• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► OVERBIT CHAOS [kingdom hearts] -- First chapter up!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Overbit Chaos -- Prologue

Sure, that would be super helpful! :D I think it would be more initial feedback? I'm not worrying too much about proofreading yet, but I'm trying to make sure that different aspects of the story (especially like dialogue and pacing/tension) are in order.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Sure, that would be super helpful! :D I think it would be more initial feedback? I'm not worrying too much about proofreading yet, but I'm trying to make sure that different aspects of the story (especially like dialogue and pacing/tension) are in order.
I can certainly do that. You can send me a PM when you're free and we'll figure out how to do this.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I HAVE TIME TO WORK ON THIS NOW YAAAAAY ;www; unfortunately i haven't gotten far *hides* ;A; But something is almost done, so here's a preview!
Spoiler Spoiler Show
But other than that, I should have some sort of idea of a release date soon~ ;w; Sorries that this is taking so long! >.<

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Overbit Chaos -- Coming soon!

No worries, Rena. Take your time. :D I really like this preview despite how short it is. Could this monster be plucking a star? Or the object important to Enigma? Got me curious.

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards

I HAVE TIME TO WORK ON THIS NOW YAAAAAY ;www; unfortunately i haven't gotten far *hides* ;A; But something is almost done, so here's a preview!
Spoiler Spoiler Show
But other than that, I should have some sort of idea of a release date soon~ ;w; Sorries that this is taking so long! >.<

Great now you have me waiting in even more anticipation TWT why Rena WHY

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No worries, Rena. Take your time. :D I really like this preview despite how short it is. Could this monster be plucking a star? Or the object important to Enigma? Got me curious.
Yaaaay, thank yew! ;w; (I do want to get it up soon, though, but I want to have the first few chapters done first~) And hmm... I'm not sure if it's an object, or at least something tangible, but it's important to someone. I can say what laters mwahaha xD

Great now you have me waiting in even more anticipation TWT why Rena WHY
'cause I'm horrible? :D ...or just really slow about writing. probably the second one lulz xD;; I'm sorries! ;0; I'll try to get it up soon~

I did have a random, quick question about the actual chapters, though :T The scenes that I've finished so far are pretty long (1k words each omg ;A;), so I was wondering if you guys would like to see the full chapters at once or a scene posted everyday? It's about 4 scenes per chapter, but I dunno if it would be better to just post the whole thing at once or not lulz.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

heyheyhey guess what :D

One chapter is (almost) finished!! But I can't post it yet, since I'm trying to finish the other chapters first lulz. But yay progress!

I did want to update this thread, though, since I'm working on some audio/video projects related to this and wanted to see if anyone would be interested in seeing a preview of those.

I might also be looking for another beta reader, if that's alright, since I'm trying to get as much feedback from different sources as possible, so I can make this as best as it can be. If anyone's interested, let me know! I'm looking for feedback on character, tone/voice, and pacing issues right now, and I'm focusing more on grammar shortly.

Otherwise, I promise I will have these chapters up soon! ;0; I'm planning something big just before they come out, though, and I'll reveal all of that soon!

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hey, guys! :D Got a quick preview for you~
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Still working on finalizing the first chapter (oh gosh has it been 2 months already?! ;A; i'm trying my best, promise!), but, once the first 5 chapters or so are done, I'll start posting the story! I'm super sorry for the huge delay, but I want this to be as best as it can be! I hope that you enjoy it once it comes out! ;w;

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

ooh, I wasn't expecting a tidbit from your first chapter. :D Its still so awesome! I really can't wait to see it finalize. I still get goose bumps from the monsters laughing at her. I actually think she sounds a bit more her age compared to the sneak peek I got from awhile ago. Seriously though, take your time! There really is no time limit on posting it. The tidbits itself are nice and can tide us, (us?) over until then.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

ooh, I wasn't expecting a tidbit from your first chapter. :D Its still so awesome! I really can't wait to see it finalize. I still get goose bumps from the monsters laughing at her. I actually think she sounds a bit more her age compared to the sneak peek I got from awhile ago. Seriously though, take your time! There really is no time limit on posting it. The tidbits itself are nice and can tide us, (us?) over until then.
Thanks lots! :D Good news, though: part of chapter 1 is finalized!! ;w; SO HAPPY YAY (I still have to do some grammar edits, but that's about it haha) On the other hand... I had to rewrite the other scene, so it's going to have to wait a little longer ;0; But yay for progress! I'll share another preview when I can~

Okies, new (sorta?) update! I wrote a short story for the Halloween contest, and although I know some of you have read it, I wanted to post it on here regardless ;w; Hope you like it! (There are a couple of extra things that weren't in the contest version; not writing-wise, but I added some music and artwork!)

I had to rush and edit it VERY quickly, so I may go back and re-edit it later on. But it ended up being a fun character study for Aex, and there is actually a part 2, which I may write later on. (You'll see what I mean lulz)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Overbit Chaos -- Coming soon! (Halloween story up!)

Poor Aex. Rena is a handful and all of those pep talks went to waste. xD He was such a brave little trooper to try to rescue Rena. You hit the scary factor right on the nail with the static and disappearance of Rena in the mirror. It gave me chills to read this a second time. Halloween Town seems a lot more sinister with Aex and Rena trying to seal a keyhole and go trick or treating. I also love the addition of a picture at the end. This was a pure joy to read and it was a great contest entry too. :)

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Poor Aex. Rena is a handful and all of those pep talks went to waste. xD He was such a brave little trooper to try to rescue Rena. You hit the scary factor right on the nail with the static and disappearance of Rena in the mirror. It gave me chills to read this a second time. Halloween Town seems a lot more sinister with Aex and Rena trying to seal a keyhole and go trick or treating. I also love the addition of a picture at the end. This was a pure joy to read and it was a great contest entry too. :)
Thanks!! ;w; And yeah, poor Aex xD Although he tries to be this big, brave hero character, he is a scaredy cat and is pretty much scared of his own shadow, so I wanted to play around with that, since he doesn't get scared very often in the main story. But it was really fun to write!! ;w; The whole thing was an illusion, too, so thankfully everyone's ok haha. (And Halloween Town's normal now, too! Yaaaaaay ;w;) But there was another story going on with Rena while Aex was asleep, so I'd like to write that out eventually~ Maybe for next Halloween? :D

*Pokes TR in hopes of getting more Overbit stuff*
;A; I'M TRYING I SWEAR

I wanted to have the story up this fall (which obviously that didn't happen lol) but I am working really hard on the chapters and I'm hoping to have everything out early next year ;0; I wanted to have most of the chapters finished, so I can post them without any hiatuses, so that's why it's taking so long. But hopefully it'll be awesome!! I'm working on radioplays to go along with them too, so hopefully it'll be really cool once it's all finished ;w;

Also I completely forgot about writing a Christmas story :T hmmmm. I'll see if I can do that lol; I didn't really have motivation to do it before, but I did have a silly Grinch-inspired drabble idea that I might write about >0>;

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that CHAPTER ONE IS ALMOST FREAKIN' DONE OMG *headdesk* I'm sorry that I haven't updated anything about this project at all, but I'm trying my super-duper best to finish it as fast as possible without sacrificing quality ;0; But I'm really happy with the first chapter so far, so I wanted to share a little preview! Enjoy! :D
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Also, I'll probably be starting this thread over once I can post the actual story, since I want to use the first post as a "hub" of sorts with chapter links and links to other parts of the project~ If I do that, I will still be using this thread to post side stories and drabbles!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Rena said:
Also, I'll probably be starting this thread over once I can post the actual story, since I want to use the first post as a "hub" of sorts with chapter links and links to other parts of the project~ If I do that, I will still be using this thread to post side stories and drabbles!

I'm good with this! However you want to do it works for me, Rena. I'll read it either way! C:

I remember reading this sneak peek. I'm greatly amused how easily Rena promises to leave Xiao alone. I don't think she meant to keep such a promise per se. And gosh, she's so cute. I like how Xiao sort of humors her and stays blunt about her childish behavior. Too bad they don't make a pinky promise together, cause I feel like Rena's destiny is intertwined with Xiao's. I can't wait to see chapter one when you're done with it, Rena! Best of luck!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Uh... okay. So I just read the prologue, and now I really want chapter one, because that was AMAZING. Every bit of that was freaking perfect. I hope the rest of the story is just as good, and I hope it comes soon. Thankfully, it looks like I won't have to wait as long as some people have.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm good with this! However you want to do it works for me, Rena. I'll read it either way! C:

I remember reading this sneak peek. I'm greatly amused how easily Rena promises to leave Xiao alone. I don't think she meant to keep such a promise per se. And gosh, she's so cute. I like how Xiao sort of humors her and stays blunt about her childish behavior. Too bad they don't make a pinky promise together, cause I feel like Rena's destiny is intertwined with Xiao's. I can't wait to see chapter one when you're done with it, Rena! Best of luck!
Awesome, then I'll probably go with that~ ;w; (i like for things to be organized ahhhh ;A;)

But yay, thank you! Xiao/Rena scenes are always my favorite to write lol. I love their banter back and forth, and it's just so adorable and funny ugh ;A; i ship it so hard >:T even if it's just a best friendship, i ship ittttttttt lol

Uh... okay. So I just read the prologue, and now I really want chapter one, because that was AMAZING. Every bit of that was freaking perfect. I hope the rest of the story is just as good, and I hope it comes soon. Thankfully, it looks like I won't have to wait as long as some people have.
Yay, thank you! I'm trying my best to get everything sorted out, so I can start posting chapters; I want to make sure I have a few chapters revised first, along with a few other things finished, before I start posting, hopefully so I can prevent any hiatuses from occurring :x But the wait shouldn't be too much longer!! I'm aiming to start posting chapters in March, but I'll let everyone know when it's going to be ready ;w;

Also, to tide you guys over a little bit, I've got another tiny preview! I'm trying my super-duper best to work on this stuff, but I've been extremely unmotivated over the past few weeks. But I'm trying my best ;0; I may keep posting little previews and tidbits, since doing so might encourage me to keep going lol. But yeah, have a preview! :D
Spoiler Spoiler Show
The scene that this is from is actually really important to the story but super spoiler-rific, unfortunately. But I thought this little part was funny lol. (And I swear that this fic isn't just Xiao/Rena scenes, but they're my favorite ahhhh ;~;)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

The pair of them are so cute. I like how Rena tried to say he isn't those things until Xiao covers her mouth to keep her innocent. I really can't wait to see more of this scene of them together someday. I imagine Rena is rubbing off on Xiao a lot. They make such a good duo too. Nice tidbit overall! C:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The pair of them are so cute. I like how Rena tried to say he isn't those things until Xiao covers her mouth to keep her innocent. I really can't wait to see more of this scene of them together someday. I imagine Rena is rubbing off on Xiao a lot. They make such a good duo too. Nice tidbit overall! C:
Thanks!! :D I wish I could share more of this scene, but it's REALLY spoilery (it's like halfway through the story, and it focuses on a huge revelation that one of the characters have). But yup, Xiao definitely warms up to Rena, and Rena ends up learning a lot of stuff from him lol (sometimes good, sometimes not so much... like she tries to pick up his swearing habit and he's like "NOPE I'M NOT LETTING YOU DO THAT SHIT KID")

I might end up posting a preview or whatever for the project every week or so~ I don't want to give too much away, but I'm doing a lot of art for it and I'm actually having a hard time working on the writing itself, so maybe keeping this thread updated might help my motivation? I have no idea ;A; But yeah, I'll see if I can post more soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back