• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Zack?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
I have a small question about the fate of Zack Fair. We know that Kingdom Hearts is a complete separate entity to he FF canon but what happened to Zack in the credits of birth by sleep.

We see a black feather land near him which is obviously sephiroth but leaves an ambiguous message behind. Was zack killed by him because this could be plausible considering we didn't see him in later games though im pretty sure that its just the fact that crisis core came out after Kingdom hearts one and two.

It seems that they could bring Zack back for 3 and make some excuse for his disappearance from Olympus Colosseum but im just wondering if i missed anything.

Seriously waiting for the scene when Zack asks Aqua on that date when he has caught up in age due to the realm of darkness effects on aqua. Sorry Aqua but Zack has caught up in age. 10 years different? I think not!

Anyway, There is probably a logical explanation because everyone's speculation here and evidence to support theories are out of this world on this forum, so could some one give some sort of closure?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Unfortunately it's not said what happens to Zack. I'd like to see him return though. (Aqua totally owes him a date~)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If I had to take a guess, I'd say he was kidnapped by Sephiroth(or maybe even Genesis) for some unknown reason. Assuming that they will bring back the Cloud and Sephiroth subplot for KH3, I hope Zack returns as well so they can elaborate on how and why he disappeared.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
If I had to take a guess, I'd say he was kidnapped by Sephiroth(or maybe even Genesis) for some unknown reason. Assuming that they will bring back the Cloud and Sephiroth subplot for KH3, I hope Zack returns as well so they can elaborate on how and why he disappeared.

Yeah it seems that Sephiroth and cloud has some loose ends that need to be tied up and now with Zack on the scene i'm sure that tetsuya will find a way to integrate him with the story kinda like they did with advent children cept he's not dead. Having zack and Cloud interact will have the FF7 Fanboys cheering

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It was totally Gack-uh, I mean Genesis's feather! I mean, yeah it was probably Sephiroth, but since Genesis has a black wing, too, there is the small possibility it was actually him.
Sadly, we my never know what happened to Zack. I really hope he appears in III so we find out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I really doubt he'll try to ask Aqua out on a date again, especially if he's met Aerith in KH3 and is already trying to build her wagons of mass destruction 8D

Anyways, the whole Zack-Cloud-Sephiroth+Aerith-Tifa storyline needs resolution. There is no proof of anything that could help us understand what happened to him, and I don't want to jump to conclusions over the meaning of the black feather. It could have been Sephiroth or Genesis (please be Sephiroth) and why Zack seemed so frightened by it is anybody's guess.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I really doubt he'll try to ask Aqua out on a date again, especially if he's met Aerith in KH3 and is already trying to build her wagons of mass destruction 8D
But what if it was Cloud that broke her wagon instead in the KH-verse? ouo

Antar

Awards
I really hope it ends up that Sephiroth did kill Zack. It would really explain how Zack disappears but Sephiroth appears as an optional boss in the same world. As cool as Zack is, I think that would really fit him since he died an emotional death in Crisis Core (even though it wasn't by Sephiroth).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I really hope it ends up that Sephiroth did kill Zack. It would really explain how Zack disappears but Sephiroth appears as an optional boss in the same world. As cool as Zack is, I think that would really fit him since he died an emotional death in Crisis Core (even though it wasn't by Sephiroth).

I doubt he is dead. There is still so little we know about him and his relationship with Sephiroth. It would seem kind of odd to just kill him off like that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Except that defies the very nature of what Kingdom Hearts is doing for FF characters. The fact he is a beloved FF character and the idea that Kingdom Hearts is a series that gives a new life for FF character should give us the chance to see him alive. Aerith lives, Tidus isn't a dream, Vivi is just a regular kid, and Squall is nice, why shouldn't Zack get a chance for a change in his role in KH?

Gram

Banned
Awards
If I don't get a Zack-Cloud-Aerith reunion scene in KH3 after all this talk I will forever be disappoint. D8 I blame you guys

The Toketsukage

There's also Tifa to consider. We don't know what her connection to Cloud and Sephiroth are exactly in the KH series. Yo, what if Sephiroth is a Xehanort vessel and was working for Xehanort back in BBS and kidnapped Zack so he could turn him into a vessel too. And since then Sephiroth has been working to make Cloud a vessel. Now while extremely unlikely, that would be an interesting plot twist lol.

It's clear though that Sephiroth is tied somehow to Zack, as Nomura confirmed that the hero Zack was thinking of in BBS is Sephiroth.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Since Nomura went out of his way to make the Cloud/Sephiroth/Tifa backstory vague, I bet that it will never be clarified ever.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Since Nomura went out of his way to make the Cloud/Sephiroth/Tifa backstory vague, I bet that it will never be clarified ever.

Well, one of Nomura's favorite things is letting fans make their own assumptions. It wouldn't be surprising if he didn't clarify.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Tbh I've come to never expect Nomura to clarify things.

dgdx218

There's also Tifa to consider. We don't know what her connection to Cloud and Sephiroth are exactly in the KH series. Yo, what if Sephiroth is a Xehanort vessel and was working for Xehanort back in BBS and kidnapped Zack so he could turn him into a vessel too. And since then Sephiroth has been working to make Cloud a vessel. Now while extremely unlikely, that would be an interesting plot twist lol.

It's clear though that Sephiroth is tied somehow to Zack, as Nomura confirmed that the hero Zack was thinking of in BBS is Sephiroth.

I doubt it since the FF characters usually have little to no impact on the on the overall plot of KH. When you think about it the only characters who can wield a keyblade are characters that are original to KH (with the exceptions being Mickey and Yen Sid).

morgancb35

I bet hades got him in the underworld and he will make an appearance in kh3. Hopefully! I really liked him in bbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back