• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Release Date + Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Re: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Release Date + Trailer!

I just realized that we see Armor of the Master in the trailer.

Which is a Mirage Arena battle.

MIRAGE ARENA CONFIRMED

now let's get some online play with that

Having Mirage Arena doesn't necessarily mean there is multiplayer though. They could easily make it single-player. I just find it suspicious that they wouldn't have mentioned it yet. :\

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

They did say they were going to touch up 2.5 more than they did 1.5 (hopefully that means making those end credit scenes into HD because god those character models looked so bad).

And those models you're talking about, is that in reference to Aqua in the Realm of Darkness? Iirc, that was pre-rendered so I don't know if they can do anything about that.

Yes, the bit with the teardrop.

Funny you should mention that cause I just found this today.

(I was looking for a way to extract the CGI cutscenes from Birth By Sleep.)

I'm glad that you have been able to rip the FMVs. I believe that Aqua's ending was changed from a FMV in the Japanese version to being rendered in real-time in subsequent releases.

No, Aqua's ending can be extracted as well, I've done it. =]
If I remember correctly, I got probably around 10 PMFs from the ISO. Using most of the methods I found, the files would be corrupted when I converted them to a playable format, Aqua's Ending being one of them. I can't recall exactly what tool I used in the end--I think maybe PMF2MP4 (which I can upload, if you'd like)--but it's in there & it's possible.

It was like a year+ ago by now, but I believe I scanned the IMG file from the ISO with ISOtoPMF.

Edit: Oh, and just to note, I was working off of the Japanese version of BBS. Aqua's Ending may not be pre-rendered in the English version, for some reason.

I don't know which is correct, I just found it interesting.

Narxus

FINALLY!!! hehehehehehehehehehehehe *explodes from excitement*

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

BGVRDHIOJSUJPOMVEHUBOYGBHKITCVHUTHEFINALMIXSCENESAREDUBBED!!

The bit at the end with Xehanort and Eraqus. I wonder how much the "lost masters" will play a role in III?

To much news.... To much excitement... So tired now...

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Just something interesting. In the English trailer, you can hear Terra's Japanese voice during the gameplay montage.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I don't want to read the past 15 pages if someone answered it already, but does anyone know if it was Meghan or Tiffany Snow in the extra Final Mix scenes?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I don't want to read the past 15 pages if someone answered it already, but does anyone know if it was Meghan or Tiffany Snow in the extra Final Mix scenes?

It's Meghan.

25 character limit.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I believe it has to be Meaghan Martin. Brittany Snow hasn't voiced Namine for almost a decade now, the role has essentially been given to Meaghan. I don't think they would bring back someone who hasn't worked with them for that long a period of time...

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I believe it has to be Meaghan Martin. Brittany Snow hasn't voiced Namine for almost a decade now, the role has essentially been given to Meaghan. I don't think they would bring back someone who hasn't worked with them for that long a period of time...

So I guess this means they're re-dubbing Namine in this game like they did in 358's remaster with DiZ. Though I do prefer Snow in KH2, I'd rather hear the silent scenes voiced anyway.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Nice trailer. I love the III logo, too. Only too bad 2.5 won't be out until December.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Nice trailer. I love the III logo, too. Only too bad 2.5 won't be out until December.

At least the wait between Japanese release and NA is shorter than it was with 1.5.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

tiffanysnow_1325543390_27.jpg

Xagzan

Awards

On the other hand, they didn't redub Billy Zane (wisely)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Because there were no new lines by Ansem SoD in KHFM. And the new cutscenes were all unvoiced (save for Xemnas' pre-battle scene, but even then it only used Sora's and Goofy's archived voice clips), so there was no need for that.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

On the other hand, they didn't redub Billy Zane (wisely)

True. And even though the voice acting would be more consistent with Meghan in all entries, Brittany Snow was much better, I'd hate to lose her voice from KH2.

Xagzan

Awards

Because there were no new lines by Ansem SoD in KHFM. And the new cutscenes were all unvoiced (save for Xemnas' pre-battle scene, but even then it only used Sora's and Goofy's archived voice clips), so there was no need for that.

And how many new lines does Namine have in FM2? Isn't it just a couple from that one scene? No reason to redub absolutely everything else if that's the case.

True. And even though the voice acting would be more consistent with Meghan in all entries, Brittany Snow was much better, I'd hate to lose her voice from KH2.

The localization team makes me sad sometimes :(

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

And how many new lines does Namine have in FM2? Isn't it just a couple from that one scene? No reason to redub absolutely everything else if that's the case.

Consistency purposes. The difference between the performances two voice actors might be noticeable and I imagine they have been thinking that it would be strange to hear two distinct voices coming from a single character.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

Consistency purposes. The difference between the performances two voice actors might be noticeable and I imagine they have been thinking that it would be strange to hear two distinct voices coming from a single character.

Well it is part Disney so inconsistency in voice acting would not be a first.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Hmm, probably I should have appended "in a single game" at the very end of my sentence in the last post.

Inconsistencies between games and movies are probably more readily accepted, since voices, especially children's, are dynamic and change over time (even adults' do, too, when it's been too long. Remember Xaldin in Days movie? He sounded like a chain smoker while 3 years prior he sounded just fine as Dilan). But I don't think they would sit well with inconsistencies within one game, otherwise they would have left Sir Lee's part on DiZ in Days movie as it was and have Burton record only the new lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back