• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Release Date + Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Release Date + Trailer!

There's a snippet of Mickey in the RoD. The scene from A Fragmentary Passage. A Fragmentary Passage is still in BBSFM. BBSv2 confirmed. pls

HOLY SHIT THOUGH THAT KH3 TEASER. It's the first thing that's actual plot content that isn't just a synopsis and oh my god I'm excited. Seems like we'll be seeing some flashbacks of Xehanort and Eraqus during their youth. I got a lot of questions about the dialog here.

The dialog just seemed to be what was already revealed in X(Chi), but with new context.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards

Wait, am I not remembering this correctly, or was there a flashback in BbS where we see the older Xehanort give Eraqus that scar? If I'm correct, then how can that be a young Xehanort and young Eraqus conversing? Unless Square simply fucked up.

I don't remember that scene very well; haven't played BbS in a long time.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

What an awesome trailer! Moving, powerful and full of surprises!

Weird that they didn't acknowledge that these are the Final Mixes but they clearly are so no biggie.

- Is that Roxas at 1:50? Was that originally in coded?
- Is the music in the end from the series or a new composition? Anyone know the track?

1 - Yay for dubbed cut-scenes. Although I hope they didn't dub the Lingering Will and that they re-synced the animation to match the English voices.
2 - I have mixed thoughts on the technical side of the remaster
3 - Good that Square got the trailer and release date out of the way. Now I believe we are back on track. Bring on the interviews now!
4 - MY GOD, THE SPOILERS!

Dream Drop Distance snippets you guys.

DREAM. DROP. DISTANCE. SNIPPETS.

I'm highly doubting a remaster, but if my eyes do not deceive me, they remastered those clips of DDD in this trailer. They only last a few seconds, but they definitely look high def to me. What do you think? Recap? Cutscene movie? Or PS4 rerelease?

PSN network, at least at first. Seems like the only logical solution but also very doubtful based on the series' history.

The hair is your hint.

Thank you, Tinny.

Thanks, that makes it easier :)

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

monday guys is only couple days away so let us pray for kh3 info

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Wait, am I not remembering this correctly, or was there a flashback in BbS where we see the older Xehanort give Eraqus that scar? If I'm correct, then how can that be a young Xehanort and young Eraqus conversing? Unless Square simply diddlyed up.

When they were teenagers/young adults, they spoke together, which is that scene at the end of the trailer.

In BBS, Xehanort gives Eraqus that scar in a flashback, but they're still both old.

Lots of time passed between those two encounters.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Wait, am I not remembering this correctly, or was there a flashback in BbS where we see the older Xehanort give Eraqus that scar? If I'm correct, then how can that be a young Xehanort and young Eraqus conversing? Unless Square simply fucked up.

It's probably just a lot of shading in the drawing.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

Oh my God

Voice FM scenes
A release date (though it's so far away~)
AND a teaser about KHIII?

Best trailer of all time. 10/10

These Lost Masters, though. I wonder what that's about.
Maybe I should read the dialogue from KHχ​.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards

When they were teenagers/young adults, they spoke together, which is that scene at the end of the trailer.

In BBS, Xehanort gives Eraqus that scar in a flashback, but they're still both old.

Lots of time passed between those two encounters.

I know, but what I'm saying is, whom we assume is a younger Eraqus has a scar in that sketch, yet he was given the scar when he and Xehanort were much older, so what the hell? Unless I'm just being dumb.

edit: lol actually I am being dumb. I haven't seen Eraqus in a long time and forgot his scar was on his cheek. So I guess it's shading.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Eraqus doesn't have a scar in that sketch. No one's messed up anywhere.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Wait, am I not remembering this correctly, or was there a flashback in BbS where we see the older Xehanort give Eraqus that scar? If I'm correct, then how can that be a young Xehanort and young Eraqus conversing? Unless Square simply diddlyed up.

That did happen, but the sketch doesn't show Eraqus having a scar so it doesn't contradict anything?

- Is that Roxas at 1:50? Was that originally in coded?
- Is the music in the end from the series or a new composition? Anyone know the track?

1: Yes and yes? Roxas was always the final boss in coded and led Sora through the datascape since the start.
2: I can't place it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I know, but what I'm saying is, whom we assume is a younger Eraqus has a scar in that sketch, yet he was given the scar when he and Xehanort were much older, so what the hell? Unless I'm just being dumb.
The only thing that looks like a scar to me is over his nose, but thats just hair.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Microsoft has been more active in these last few months with some Square Enix games. KHIII was shown at a Sony Conference, and Nomura spoke at a Conversation with Creators for the PS4.
Nomura even said that leading up to E3 last year, he didn't know what conference the game will be shown at until that day. It's highly possibly Microsoft will feel like it's their turn to showcase the game.

Never thought about this. Could happen for sure, but I'm going to assume that if it shows up on press conference day, it will be the Sony conference. Because I'm guessing that they'll want to pair up FFXV and KH3 like they did last year, and unless Microsoft got their hands on both new trailers for the press conference (assuming there are any to begin with) then I'd say it's safe to assume that they'll be at Sony's show again.

But, again, I'm not too hopeful for a real, full-fledged trailer for KH3. I mean, this little snippet at the end of 2.5 was already more than I was expecting, honestly.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards

The only thing that looks like a scar to me is over his nose, but thats just hair.

It's probably just a lot of shading in the drawing.

That did happen, but the sketch doesn't show Eraqus having a scar so it doesn't contradict anything?

Eraqus doesn't have a scar in that sketch. No one's messed up anywhere.

Yeah, as I said, I haven't seen Eraqus in a long time and forgot it was on his cheek, not his eye, so I was just being retarded.

lel my memory of KH is all diddlyed up

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Never thought about this. Could happen for sure, but I'm going to assume that if it shows up on press conference day, it will be the Sony conference. Because I'm guessing that they'll want to pair up FFXV and KH3 like they did last year, and unless Microsoft got their hands on both new trailers for the press conference (assuming there are any to begin with) then I'd say it's safe to assume that they'll be at Sony's show again.

But, again, I'm not too hopeful for a real, full-fledged trailer for KH3. I mean, this little snippet at the end of 2.5 was already more than I was expecting, honestly.

i hope you right i want more kh 3 info

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

That was my first thought as well. I don't recall that piece of music at the end. And I've listened to the entire Kingdom Hearts discography multiple times through, so unless my memory is rusty, it's a new track.

The hype is real.

EDIT: Just listened to the ending again to be sure. I'm almost positive it's a new song. Someone feel free to tell me otherwise though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Yay for triangles

Bpa8hzDCUAEHbTj.jpg

nevershoutalex

they have it to pre order the game but does it not come with any extra edition or anything? does anyone know? cause it cost 39.99 like 1.5 but i remember when 1.5 came out that it came with something but the 2.5 pre order doesn't come with nothing extra :|

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

That was my first thought as well. I don't recall that piece of music at the end. And I've listened to the entire Kingdom Hearts discography multiple times through, so unless my memory is rusty, it's a new track.

The hype is real.

EDIT: Just listened to the ending again to be sure. I'm almost positive it's a new song. Someone feel free to tell me otherwise though.

I've never heard that before. It has elements from Dearly Beloved at the beginning, but yeah, it's a new piece alright.

Yay for triangles

That's Aerial Slam, right? I might be wrong, but if I remember correctly it has always been triangle. There are other commands with random button input, though, but I don't think Aerial Slam is one of them.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

they have it to pre order the game but does it not come with any extra edition or anything? does anyone know? cause it cost 39.99 like 1.5 but i remember when 1.5 came out that it came with something but the 2.5 pre order doesn't come with nothing extra :|

They haven't announced any limited edition yet. You're going to have to give it some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back