• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura's Special Message + Bonus Sketch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gagawhore

Re: Tetsuya Nomura's Special Message + Bonus Sketch

So what exactly does the case look like with the pre ordered version with the artbook? Is there like no normal case? Is there at least a game manual?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

You never know. Sometimes the PAL and US versions of CE's are slightly different. Just look at the CE for FF XIII-2. Not saying that's even remotely the case for 1.5, but there could be some differences. The unboxing we saw was the PAL version.
Right.

The SE case art is a slipcover. Inside is the digipack book carrying the Disc. The book itself has a drawing of sora identical to the original KH1 Title Screen.

BagelBreath

Awards

So what exactly does the case look like with the pre ordered version with the artbook? Is there like no normal case? Is there at least a game manual?

You can find an unboxing on YouTube. I think I remember seeing a manual in the video.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

You can find an unboxing on YouTube. I think I remember seeing a manual in the video.
You can't even call that a manual. All it is is asingle slip of paper with the artwork and safety information.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

You can't even call that a manual. All it is is asingle slip of paper with the artwork and safety information.
I miss the days when we had REAL instruction manuals. I liked to simply leaf through them, and if I bought a used game it HAD to have one. I understand it's a waste of papers, but I still miss them.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I personally think it looks pretty nice. Was kind of expecting it to be more like a regular retail copy bundled with a separate artbook held together by shrinkwrap. Instead it's very much in line with every other collector's edition by released here in Europe by Square Enix in the past 5 years. As for the artbook also being the CD case, I don't mind. Not too bummed out about the content of said artbook either. Maybe I'm just easy to please. I'm much more picky with the actual content though.

Oh, and this is not the first release of a Kingdom Hearts game that comes with an artbook. The European special edition Birth by Sleep came with one too.

TheHeroOfPixels

I think it looks nice. HOWEVER, I also dont like it. I do think they did a nice job on how they did it, I just wish they didn't. I was looking forward to displaying that artbook elsewhere, but since the game is part of it, I have to keep it in my draw. I wish it was just a regualr copy but with an artbook bundled with it. But as I said, I am still very happy about this since they did such a nice job with it.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I miss the days when we had REAL instruction manuals. I liked to simply leaf through them, and if I bought a used game it HAD to have one. I understand it's a waste of papers, but I still miss them.
Many of the new games I buy have had manuals. Guess I've never really noticed the trends.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Oh, and this is not the first release of a Kingdom Hearts game that comes with an artbook. The European special edition Birth by Sleep came with one too.

Which was even worse than this artbook (to everyone but Cataclysm)!

Many of the new games I buy have had manuals. Guess I've never really noticed the trends.

Yeah, most new games are converting to in-game guides to save paper I think, I have yet to look through an in-game manual though, I did leaf through the paper ones, but I understand the need to save paper so I'm fine with it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm lucky I have the Japanese manual then, because even though it is in Japanese, it is very long and detailed and has pretty pictures

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Yeah, most new games are converting to in-game guides to save paper I think, I have yet to look through an in-game manual though, I did leaf through the paper ones, but I understand the need to save paper so I'm fine with it.
Pretty smart, I guess. Oddly, some games have digital manuals that aren't in-game.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Guilty as charged.

Although, I do think that the 1.5 artbook is leagues better than the BBS one. The more I see the 1.5 artbook, the more I love it and drool at the thought of Tuesday. I just happen to think the BBS artbook is cool too. If I had had the chance to pay a little extra to get one with the US version, I'd have done it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hm, now that I have the thing I do like it more than I did while watching the video and appreciate the work put into it. Just...False advertisement is still getting to me xD

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Hm, now that I have the thing I do like it more than I did while watching the video and appreciate the work put into it. Just...False advertisement is still getting to me xD

Is it beautiful in person? I've watched that PAL unboxing like 17 times.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

I just got my notification text from GameStop. So excited~

Looking forward to getting my first artbook, no matter how small or poorly-constructed/advertised! XD

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Mine still hasn't shipped from Amazon and I have Prime. I pre-ordered back in April.

I swear if they don't get my copy here on the 10th...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Is it beautiful in person? I've watched that PAL unboxing like 17 times.

It's nice. I wouldn't say beautiful. It's a well-put together book, no doubt, and you can tell a lot of attention was given to it. I don't like how the pages are because when you open it, all 24 pages are all together in one binding and because of that you don't want to bend them open or risk bending the pages in a funky way :c

The box is matte, so don't touch them with oily/lotion-y/sweaty hands or your fingermarks will show up.

And the manual is just a slip of paper and kind of...eh. The days of thick manuals are gone :c

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

It's nice. I wouldn't say beautiful. It's a well-put together book, no doubt, and you can tell a lot of attention was given to it. I don't like how the pages are because when you open it, all 24 pages are all together in one binding and because of that you don't want to bend them open or risk bending the pages in a funky way :c

The box is matte, so don't touch them with oily/lotion-y/sweaty hands or your fingermarks will show up.

And the manual is just a slip of paper and kind of...eh. The days of thick manuals are gone :c

Sweet. Can't wait to get my hands on my copy even though I already know everything that's inside. But seeing it in person feels better than watching a YT video.

And hey, a weeny manual is better than no manual. When I opened up Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and found that there was no manual all, I was pretty shocked. Not even a single slip of paper or anything. The entire left half of the case was empty. The Ratchet and Clank collection just had a voucher code for the Sly demo, so it didn't have one either.

Like I said, better to have it than not.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Also, how much larger than a PS3 case is the LE? Because if it's the same size, I might be able to avoid buying a second copy of the game. If it's way taller, I'll probably buy a second copy around Thanksgiving/Christmas time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back