• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- Announced at D23 Expo Japan!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryaneden

Nah, don't overworry (is that even a word?) yourself. That won't happen. Imagine the backlash from all the people attending that private event if they really had the nerve to change their mind... that would basically be a disaster recipe.

Maybe i am a tad bit over-thinking things a bit for it. But knowing that Capcom had the nerve to canceled some games for a series i just started to like really makes me untrustworthy about Game Company unless if there name begins with a N and has a plumber as there mascot.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I hate that this was announced...

Today. Seriously Square-Enix, what do you think you're doing, announcing fantastic stuff on a monday! Things can only go downwards from here on out this week. :D

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Today. Seriously Square-Enix, what do you think you're doing, announcing fantastic stuff on a monday! Things can only go downwards from here on out this week. :D

I'm in opposition. Mondays are the worst. Thank Jeebus we got news on a Monday. My hype kept me afloat. I want news ASAP always anyways~

Recoded.jpg

I'm dying. This is one of the most adorable caps ever. :}

Kevin Perez

Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Chip and Dale are also celebrating this release, if we're to go with the picture above.

BagelBreath

Awards
Awesome! I hope we don't have to wait too long to get our hands on this game!
I wasn't really blown away by the trailer or the screenshots, idk if it's because it just doesn't look as good as 1.5, they're trying to tone it down with the bullshots, or I'm so used to seeing KH in HD now that it just doesn't "wow" me anymore. xD

136199Goat

So a question for you guys. This is really a minor concern for me, but do you think they'll replace the Japanese voice clips for the Absent Silhouette Org members with their English voices? Even if just with archived audio from Re:CoM.

I'd assumed that they would replace Sephiroth's voice in KH 1.5 ReMIX with George Newbern, however they didn't do this. With that in mind, I'm worried they'll drop the ball here and we'll be stuck with the Japanese voices for the CO members when you fight them in KH2FM 2.5...

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
So a question for you guys. This is really a minor concern for me, but do you think they'll replace the Japanese voice clips for the Absent Silhouette Org members with their English voices? Even if just with archived audio from Re:CoM.

I'd assumed that they would replace Sephiroth's voice in KH 1.5 ReMIX with George Newbern, however they didn't do this. With that in mind, I'm worried they'll drop the ball here and we'll be stuck with the Japanese voices for the CO members when you fight them in KH2FM 2.5...

We won't be stuck with Japanese voices, I can tell you that much.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Iirc, that's exactly what the did for the original KH2FM: they used the voice clips from Re:CoM, so it should go without saying that we'll be getting English audio throughout the entire game.

Again, them not replacing the original audio or redubbing over voice actors who are no longer involved in the series is not the same situation. We understand why you'd be concerned about it but you can't keep comparing the two and using it to strengthen your fears no matter how much we explain otherwise.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I remember that this has been discussed somewhere, but let me just reiterate my opinion again.

I personally believe that they will, and should, replace the Japanese voice clips with their English counterparts. I'm not expecting something as grandiose as hiring the CO platoon's voice actors to record battle grunts, but it'd be a very huge plus if they do. Anyway, my point is that why not dub it, considering that they do have the archive audio files from Re:CoM?

As for Sephiroth's voice in 1.5, they stayed with Lance Bass (archive) clips because that was how it was in the English version of KH1. I believe they want to be as faithful as possible to KH1. It's like how they could've gone with redubbing Sora but decided to stick with his pre-pubescent voice, albeit in a lesser scale.

Tesku23

i just dont understand why in kingdom hearts hd 1.5 remix the japanese had the choice to play in both english and japanese but we only got the option of english. itll probably be the same with hd remix 2.5. I WANNA EXPERIENCE THEM BOTH IN JAPANESE. its the language that i major in but im not fluent. it would be amazing to have the option to play in japanese with english subtitles. now im gonna have to buy the japanese one and not understand anything except some of the language lol.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
i just dont understand why in kingdom hearts hd 1.5 remix the japanese had the choice to play in both english and japanese but we only got the option of english. itll probably be the same with hd remix 2.5. I WANNA EXPERIENCE THEM BOTH IN JAPANESE. its the language that i major in but im not fluent. it would be amazing to have the option to play in japanese with english subtitles. now im gonna have to buy the japanese one and not understand anything except some of the language lol.

Um, do you mean the Japanese copies of the game? Sorry, but I don't think so...

I've got the Japanese copy of the game, and there certainly isn't any option to play the game in English, not even English subtitles. Probably you've confused it with another game?

Tesku23

ya they had confirmed it that in the japanese version you can play both in english and japanese but only with japanese subtitles for both languages. i guess that option changed before release. either way, im still buying KH HD 2.5 remix in japanese. i already imported kingdom hearts 2 final mix+ a while back and played it on my ps2 and got through it just fine. i can do it again lol.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Um, do you mean the Japanese copies of the game? Sorry, but I don't think so...

I've got the Japanese copy of the game, and there certainly isn't any option to play the game in English, not even English subtitles. Probably you've confused it with another game?

It was a mistranslation from the early TGS 2012 reports. Attendees were commenting that KHFM, which originally had English audio, had been switched back to Japanese. This was very quickly cleared up but it looks like many people unfortunately didn't get the message.

ya they had confirmed it that in the japanese version you can play both in english and japanese but only with japanese subtitles for both languages. i guess that option changed before release. either way, im still buying KH HD 2.5 remix in japanese. i already imported kingdom hearts 2 final mix+ a while back and played it on my ps2 and got through it just fine. i can do it again lol.

If you could reread Flanix's post again, he stated that he has the Japanese version of 1.5, which only has Japanese audio. They did not confirm that the remasters would have dual audio at any point.

majid25

Here is a comparison of BBS running on an emulator compared to the screenshot from the 2.5 HD Remix.

BBSComparison_zpsd29ab547.png

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
We all know that SE is altering their promotion screenshots quite a bit (I'll eat my hat if Terra's arm will actually look this different in the final game), but I think doubling the texture size (to PS2 standards) and setting the polygon count a bit higher is a given. Maybe they even rework the keyblades models, because they will look bad in HD.

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
We all know that SE is altering their promotion screenshots quite a bit (I'll eat my hat if Terra's arm will actually look this different in the final game), but I think doubling the texture size (to PS2 standards) and setting the polygon count a bit higher is a given. Maybe they even rework the keyblades models, because they will look bad in HD.
The Keyblades in BBS, from what I remember, were 2.5D, as in, 2D textures, sometimes and 3D in some parts. It's mostly noticeable in Earthshaker when Terra faces the Symphony Master. So I think making proper Keyblade models is a given at this point.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Here is a comparison of BBS running on an emulator compared to the screenshot from the 2.5 HD Remix.

Thanks for this! ;)

That wouldn't make much sense. Since there is a necessity this time *unlike 1, CoM and 2* to create better textures they might as well put PS3-res textures in the game. They are remaking the textures either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back