• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does Roxas look more like Ventus than Sora?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RikuOathkeeper

I remember at one point playing 358/2 Days, I forget where, but there a mission at the mansion courtyard, and (I've never played BbS, and at that particular moment in time knew nothing about it) I saw Roxas wearing some funny clothes, not his Organization coat, not his clothes that he was found in. Later, I was told that that wasn't even Roxas, but a character named Ventus.

Skip forward to a few days ago, I begun my rerun through Dream Drop Distance, and as well as seeing Roxas and Ventus show up all over the place, we see some Organization members returning to human form. Aside from the lines under his eyes, Axel looks identical to Lea. In fact, the only other Nobodies I've noticed that don't look like their former selves are Xemnas and Naminé. So when Sora turned the Keyblade on himself to free Kairi's heart, why didn't his Nobody look like him? Possibly because of the fact that Ventus's heart was hiding within Sora's?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Ventus' heart being in Sora when he stabbed himself is indeed a factor. That, combined with the brief amount of time Sora spent as a Heartless, was what allowed Roxas' appearance to be based on Ventus'.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Exactly. Ventus also granted Roxas his ability to duel wield because when doing so Roxas is summoning and using both Sora's and Ventus' keyblades simultaneously.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Also, the character you saw for a brief second in days was neither Roxas nor Ventus. That was Xion, but Xion's appearance changes depending on who's looking at her and how well they're connected to Sora. Xigbar hadn't encountered Sora, but he knew Ven and that's why in that instance she appeared to him as Ven.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
When Sora stabbed himself with the Heart Unlocker keyblade, both his heart and Kairi's heart left his body but Ven's stayed inside of it because it was still sleeping.

Ven's dormant heart altered Sora's body, and thus we have Roxas who looks like Ven. They aren't 100% lookalikes, though. Roxas has brown eyebrows like Sora, though few tend to notice it.

It is theorized that Namine's blond hair was also influenced by Ven's heart in the brief moment that it took to create her. Her being first born in Castle Oblivion helps to give this idea credence, considering Ven's own body is in CO and it is possible Namine was "drawn" to the place as her existence brushed against Ven's heart. (Namine as a whole is unique since she was made by Kairi's heart leaving Sora's body but only using a small fragment of said body to give her form, which leads to another idea that she wasn't a true Nobody at all but something else entirely)

RikuOathkeeper

^ Exactly. Ventus also granted Roxas his ability to duel wield because when doing so Roxas is summoning and using both Sora's and Ventus' keyblades simultaneously.
Really? I always thought it had something to do with Xion, as Roxas doesn't appear to have the capability to wield two Keyblades until Xion's death, when he goes after Kingdom Hearts.
Also, the character you saw for a brief second in days was neither Roxas nor Ventus. That was Xion, but Xion's appearance changes depending on who's looking at her and how well they're connected to Sora. Xigbar hadn't encountered Sora, but he knew Ven and that's why in that instance she appeared to him as Ven.
Right. It's been some time since I've played Days, forgive me.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Really? I always thought it had something to do with Xion, as Roxas doesn't appear to have the capability to wield two Keyblades until Xion's death, when he goes after Kingdom Hearts.

Xion was an external factor, the trigger. If I remember correctly, the emotional trauma of witnessing Xion perish in his hands was what allowed Roxas to gain access to Ventus' Keyblade, thus enabling him to dual-wield.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It being because of Ventus was only mentioned in an interview, I believe. So it's pretty easy to assume it was because of Xion.

Gram

Banned
Awards
A bit of yes and no:

Q4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?
A: Because he can use both Sora’s and Ventus’ keyblades.

Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus’ as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII once Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield.

[picture: Roxas and Riku fighting]

Roxas awakens his ability to dual-wield with his will to not forget Xion who also wielded a keyblade.
Links: here

Xion awakened Ven's keyblade but her keyblade itself was false:
-- Namine tells Riku that in order for Sora's memories to be restored, both Sora's Nobody and Xion must no longer exist. So he takes it on himself to defeat them, but when he and Roxas fought, was that the first time he had realized that Roxas was that Nobody?

Nomura: Riku only realizes it when Roxas takes off his hood and he can see his face, and he responds to his call. Until then he only half believed. When he first met Xion, he didn't think that she was Sora or Kairi's Nobody, and it was the same with Roxas. When he first saw Roxas, he had no proof of who he was. So that's why he lost to Roxas, he was surprised at him using a real keyblade rather than an imitation like Xion's, and he called out to him. Part of Riku didn't really want to believe that his best friend really had a Nobody.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Xion was an external factor, the trigger. If I remember correctly, the emotional trauma of witnessing Xion perish in his hands was what allowed Roxas to gain access to Ventus' Keyblade, thus enabling him to dual-wield.

Exactly so, and it's not hard to guess why that triggered Ventus's dormant heart to summon its Keyblade after the event.

tumblr_n6iruxeZER1sjwxy4o1_500.png

kh2-acqua-ven.jpg

Spikeyroxas

I know it's been answered buuuuuut.
due to ventus taking refuge in soras heart (BBS) this affects the look of soras nobody to better resemble Ventus.

the opposite / same thing happened when Vanitas was created in BBS.
vantias was born with a mask / no face but when soras heart completed ventus' it also affected Vanitas appearance which is why Vanitas resembled Sora.

morgancb35

I also thought roxas learned to wield two key blades because xion died. But it does make since that he learned from ventus. I don't know... Kinda confusing!

KHfanboi

See, Sora in Kingdom Hearts I had three separate hearts at the same time. Kairi's, Ventus's and Sora's own heart. He, while going into to retrieve Kairi's heart using his keyblade, went into Ventus's heart on accident. His Nobody is based on Ventus's Physical attractions. The reason why Roxas doesn't look like Sora is because he didn't touch his heart when he used his keyblade, he didn't touch what is considered his heart. He must'eve went near Ventus's heart before finding Kairi's. Roxas, therefore took on Ventus's looks and took on Sora's memories and the ability to dual wield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back