• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Other Keyblade Wielders?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Okay, so I've been thinking about the Keyblade War, and Xehanort's hope that a second Keyblade war could bring about the rebirth of the universe.

Forging the X-Blade will probably be unavoidable, but Xehanort's grand plan really only rests on the theory that once Kingdom Hearts is summoned, other Keyblade wielders will arrive to fight over it.

There aren't that many Keyblade wielders left, Xehanort seems to believe that there are enough to battle for the light within Kingdom Hearts, and according to his reports they'll be summoned there instantly.
I have uncovered the Keyblade's ultimate mystery. You see, besides the three families of Keyblades, there is another "Key Blade." While it may sound the same when spoken, it is notated uniquely: "χ-blade." And make no mistake, while it resembles a normal Keyblade, it is something altogether different.
Keyblades are said to be man-made counterparts to Kingdom Hearts. The χ-blade, however, coexists with Kingdom Hearts.It is only forged when two hearts of equal power intersect--one heart of pure darkness, one heart of pure light. At the time of its forging, Kingdom Hearts appears. It must be noted, though, that this Kingdom Hearts is special. Unlike the Kingdoms brought about forcibly and artificially through the collection of hearts, THIS Kingdom Hearts is a perfect and complete union of ALL the worlds' hearts. Surely it was over this that the ancient Keyblade War was fought.If so, the walls that divide the worlds today are of little consequence. With the χ-blade, all their hearts could be instantly reunited--and the Keyblade War, refought.

I mean, we have a few Keyblade wielders in the canon and perhaps that would be enough to create the clash that Xehanort's hoping for but I'm certain he's wanting an all-out war.

Now, we know that Mickey and Riku are searching for other Keyblade wielders, and that could refer to the BBS trio BUT what if they're searching for Keyblade Wielders outside the circles we know of in order to convince them that should Xehanort be successful in one aspect of his quest, that they won't battle for ownership of Kingdom Hearts?

I know a lot of people seem to be deadset against new characters to be added this late in the saga, and I'm not saying that I'm a fan of it or want them to get more development but we're still a darkness short, we don't know who's on which side or what the final lineup will be in the 7 vs. 13, and I'm really starting to suspect that there's more to X overall than meets the eye, or just the single line in that prophecy.

Also, I really want to see Daybreak Town in 3.

So, I don't know, do you think that maybe Mickey and Riku will be looking into it a bit more than just trying to save Aqua and Terra and Ven?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Okay, so I've been thinking about the Keyblade War, and Xehanort's hope that a second Keyblade war could bring about the rebirth of the universe.

Forging the X-Blade will probably be unavoidable, but Xehanort's grand plan really only rests on the theory that once Kingdom Hearts is summoned, other Keyblade wielders will arrive to fight over it.

There aren't that many Keyblade wielders left, Xehanort seems to believe that there are enough to battle for the light within Kingdom Hearts, and according to his reports they'll be summoned there instantly.

I mean, we have a few Keyblade wielders in the canon and perhaps that would be enough to create the clash that Xehanort's hoping for but I'm certain he's wanting an all-out war.

Now, we know that Mickey and Riku are searching for other Keyblade wielders, and that could refer to the BBS trio BUT what if they're searching for Keyblade Wielders outside the circles we know of in order to convince them that should Xehanort be successful in one aspect of his quest, that they won't battle for ownership of Kingdom Hearts?

I know a lot of people seem to be deadset against new characters to be added this late in the saga, and I'm not saying that I'm a fan of it or want them to get more development but we're still a darkness short, we don't know who's on which side or what the final lineup will be in the 7 vs. 13, and I'm really starting to suspect that there's more to X overall than meets the eye, or just the single line in that prophecy.

Also, I really want to see Daybreak Town in 3.

So, I don't know, do you think that maybe Mickey and Riku will be looking into it a bit more than just trying to save Aqua and Terra and Ven?

Even if forging the X-blade may be unavoidable (which also isn't clear yet just because Xehanort says so), the war (and summoning of the true KH) can still be avoided if Sora and co. are fast enough in destroying the damn thing again. You cannot fight over something that doesn't exist anymore.

While Xehanort travelled far and saw many worlds, I doubt that he saw even a third or less of the actual available universe, so his figures on existing Keyblade Wielders are almost sure to be incorrect and/or only vague assumptions.

The 7 vs. 13 clash is indeed what Xehanort is most hoping for cuz that's the requirement for the reformation of the X-blade, but not for starting an actual universe spanning, all destructive war.

I actually have a hard time to believe that Yen Sid would send out two of their most capable Masters (and so far the only ones they have) on a fool's errand to somehow contact obscure wielders on remote worlds in order to preach for restraint if Xehanort may eventually be successful instead of flat out either directly recruiting them as allies against Xehanort (probably a bad move as well as they would just in effect build up an army, a prerequisite for any war) or better, use Mickey and Riku in a way that may actually result in preventing the war altogether.

If anything, those new Keybladers would be just cannon fodder to be mowed down in the gauntlet of final battles anyways, so there would not be much room for "development".
That we are short of some darknesses and the seven Guardians are still ambigious can also be easily handled by using already known characters as we have already so many.
It's not a requirement that a Darkness or a Guardian has to be a Keyblade Wielder, so the roster of possible characters that can be used is even higher. In theory, even Donald and Goofy could become Guardians. Or Minnie, or Hayner, or Olette...

As far as I am informed it was confirmed that only that single paragraph in the Foreteller's script has any connection to KH III and nothing else from Chi.

Mickey and Riku are at most looking to find them as in locate where they are, not save them.
That will already take quite some time because for Aqua, the Realm of Darkness is vast and locate her will not be easy, for Ven and Terra it is even more difficult because the only hint they have about Ven is the ominous "I might have an idea where Ven's heart is"-statement from Mickey in the Re: Coded secret ending while on Terra they know close to nothing. They will probably have to go at this like Private Investigators and that will take time, time that Sora, Donald and Goofy use to look for that "Key to Return Hearts".

It is even questionable if Riku and Mickey even can save them as it has been stated repeatedly that Sora is the only one who can save TAV.
Especially for Ventus its already clear as glass that it is impossible to rescue him without Sora and the same may hold true for Aqua and Terra as well for different reasons.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Even if forging the X-blade may be unavoidable (which also isn't clear yet just because Xehanort says so), the war (and summoning of the true KH) can still be avoided if Sora and co. are fast enough in destroying the damn thing again. You cannot fight over something that doesn't exist anymore.
Very true! That's probably the mentality that the lights are going to have and is the best bet to avoid the all-out apocalypse.

Though plain out destroying the X-blade once forged? That seems reckless. If it were shattered again, who knows what damage it would cause. That's part of what Xehanort wants to happen, remember?

While Xehanort travelled far and saw many worlds, I doubt that he saw even a third or less of the actual available universe, so his figures on existing Keyblade Wielders are almost sure to be incorrect and/or only vague assumptions.
True! But while he was writing his reports he spoke of them possibly existing, nothing definite was spoken but he did believe they were out there.

The 7 vs. 13 clash is indeed what Xehanort is most hoping for cuz that's the requirement for the reformation of the X-blade, but not for starting an actual universe spanning, all destructive war.

Forgive my crassness, but I don't see how the reformation of the X-blade, at least as Xehanort wants it, wouldn't lead to the all-out war. Unless, of course the lights worked to destroy the X-blade before it's able to summon the potential other wielders.

I actually have a hard time to believe that Yen Sid would send out two of their most capable Masters (and so far the only ones they have) on a fool's errand to somehow contact obscure wielders on remote worlds in order to preach for restraint if Xehanort may eventually be successful instead of flat out either directly recruiting them as allies against Xehanort (probably a bad move as well as they would just in effect build up an army, a prerequisite for any war) or better, use Mickey and Riku in a way that may actually result in preventing the war altogether.

If anything, those new Keybladers would be just cannon fodder to be mowed down in the gauntlet of final battles anyways, so there would not be much room for "development".
I'm not saying they're due a starring role, I was just wondering of the possibility of seeing them.

That we are short of some darknesses and the seven Guardians are still ambiguous can also be easily handled by using already known characters as we have already so many.
It's not a requirement that a Darkness or a Guardian has to be a Keyblade Wielder, so the roster of possible characters that can be used is even higher. In theory, even Donald and Goofy could become Guardians. Or Minnie, or Hayner, or Olette...

I know, I know, I just think that it's so early at this point that the endgame could be flipped in a variety of ways.

As far as I am informed it was confirmed that only that single paragraph in the Foreteller's script has any connection to KH III and nothing else from Chi.

Yes, and interestingly the two lines that are canon support that the idea that Xehanort's going to b successful. At least at first.
Otherwise, no. Chi's story doesn't really work in the canon, but for a look at what was possibly going on during the Keyblade War? Well, it is our best bet. So I'm not willing to dismiss it all so easily.

Mickey and Riku are at most looking to find them as in locate where they are, not save them.
That will already take quite some time because for Aqua, the Realm of Darkness is vast and locate her will not be easy, for Ven and Terra it is even more difficult because the only hint they have about Ven is the ominous "I might have an idea where Ven's heart is"-statement from Mickey in the Re: Coded secret ending while on Terra they know close to nothing. They will probably have to go at this like Private Investigators and that will take time, time that Sora, Donald and Goofy use to look for that "Key to Return Hearts".
Well...

Especially for Ventus its already clear as glass that it is impossible to rescue him without Sora and the same may hold true for Aqua and Terra as well for different reasons.

Exactly! I have an equally hard time believing that they'd have mentioned the subplot at all in the press if it didn't lead to at least Aqua being saved in that manner. But the futility in them not being able to save Terra or Ven themselves is what made me skeptical that playing detective was all they were doing. Though, I suppose if they do save Aqua first, which I guess they'd have to, then the three of them could go to Castle Oblivion to get Ven's body.

Indeed, that would all take some time. I just can't shake the feeling that Xehanort is counting of there being other Keyblade bearers.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Very true! That's probably the mentality that the lights are going to have and is the best bet to avoid the all-out apocalypse.

Though plain out destroying the X-blade once forged? That seems reckless. If it were shattered again, who knows what damage it would cause. That's part of what Xehanort wants to happen, remember?

From what we can take so far, even Yen Sid admitted that the clash with the Seekers is all but unavoidable. However, that doesn't mean that the outcome of it is or that it automatically results in the true, perfect X-blade being forged.
Even when only forging a prototype out of two ingredients instead of twenty like in BBS, Ventus resisting just mentally and with his own will resulted in an unfinished and broken X-blade.
I would imagine that seven fragments out of twenty resisting as well would result in a similar crippled result. It would be the whole thingy this time, but still brittle and broken and far from the "perfect" version Xehanort desires.
And that is just one of the possibilities that could go wrong with the whole issue.

Xehanort wants the thing to be complete so it can be fought over as a prize in the new war. By shattering it right away they can get rid of the prize before the war even truly started. The only damage it would cause would be to the world the clash happens on, and since the Keyblade Graveyard is a dead world anyways there wouldn't be any collateral damage.
Sure, maybe Sora and co. will have to make one hell of a Gummiship/Glider run in order to escape the shockwave of destruction (that could be even implemented as a minigame like fleeing with the Flying Carpet from the Cave of Wonders), but it would cause less damage in any case than allowing a new war to break out in its entirety.

True! But while he was writing his reports he spoke of them possibly existing, nothing definite was spoken but he did believe they were out there.
Indeed, although the numbers (few) he mentioned were just assumptions on his side. There may be still thousands around we do not know of.
Nomura himself stated in the Ultimania of the first KH that there are several other Keybladers out in the universe, which is also why the often cited claim that Sora is THE chosen one of THE one Keyblade is/was nonsense from the beginning, Sora never was the only chosen one even when KH 1 just came out nor was there only one Keyblade.

Forgive my crassness, but I don't see how the reformation of the X-blade, at least as Xehanort wants it, wouldn't lead to the all-out war. Unless, of course the lights worked to destroy the X-blade before it's able to summon the potential other wielders.
The X-blade can be used to summon/create the true Kingdom Hearts and in a second step gain access to it. The summoning/creation of the true KH is what will eventually attract other Keyblade Wielders. The actual forging of the X-blade itself does not work as an automatical summoning of other Keyblade Wielders.

I'm not saying they're due a starring role, I was just wondering of the possibility of seeing them.

I know, I know, I just think that it's so early at this point that the endgame could be flipped in a variety of ways.
I won't rule out the possibility, although I do wonder what the point would be. The main goals of KH III are to finally save those who were screwed over by Xehanort and finally give the old geezer the beating he's long overdue for. The prospect of Xehanort starting a second Keyblade War is merely the background ambition of the villain that needs to be thwarted in order for the points above to happen.

That's completely true, the final battle can happen in so many different ways. It's even possible that the Guardians may pick the Dark Seekers off one by one, thus thwarting the whole formula, or bring an eighth, ninth and tenth or even more Guardians into the fray when the final clash is already in progress, messing the formula up while the process is just running.
Heck, considering Nomura's knacks for making things "surprising" they may even plant a double agent amidst the Seekers who strikes at the current Xehanort from behind, forcing all time travelling incarnations to return to their own times et cetera.

Yes, and interestingly the two lines that are canon support that the idea that Xehanort's going to b successful. At least at first.
Otherwise, no. Chi's story doesn't really work in the canon, but for a look at what was possibly going on during the Keyblade War? Well, it is our best bet. So I'm not willing to dismiss it all so easily.
These lines predict the eventual outcome of the first Keyblade War. The "future world" these lines speak of is the future of Chirithy and the Foretellers because Chi takes place before the great Keyblade War. The future described there will inevitably come to pass because it already happened.
The connection to KH III is the danger that this may happen again, but not that Xehanort will actually be successful. The main question is if Yen Sid, Sora and the others will find a way to prevent history from repeating itself and make these lines not come to pass, unlike the Foretellers who failed to prevent that future thousands of years ago.

Well...

Exactly! I have an equally hard time believing that they'd have mentioned the subplot at all in the press if it didn't lead to at least Aqua being saved in that manner. But the futility in them not being able to save Terra or Ven themselves is what made me skeptical that playing detective was all they were doing. Though, I suppose if they do save Aqua first, which I guess they'd have to, then the three of them could go to Castle Oblivion to get Ven's body.

Indeed, that would all take some time. I just can't shake the feeling that Xehanort is counting of there being other Keyblade bearers.

In all honesty? I believe this whole premise with sending Mickey and Riku on an extra quest is done just to have an convenient excuse to have them not as party members in order so that Sora is stuck with only Donald and Goofy again.
It was made clear in both Blank Points and the regular ending of Coded that Sora is supposed to be the one saving them, Aqua included, so Riku and Mickey doing that would certainly murk things up.
Not to mention that if they really could do that they could have already done it long before. Both Mickey and Riku were in the Realm of Darkness several times during the course of KH 1 and Days.
Ven's body is safe and sound in the Chamber of Waking since no one can reach it. It would be a very dumb move to fetch the body from there before Sora is ready to return Ven's heart to his body.
It would be like a blank invitation card for Xehanort to swoop in and claim Ven's empty body as a vessel. Sure, Xehanort did deem Ven useless as a vessel in BBS because he's too benign and "frail", but Ven's heart isn't present right now and without a heart resisting in there, Xehanort could use the body as a vessel even if it is "frail" just in order to fill his ranks.
The clash between the Seekers and Guardians is the most mportant point that will lead to the X-blade's forging. The actual outcome of the battle isn't even that important, heck, actual "deaths" may actually be a hindrance because that would mean one of the twenty parts gets lost.

It would certainly take time and much worldhopping as well as scouring the Realm of Darknes to locate Aqua, especially since the clues on Terra are close to zero while the ones regarding Ven are rather thin.
It would be quite problematic if Sora gains the "Key to Return Hearts" but cannot truly use it because TAV's locations are still unknown.
Sure, they could try and save Naminé, Xion and Roxas first, but considering their nature I would expect that restoring those as independent existences again would take a bit more work than TAV.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
"Foretellers. Dandelions. Etc."

TINNY WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG, AGAIN.

TrueAllOfIt_HanSolo-300x212.jpg

Tinny is the official Forum Foreteller.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think it's be a character overload to introduce a set of new characters outside of the seven lights and thirteen darknesses. At best, we may get a new Keyblade trio but that's just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back