• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stoner philosophy and out there spirituality, stay away if you don't toke.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 36435

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
All of the above is interesting, though I don't know enough about astral projection or quantum mechanics to feel comfortable commenting. However, I am interested and do know a bit about the Tree of Life and Qabalah.

To the extent of my knowledge, both of these originated in Jewish mysticism, and, as with all mysticism, aimed at (re)uniting Humanity with God (the process A describes as "to reach Kether from Malkhuth by shooting directly up the middle of the tree). In this tradition, the sefirah themselves can be described as the 'emanations' of an infinite (and unknowable) God as they descend into the finite and known world of Humanity. This limitless and unknowable God is actually referred to above the Sefirah as 'Ein-Sof' (lit. 'No End'); you can see the words above the first image of the Tree of Life in A's post. Everything else A describes about the Tree of Life sounds like what I was taught, though I didn't realize how far it had spread from Judaism into other traditions/cultures.

I do have one question though, and that's about the last image A posted. That looks to me like the Ptolemaic model of the universe, or some religious variant thereof, like the spheres of Heaven in Dante's Divine Comedy. Where did you find that image, and what is it meant to represent?

Last edited:

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Despite it being antithetical to many-- if not all--of my beliefs, I begrudgingly admit some belief in astral projection because of personal experiences. I don't believe I can convince anyone rationally on the matter and I'd never seek to, it just is. Could just be some sort of delusion.

And it is very, very sick.

Zven

I'm very interested in this stuff, thanks for all the explanations, links and videos.

I've been reading about this for a while now but since I haven't had any experiences myself I really can't add anything.

I'll be watching everything you've posted in the next few days and come back here to talk about it.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
it's just another variant of the first pic i posted. it's called the tree of the souls or the tree of life like the others, it represents the soul as it grows and becomes big enough to touch the majesty of light (the top sphere). i think i came across the picture on tumblr or godlike productions
But what are the spheres in that image? The ones labeled "Solar World", "Dark World", [Illegible], "Paradise", "Light of Majesty"? They don't seem to correspond with the Sefirah.

Despite it being antithetical to many-- if not all--of my beliefs, I begrudgingly admit some belief in astral projection because of personal experiences. I don't believe I can convince anyone rationally on the matter and I'd never seek to, it just is. Could just be some sort of delusion.

And it is very, very sick.
Of the videos, the one on astral projection interested me the most, though I have absolutely no experience with it (nor hardly even of lucid dreaming, which the video equates with astral projection/out-of-body experiences, though A separates them). What I'm confused on is how this is distinguished from dreaming (lucid or not), i.e. creating images in our mind that may or may not correspond with external reality. The example given in the video, seeing your friend in Sweden wearing blue jeans and eating cookies, seems a bit far-fetched (but, I suppose, effective if you can confirm it).

Why do you describe it as sick?

very differentiable
Awards
And the same old BS talk about dimensions, which have actual meaning in physics and mathematics. Few understand the meaning of this term and therefore make a fool of themselves. Dimensions (for the millionth time) represent degrees of freedom, allowing one to construct an arbitrary system described by coordinates. Euclidean space and minkowski space, also known as spacetime in Einstein's relativity, are typical examples.

Mentioning quantum physics is a surefire way to make anything seem legitimate. Aside from the fact that this part of physics is highly demanidng regarding mathematics (fourier analysis, operator theory and statistics just to name a few), nobody can ever claim actual understanding. Add the fact that, as any scientific theory, it is open to falsification and therefore could even be refined into an entirely new theory. From what it seems like, QM/QP is the new god of the gaps. Our understanding of nature has increased and this has led to increasingly isolated and more unfamiliar phenomena. Since we don't have any decent explanation for this, some just shout quantum and accept it instantly. This quantum mysticism is shear intellectual laziness that shouldn't be taken serious. Substituting explanations by fantasy or speculation is utterly useless. The best conclusion to state is that of ignorance, we just don't have any explanation (yet). That's more intelligent than claiming unfalsifiable imagination as a substitute.

As for the fact that you don't like to see any opposing views, you can forget that. Posting in a discussion section invites others to give their views, else you should keep it to yourself.

Last edited:

very differentiable
Awards
I know this already but I was also referring to dimension in reference to psychological consciousness not only the mathematical/physical representation. My mistake for not differentiating the two

Never heard of that term to have any actual use outside of physics/mathematics, maybe you should explain that part differently.

hasn't the science community been able to prove or at least derive some parts of this? I wholeheartedly welcome opposing views what implied that I didn't ? If it's the thread title I just put that up there for shits and giggles.

Not really, the problem here resides in the fact that these hypotheses are inherently unfalsifiable, which disqualifies them from the field of science. I do know a few physicists and mathematicians back this view, but that doesn't suffice to lend it scientific merit. As for the title, i took it serious, but i guess we can leave it at joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back