• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas as next series villain

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

digimikej

Awards
i feel like he would do a good job. hes intelligent, was taught by MX himself, and generally seems to just want the world to burn. anyone else like the idea?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
While I'm not sure I would want him as the main villian, I like the idea of him being a recurring antagonist for the next saga.

Though I not sure if he will survive the final battle in the Keyblade Graveyard.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm not against the idea, but I don't have strong feelings one way or another seeing as we don't know very much about Vanitas. For better or for worse, the issue is that all we really know is what you just mentioned, that he just seems to "want the world to burn", but otherwise he doesn't have much going for him as a villain. He's pretty incompetent all things considering actually.

He's "all bark but no bite" so to speak. I feel that he's more intimidating in attitude and because he's certainly willing to go to extreme lengths to achive his goals, but he's failed in almost everthing he's done. Also, I think that he's intended to be more of a plot device/personification than an actual "character".

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm not against the idea, but I don't have strong feelings one way or another seeing as we don't know very much about Vanitas. For better or for worse, the issue is that all we really know is what you just mentioned, that he just seems to "want the world to burn", but otherwise he doesn't have much going for him as a villain. He's pretty incompetent all things considering actually.

He's "all bark but no bite" so to speak. I feel that he's more intimidating in attitude and because he's certainly willing to go to extreme lengths to achive his goals, but he's failed in almost everthing he's done. Also, I think that he's intended to be more of a plot device/personification than an actual "character".

Those are my thoughts as well. He's a very one dimensional character, which is why I don't think he would work as a main villian.

Ruran

Awards
Those are my thoughts as well. He's a very one dimensional character, which is why I don't think he would work as a main villian.

To be optimistic, that could change with KH3 if they decide too develope him more, but yeah, as he is now there's not much that's makes him interesting as the potential main villain of the next saga.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind a more lighthearted saga? Something a bit less story intensive, and a lot more crossover intensive? Perhaps letting the translation team take some liberties to make the script funnier to us? I want to see things like Jack Skellington rescuing Princess Jasmine, only to scare the crap out of her, much to Aladdin's embarrassment, and more villain interaction.. Nomura'd never do it though.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I don't want any main character connections in the next series, frankly, and if there must be, I'd rather they be good guys: Mickey, Donald, Goofy, maybe grown-up versions of the trio. The grown-up part is important: it's not really going to feel like a new series if we're just recycling old elements, so at least change them around a bit!

Ruran

Awards
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind a more lighthearted saga? Something a bit less story intensive, and a lot more crossover intensive? Perhaps letting the translation team take some liberties to make the script funnier to us? I want to see things like Jack Skellington rescuing Princess Jasmine, only to scare the crap out of her, much to Aladdin's embarrassment, and more villain interaction.. Nomura'd never do it though.

*raises hand*

I was just thinking about that sort of thing earlier actually. Personally, I think Nomura regrets making the series as "complex" as it is now so making the next saga more digestable may not be that far fetched.

Over all I don't mind KH being story driven but it does need to tone it down just a bit and focus more on taking advantage of the fact that this is a cross-over series. Disney as a whole has sort of been tossed to the way side with just the occasional interjection of Donald, Goofy, Mickey, and Yen Sid. The PoH don't even get that much focus despite the fact that they're supposed to be super-duper important.

Oh, as a side note, I guess it depends on whoes doing it, but sometimes the translators do just take the script and run with it. As I understand, the Japanese script for Days was extremly dry and boring and it was the translation team who put in all the jokes and tried to make it lighter.

Buuuttt, I'm digresing. Personally I don't mind if the next saga doesn't even gets a villain since it doesn't strickly need one. Vanitas, I'm neutral on.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
i feel like he would do a good job. hes intelligent, was taught by MX himself, and generally seems to just want the world to burn. anyone else like the idea?

Well I always figured that Vanitas would be defeated and have his final appearance in KH3 but if he does show up again in the next saga I could see him being a good villain. I thought he was interesting and cruel and that could be a good opposite to the heroes.

I would really like the crossover part of the series to take front and center again. Have the original characters and final fantasy characters interact with Disney characters more. Not just Donald, Goofy, and Mickey but with world specific ones like Jack Sparrow, Simba, and Mulan.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
The PoH don't even get that much focus despite the fact that they're supposed to be super-duper important.

Yeah, it's like, they were there and that's it. Heck, you barely even see them again in their respective worlds in Kingdom Hearts 2...

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
Yeah, it's like, they were there and that's it. Heck, you barely even see them again in their respective worlds in Kingdom Hearts 2...

The PoH don't even get that much focus despite the fact that they're supposed to be super-duper important.

Well PoH are pretty much irrelevant now guys. Remember that their sole purpose was to open KH but Sora ruined it in KH1. MX no longer is trying the PoH method to open KH because the 7 lights vs 13 darknesses is all he needs, since the xblade method in BBS filed as well.

Ruran

Awards
Well PoH are pretty much irrelevant now guys. Remember that their sole purpose was to open KH but Sora ruined it in KH1. MX no longer is trying the PoH method to open KH because the 7 lights vs 13 darknesses is all he needs, since the xblade method in BBS filed as well.

Actually, they are still somewhat relevant because they're also an option in making the X-Blade, so Xehanort will go after them if he can't gather the seven lights. The issue is that the PoH shouldn't have been as irrelevant as they are up until this point considering the mythos and are just an example of how Disney as a whole hasn't been well integrated into the series.

Anyway, Vanitas...

zspek09

Website
instagram.com

Actually, they are still somewhat relevant because they're also an option in making the X-Blade, so Xehanort will go after them if he can't gather the seven lights. The issue is that the PoH shouldn't have been as irrelevant as they are up until this point considering the mythos and are just an example of how Disney as a whole hasn't been well integrated into the series.

Anyway, Vanitas...

Just no lol, the whole 7 lights vs 13 darknesses in DDD foreshadows the showdown between the heroes and the xehanorts. There is no "option" of MX using PoH. That's literally why the intro to DDD was the 7 lights (keyblade weilders)

KeybladeGuy

Awards
To be honest, I've always thought that Ventus would have to be awake for Vanitas to return. But as we see from DDD, it's likely he will wake soon.

I think, as in BBS, there will be multiple battles against Vanitas, only this time with Sora, Riku, and Ventus all working together.

Veritas7340

Well, I think he'd make a half-hearted main villain.

Everything has been about Master Xehanort in one form or another. Making Vanitas the next villain is just continuing that in a way due to his being made by MX.

Honestly when BBB was in the process of being made and the concept trailers were released, I initially thought they were going to introduce a third type of dark antagonist based on the soul of the person taken by darkness

I'd love to see that but realize it may give way to convolution. So, something really brand new would be preferable.

KeybladeGuy

Awards
Dude Ventus woke up lol. At the end of DDD. When Riku destroy's the Dark Armor in Sora that awakens Ventus AND Sora. Which is why Vanitas is back.

Ummmm... what? I've beat DDD twice.

Direct quote from the KH Wiki:
In the final ending scene of the game, Ventus is shown still inside Castle Oblivion, however he starts to smile slightly, due to Sora's happiness during his encounter with the Dream Eaters when he returns to Traverse Town in the Realm of Sleep.

Ruran

Awards
Just no lol, the whole 7 lights vs 13 darknesses in DDD foreshadows the showdown between the heroes and the xehanorts. There is no "option" of MX using PoH. That's literally why the intro to DDD was the 7 lights (keyblade weilders)

Just...yes? They are an option just like how Vanitas and Ven were an option in making the X-Blade (albeit, a frail one). That's part of what makes the battle near unaviodable, if the heros refuse to fight, Xehanort will just go after the princesses because their pure hearts together are the equivalent of the power of KH, which makes them more than duable.

Dude Ventus woke up lol. At the end of DDD. When Riku destroy's the Dark Armor in Sora that awakens Ventus AND Sora. Which is why Vanitas is back.

Ven hasn't awoken yet and the status of Vanitas is unknown. Ven smiling was a reaction to Sora's feelings of happiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back