which they used to do for each series.

I can't find a figure of riku or sora from DDD without it being 80+ US dollars.... I can remember when the originals were only 40 dollars (shipping included).

All SE merchandise went up in price after SE realized they were highly collectible and keep in mind, these are no longer just Play Arts figure, they are Play Arts KAI figures which are supposed to be more detailed and I think SE uses that as a way to justify the price. The figures have changed though. I just inspected all the Sora Play Arts figures released and the Play Arts figures are different from the Kai. The Kai are definitely more detailed and are a bit more realistic in terms of varying heights when I pose them all side by side.

P.S. This is where I am getting my The Grid figures, $55 each which isn't as bad as $80 each.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Play Arts Kai Riku Action Figure Tron Version at TFAW.com

i get the odd feeling that they're going to run out of Sora figures to make though... They can only do 4 more right now... Tron sora from kh2, merman sora, anti form sora, and sora from kh3 (IF he has any new suits....).

I don't think Merman Sora will be done but I wish he would be a figure. Odd Sora versions like Merman or Lion Cub are being done through Formation Arts, I do not think they would make them through their Play Arts line but I personally would keel over for an Ariel Play Arts figure (they did Jack, give Ariel some love).

for all we know, they could do vanitas and Ven and then say "No more BBS figures!". I guess it depends on really who they feel like making at the time... I can understand why they would make sora from each game, but I think they're just milking his figures to death now.....

Going by how they've been choosing their figures (purely based on popularity) they would make Aqua and Ventus IF they could only make 2. Aqua is easily the most popular BbS character by far if not one of the most popular KH characters thus far it seems not to mention BbS is, in the end, her story so making a figure of anyone else besides her for BbS isn't right. As for Ventus, they already have a Roxas template so all it would be is a change of clothes and Ven is popular.

i wouldn't mind seeing something like a series that includes something like Terra, organization 13 roxas with the oblivion and oathkeeper, and then Kh2 Tron sora. And then the next series could be like merman sora, vanitas, and xion.

I would enjoy Timeless River Sora, I have to admit, but the newest Formation Arts line is literally all the different world forms of Sora from KH2 (normal on DI, Merman, Halloweentown, Timeless River, Space Paranoids) and then they just had Pride Rock in the last series.

I also wonder on a Xion figure. I'm not sure they would make her, but I'd like one if they were released. I just don't understand why Terra wouldn't be put with Aqua and Ventus and Roxas with Xion. They don't need to do KH2 Tron Sora and at this rate, I don't think they will. They've already moved on past KH2 by this point and the Formation Arts are finishing up KH2 I believe with this latest set.

As for the Roxas figure, he wouldn't be put with Oathkeeper or Oblivion because they already made those 2 in the Keyblade Play Arts set, which is possibly the single hardest piece of SE official KH merchandise to find nowadays for reasons I have no idea why:

pa.115455.1.jpg

The only keyblade they've ever mass produced was the Kingdom Key because that one is relatively easy to make, but Oblivion and Oathkeeper are quite detailed to the point where they needed to charge more for them in this set along with the other 3 keyblade, all of which are very detailed. They stick out when placed next to the other PAs keyblades too.

Vanitas_Booker

THANK YOU!!! :D
55 dollars is GREAT!!!

As for the play arts arms set, there is one on eBay right now, but for 450 dollars... Which is insane...
maybe roxas in his org. Coat could come with the two become one keyblade... That would be cool!

I actually think it would be cool to see some Disney characters too. Like beast, jack sparrow, malificent, Donald, goofy, Peter Pan, Ariel, Hercules... You know, people like that!
i would definitely get the Ventus, and maybe the aqua, idk though... I always thought aqua was the true main character of the game and vanitas was the true villain, so I'm going to REALLY keep my hopes up that a vanitas is released haha.
xion would also be cool. Guess she would just come with the kingdom key as well?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
As for the Roxas figure, he wouldn't be put with Oathkeeper or Oblivion because they already made those 2 in the Keyblade Play Arts set, which is possibly the single hardest piece of SE official KH merchandise to find nowadays for reasons I have no idea why:

pa.115455.1.jpg

The only keyblade they've ever mass produced was the Kingdom Key because that one is relatively easy to make, but Oblivion and Oathkeeper are quite detailed to the point where they needed to charge more for them in this set along with the other 3 keyblade, all of which are very detailed. They stick out when placed next to the other PAs keyblades too.

Bullshit is that I had these preordered but they never came in the mail. I was livid for the longest time.

But BbS figures, I would get those in a heartbeat

kupo1121

Awards
THANK YOU!!! :D
55 dollars is GREAT!!!

Glad I could help ^_^

As for the play arts arms set, there is one on eBay right now, but for 450 dollars... Which is insane...
maybe roxas in his org. Coat could come with the two become one keyblade... That would be cool!

I would like the Two Become One since that is one of my favorite Days keyblades.

As for the set, yeah, it is online, but $450 is one of the best prices I've seen it at lol since I've only seen it a handful of times on Ebay since it came out years ago. I know the whole set not in a box sold for $250 a while back so that just gives you an idea of how high one that is brand new in box (or just with the box could go for) >_<

I actually think it would be cool to see some Disney characters too. Like beast, jack sparrow, malificent, Donald, goofy, Peter Pan, Ariel, Hercules... You know, people like that!
i would definitely get the Ventus, and maybe the aqua, idk though... I always thought aqua was the true main character of the game and vanitas was the true villain, so I'm going to REALLY keep my hopes up that a vanitas is released haha.
xion would also be cool. Guess she would just come with the kingdom key as well?

They always seem to treat Jack Skellington a little highly among KH I felt and IDK why. I don't think they'd make Ariel though since she has a tail and IDK how that would work, they seem to not liking releasing their KH figures with stands o_O and Vanitas could be seen as the true villain, but even then, which villains have they made into figures again? None lol (unless you count Sephy who wasn't one of the true villains) which means Vanitas probably wouldn't happen :( Though I'd like one since I would really like to see his suit in full 3D ^_^

Bullshit is that I had these preordered but they never came in the mail. I was livid for the longest time.

Sorry about that Shadow Fenix :( I had never heard of a problem about shipping from SE, that's how I got mine, but that does sound incredibly stupid -__-

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I had this set for a few years. Even though they were awesome, I realized I didn't really do anything with them and would rather make money from them (since I had every other Play Arts KH figure too, except Kairi). I sold the set on eBay, opened, for almost $200. No figures included. Just the keyblades, without their packaging. Shit's crazy.

Play Asia? Same thing happened to me. They emailed me and told me that they never got them in. I don't remember how I managed to get my set, but it was like $60 at the time. And now they're worth a damn PS3.

Vanitas_Booker

They always seem to treat Jack Skellington a little highly among KH I felt and IDK why. I don't think they'd make Ariel though since she has a tail and IDK how that would work, they seem to not liking releasing their KH figures with stands o_O and Vanitas could be seen as the true villain, but even then, which villains have they made into figures again? None lol (unless you count Sephy who wasn't one of the true villains) which means Vanitas probably wouldn't happen :( Though I'd like one since I would really like to see his suit in full 3D ^_^

-
Yeah, I know... But I'm not complaining, the Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite movie, and has been ever since I was about 4! Haha!
yeah I really wish that they would make more villains... I wouldn't mind having a xemnas, ansem (kh1 version), master xehanort, young xehanort, dark riku, and like I said, Vanitas...
wait a minute... That would be an awesome next series for play arts... What if they had a villains series???? That would be amazing!
By the way, if you would like to see a full 360 rotation of vanitas, I have the actual character model from the game on my computer. I'm actually having a professional costume designer make a file that I can print out onto Lycra and sew together to have a suit of (same thing they did in the Spider-Man movies for his suit... It's called dye sub) and therefore he had to have tons of reference pictures. So if you want pictures, I've got them!

kupo1121

Awards
Play Asia? Same thing happened to me. They emailed me and told me that they never got them in. I don't remember how I managed to get my set, but it was like $60 at the time. And now they're worth a damn PS3.

Yeah, I still have mine lol but I won't sell mine since I mean...well, I collect KH merchandise and still do lol

However, yeah, they are highly collectible and I don't understand why. Valor form Sora used to be highly prized, fetching about $350 per but nowadays his value has plummeted and he can barely scratch $100 (which is still a lot) yet these keyblades have remained strong in terms of price. I'm just glad I have mine so I don't have to give up a PS3 for them...

Yeah, I know... But I'm not complaining, the Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite movie, and has been ever since I was about 4! Haha!
yeah I really wish that they would make more villains... I wouldn't mind having a xemnas, ansem (kh1 version), master xehanort, young xehanort, dark riku, and like I said, Vanitas...

Yeah, I don't need ALL the villains since that would no doubt take years to complete (since they only seem to release 3-4 KH Play Arts a year at best, sometimes none at all) but I at least want Ansem SoD and Vanitas since they are the coolest looking original villains from the series imo.

By the way, if you would like to see a full 360 rotation of vanitas, I have the actual character model from the game on my computer. I'm actually having a professional costume designer make a file that I can print out onto Lycra and sew together to have a suit of (same thing they did in the Spider-Man movies for his suit... It's called dye sub) and therefore he had to have tons of reference pictures. So if you want pictures, I've got them!

Thank you but I've seen a 360 view, I just meant I'd love to feel all the ridges and things on a figure if it were made since it would be VERY detailed ^_^

Vanitas_Booker

Yeah, I have the limit form sora, and that one is still pretty high priced. I used to have valor form, but he somehow broke to pieces. I may get another one eventually though.
I actually just found a Tron sora from DDD on amazon for 55 dollars plus shipping, so I ordered it...
as for ansem and vanitas, that would make a great series! Something like Xion, vanitas, ansem, and aqua would also make a great series...

kupo1121

Awards
Yeah, I have the limit form sora, and that one is still pretty high priced. I used to have valor form, but he somehow broke to pieces. I may get another one eventually though.
I actually just found a Tron sora from DDD on amazon for 55 dollars plus shipping, so I ordered it...
as for ansem and vanitas, that would make a great series! Something like Xion, vanitas, ansem, and aqua would also make a great series...

Ironically I JUST got an e-mail from that site I posted (TFAW) saying that both my The Grid orders are cancelled which is really dumb so I was quite annoyed this morning. Luckily I found another site that had both for around the same price so I'm gonna go for that one :)

I do have Sora Valor as well, but I got it for a really good price and when I got it, the head was popped off and the necklace is missing (but they never made counterfeit Valor, Master, Wisdom, Limit, KH1, Halloweentown, or Christmastown Soras) so I know it's at least authentic. I'm going to find a professional who can reput the head on (even now I have it pressed fairly tightly on and it is stuck nicely) and then I'm going to take a necklace from one of the counterfeits I have (I sadly have counterfeits of KH2 Sora and Final form so I'm gonna get authentic ones eventually since authentic ones are on Ebay often) and scrap those 2.

Vanitas_Booker

Ironically I JUST got an e-mail from that site I posted (TFAW) saying that both my The Grid orders are cancelled which is really dumb so I was quite annoyed this morning. Luckily I found another site that had both for around the same price so I'm gonna go for that one :)

I do have Sora Valor as well, but I got it for a really good price and when I got it, the head was popped off and the necklace is missing (but they never made counterfeit Valor, Master, Wisdom, Limit, KH1, Halloweentown, or Christmastown Soras) so I know it's at least authentic. I'm going to find a professional who can reput the head on (even now I have it pressed fairly tightly on and it is stuck nicely) and then I'm going to take a necklace from one of the counterfeits I have (I sadly have counterfeits of KH2 Sora and Final form so I'm gonna get authentic ones eventually since authentic ones are on Ebay often) and scrap those 2.
Yeah, I actually talked to TFAW yesterday before i ordered off of amazon, and they said they were having issues. What's the new site you found if you don't mind me asking? I'm still looking for the riku for a good price.
yeah, mine I'm pretty sure are authentic... When I or then, I didn't know there was a difference, so wen I get home this weekend I'm going to check my normal and final sora and see.... They are on ebay often, and they aren't too pricey, so if mine are fake, I hope to get the real ones too.
I'm only missing valor (which I had at one time), axel, kiari, and sephiroth. Not including the new DDD figures of course!

kupo1121

Awards
Yeah, I actually talked to TFAW yesterday before i ordered off of amazon, and they said they were having issues. What's the new site you found if you don't mind me asking? I'm still looking for the riku for a good price.
yeah, mine I'm pretty sure are authentic... When I or then, I didn't know there was a difference, so wen I get home this weekend I'm going to check my normal and final sora and see.... They are on ebay often, and they aren't too pricey, so if mine are fake, I hope to get the real ones too.
I'm only missing valor (which I had at one time), axel, kiari, and sephiroth. Not including the new DDD figures of course!

The site is very trustworthy, it's AmiAmi which I researched and is one of the #1 Japan distributors that just recently opened up to international orders.

As for the Play Arts, only counterfeits exist of the first 5 ever released (Sora KH2, Kairi, Roxas, Axel, Sora Final) and then aftewards I guess they thought they weren't profitable enough to make more of (IDK just guessing) so there aren't any other KH counterfeits. Same goes for the Formation Arts (only Volumes 1 and 2 but none afterwards).

There is actually no way to tell if Axel, Roxas, or Kairi are counterfeits. Some of the authentic boxes had stickers on the bottom right advertising the first Chain of Memories manga so if you have that, it's guaranteed authentic, but if not, there's not way to tell so the figures are just as nice.

As for Sora KH2 and Final, his hair will be significantly lighter (closer to a dirty brown if anything) and the key thing is that he will NOT have the crown piece on his necklace. If your figure came with a crown piece but no chain, it's likely the chain broke off but your figure is authentic. However, if your figures has no crown piece, that's nearly a dead giveaway :(

Yeah, KH2 Sora at best goes for $60 on Ebay and Final form a bit more but they aren't outrageous compared to other SE PAK (Play Arts Kai for short) line, like Bayonetta who I want but always goes for closer to $100 >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back