• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sword Art Online: Recurrence/Rebirth (OOC & Sign-Ups)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Welcome To
Sword Art Online
Recurrence/Rebirth

November 6, 2022
This was the day that it all began. The company Argus released 10,000 copies of the first VRMMO, Sword Art Online, to the public of Japan. The game used the same company's FullDive head equipment, known as NerveGear, to allow the players to have full game immersion and control every movement and breath their character would take. It uses microwave transceivers to calibrate to the characters body and allow each of the five senses to be fully intact while in the world of Sword Art Online (known as: Aincrad). These waves are also capable of reading and reproducing what the players face looks like, and keeps their physical bodies out of the loop when playing the game.

On launch day, the 10,000 players within the game were confronted by the games development director, Kayaba Akihiko, who was also the designer of the NerveGear. He informed them that they would not be permitted to log out unless they were able to clear the 100th floor of the game and defeat the final boss. To make matters worse, it was revealed that the microwaves within the NerveGear helmets were capable of frying a players brain, and were rigged to do so if a player so much as died within the game. This is what turned Sword Art Online into the Death Game: If you died in the game, you died in real life.

2 Years Later
The players dwindled from 10,000 to about 6,000. The players began preparations for the boss of the 75th floor; they were three-fourths of the way home. It was on this floor that the Death Game reached it's climax though. A player known as Kirito had figured out the true identity of one of the players' greatest allies: Heathcliff. A high-leveled player who led the game's most powerful guild in the fight for freedom, Heathcliff had actually been Kayaba Akihiko all along. He informed the players that his plans were to act as the 100th floor's final boss, but in the current light of events began the battle early. Kirito was able to to defeat Kayaba Akihiko, and thus freed most of Sword Art Online's remaining players into the world.

300 players weren't able to wake up though. They ended up trapped in a game called ALfheim Online, which used the same data and servers as Sword Art Online. Kirito jumped into the game, and he managed to figure out that there was yet another mastermind behind these events. He managed to expose the mastermind and free the remaining players.

Through a series of events, the World Seed was released to the public, a program package allowing anybody to create their own VRMMO. The games created using this program are all connected, thus players can transfer their characters from one game to the next.

The Year is Now 2034
VRMMO's are still as popular as ever, with players creating new games with the World Seed all the time. In order to maintain some semblance of order and structure, a group known as The Council now watches over the servers and games. The Council has recently decided to reopen the original Aincrad to host a tournament for players to participate in, but are removing all of the original player data of those participating out of respect for the 10,000 players involved in the original incident.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Regarding the Roleplay
The original premise of this Roleplay was created and written by Lone. He obviously put a lot of thought and time into creating it, and he deserves recognition for that. We will be using his original template just so that old members and new members alike will all be creating their characters using pretty much the same base-template.

The Roleplay seemed to die out after a while due to people becoming very busy and inactive, but was slowly revived by a few of us after some time. With the consent of those who remained and permission from the section moderators, it was decided that I could take over the Roleplay so that we could have general figurehead to give the story direction and have control of the sign-ups thread.

I have already come up with a general story direction and some major plot points for us, so at no point should we just become "stuck" without the original creator of the RP. I don't have any knowledge of where Lone planned on taking this or any laid out events he may have thought up, so I worked with what he had given us and the story we had produced so far.

The new OOC & Sign-Ups thread is pretty self-explanatory, but I do feel it is worth mentioning how the RP will progress in the new IC thread. To put it simply, we are going to proceed as planned. I don't see the purpose in all of us restarting when we already have our characters created and have given each of them their own story direction. So, for those of us carrying over from the old RP, we will simply pick up where we left off. For any new members, you'll just be jumping in as you would when joining any other RP a little late in the game.

Here is a link to the original OOC & Sign-Ups thread, and here is a link to all of the previous posts in the original IC thread. Considering there are only 4 of us remaining from the original, and 3 of which are in a party together, newer members of this Roleplay probably won't have to worry so much about the original story posts unless they just want to see the origins of each of us that are starting out.

Rules and Information
The rules and info are generally the same as what Lone had laid out for us, so I will briefly go over them:

1. This Roleplay has two settings, an in-game setting and a real-life setting. In-game will be the main setting where most events unfold, but real-life will come about every now and then.

2. Battles: When fighting another player, it will be turn-based so that you can react to each other. If facing an NPC though, feel free to go all-out.

3. The world of Sword Art Online does not have magic such as thunder spells or curative spells. It more simply only has 'Sword Skills' and 'Passive Skills'. Lone provided these resources for both to use when filling out your template: Sword Skills ; Passive Skills

4. Romance is allowed. I think it goes without saying that it must be PG-13 and under. You will get only one warning if you slip up, if it happens again you will be taken out of the RP and reported.

5. Another obvious one, no God-Modding or all-powerful-beings. That just wouldn't be any fun.

6. Enemies: There wasn't a huge focus on them in the anime. Feel free to create each enemy you fight and give them special fighting abilities. As far as bosses are concerned, I am totally open to you guys sending me boss ideas that you come up with to use on the coming floors. If nobody comes up with anything, then I will create them myself. Note: I have already determined the boss of the 100th floor.

7. You can pretty much use any weapon you want aside from magical weapons or guns. Swords, spears, maces, all fair game.

8. I'm not going to be too strict about post length. If two players are fighting each other, then obviously it may be harder to get a longer post in due to having to react to each others blows and whatnot. Sometimes a story may call for a lengthier post than usual, as long as it doesn't get out of hand it's okay, use your best judgement.

9. Canon characters are forbidden: I don't want anybody coming in here and RPing as Kirito or Asuna. I think it is much better for everybody when we all have non-canon characters to tell new stories and keep from focusing too much on yesterday's heroes. Canon characters may be brought up in conversation, but I don't want them included in the story unless you run your idea past me first.

10. Players can freely move between cleared floors.

11. Try to stay active and keep us updated in the OOC thread. I know what it is like to get busy, and that is okay. Real life is more important than the Roleplay, be it school, work, or family matters. But if you are going to be gone for a long period of time, you need to let everybody know so that we can proceed accordingly.

12. I'm gonna take this from Lone and ask that you include "Remembering 10,000" in your template as proof that you've read through all of this and that you're serious about the Roleplay.

Other than that, everybody do your best to win the tournament and let's all have fun this Roleplay together!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The Players:
Musashi/Max
Crod/LatinoHeat90
Viola/CD-Man2021
Kali/Kiba
Maya/Roxie1563
Renegade/Shinra
Kaz/Sugar Lips

Next Floor Boss:
Floor 10
Floor 20
Floor 30

Floor 40
Floor 50
Floor 60
Floor 70
Floor 80
Floor 90
Floor 100

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
I really wanted to have the first post of our brand new thread up today, but I had school and work all day today and my brain is fried. It'll be up tomorrow a little after I get off of work (around 4).

I'm excited to get this going again guys!

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Hey, as I already told Max that I'm joining S.A.O Rec/Rebirth, so I'm going to work up a template, but I have some question if anyone is willing to answer: On the real world profile thing, does that means to use the real Real stuff or is it just for this RP? I'm not exactly comfortable using that for here.

I sounded like an idiot when typing this, huh? *hand in shame* I hope my question were easy to understand.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Got my first post in. Hopefully we can jump back to the game when we start to get some steam going.

Yeah, we'll be back in the game soon enough. We just need to take care of a little more of this real world stuff and we'll be golden.

Hey, as I already told Max that I'm joining S.A.O Rec/Rebirth, so I'm going to work up a template, but I have some question if anyone is willing to answer: On the real world profile thing, does that means to use the real Real stuff or is it just for this RP? I'm not exactly comfortable using that for here.

I sounded like an idiot when typing this, huh? *hand in shame* I hope my question were easy to understand.

If you're asking if you're required to use real life information, then the answer is no. Basically you will be creating a character however you wish, and then creating the in-game character that "they" would create.

God, I would hope we weren't using real-life information, or else everything i knew about CD-Man would suddenly become very confusing.

Roxie1563

Awards
Yeah, we'll be back in the game soon enough. We just need to take care of a little more of this real world stuff and we'll be golden.

If you're asking if you're required to use real life information, then the answer is no. Basically you will be creating a character however you wish, and then creating the in-game character that "they" would create.

God, I would hope we weren't using real-life information, or else everything i knew about CD-Man would suddenly become very confusing.

*giggling at Max for freaking out* Sorry, but you were kind of funny there even if it wasn't to be like that.

But thank you two for helping! :D I think I got it.. expect my temp in a few days or so, mkay? ^_^

Max

Staff member
Awards
Yep, I'll be looking forward to seeing what kind of character you create!

Roxie1563

Awards
Yep, I'll be looking forward to seeing what kind of character you create!

Thanks! :D Oh, and I read your posts; I actually enjoyed it all of them.

I'm so going to have some fun with this and you all! ^_^

Max

Staff member
Awards
Thanks! :D Oh, and I read your posts; I actually enjoyed it all of them.

I'm so going to have some fun with this and you all! ^_^

I'm glad you liked them! You'll probably fit right in with the group too, especially if you like what you've seen so far.

@CD-Man: I forgot to mention, I love all of the references to Crystal, I eat that stuff right up.

I have some big plans for things to come in this Roleplay now. With each passing day the details become clearer and I wish I could just tell everybody what's going to happen! I hope you guys really enjoy everything to come!

Max

Staff member
Awards
Who's Crystal? There's only Zoey and her roommate/best friend who happens to play piano and have purple eyes.

:3

Who also mentioned a "certain waiter". I guess it's just my imagination *whistles*

Roxie1563

Awards
I'm glad you liked them! You'll probably fit right in with the group too, especially if you like what you've seen so far.

@CD-Man: I forgot to mention, I love all of the references to Crystal, I eat that stuff right up.

I have some big plans for things to come in this Roleplay now. With each passing day the details become clearer and I wish I could just tell everybody what's going to happen! I hope you guys really enjoy everything to come!

Sounds like you have some huge ideas for this RP, huh, Max? ;3

@CD-Man: I totally recognized the references to Crystal from Persona: Frozen.. At least I think it was from Persona.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Sounds like you have some huge ideas for this RP, huh, Max? ;3

@CD-Man: I totally recognized the references to Crystal from Persona: Frozen.. At least I think it was from Persona.

I do, I really do. One of them could possibly come up in the near future too depending on how some things go.

Also, you can't ask CD questions like that straight up, he will never acknowledge it. I can see his response right now: "Acknowledge what? I don't know what you guys are talking about."

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Acknowledge what? I don't know what you guys are talking about.

srs: Yeah, I threw her in for giggles. I like how it's working out so far too.

Roxie1563

Awards
I do, I really do. One of them could possibly come up in the near future too depending on how some things go.

Also, you can't ask CD questions like that straight up, he will never acknowledge it. I can see his response right now: "Acknowledge what? I don't know what you guys are talking about."

Cool. :D Oh, right: on the sword and passive skills, I'm just kinda confused on it. Can you explain it in detail? I know I read them, but I'm just having some problem understanding it. :/ Maybe this is just different from what I usually do in other RPs.

And you two are fun to watch.. Seriously, you crack me up and that's good. ^_^ Jokers like that is much needed.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Sword skills would be any attacking skill you would have while passive skills are anything else that would help your character. Like the Hiding Skill would be a passive skill because it isn't focused on combat, but you can use it to hide yourself from enemies. Max might be able to describe it better though.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Edit: CD-Man beat me, but I'll leave my explanation up anyway.

@CD: I like how it's working out so far too, Zoey and her "roommate" play off of each other very well.

@Roxie: The sword skills, such as fell crescent, howling octave, etc. are like your special attacks, kind of like lightning storm or precision on infamous. They are limited in use, unlike normal attacks, but give you the upper hand.

Passive skills, such as searching, hiding, and acrobatics, are kind of like background skills. Searching would allow you to find hiding players/monsters, hiding helps you to be undetectable to other players (unless they have something like searching), and acrobatics allows you to jump higher and maneuver in the air more easily.

Another example is like on Kingdom Hearts. Sora can have double jump and scan set as abilities, and they are just there. But if you want to use a skill like strike raid or ars aracanum, it will cost you mp.

Roxie1563

Awards
Edit: CD-Man beat me, but I'll leave my explanation up anyway.

@CD: I like how it's working out so far too, Zoey and her "roommate" play off of each other very well.

@Roxie: The sword skills, such as fell crescent, howling octave, etc. are like your special attacks, kind of like lightning storm or precision on infamous. They are limited in use, unlike normal attacks, but give you the upper hand.

Passive skills, such as searching, hiding, and acrobatics, are kind of like background skills. Searching would allow you to find hiding players/monsters, hiding helps you to be undetectable to other players (unless they have something like searching), and acrobatics allows you to jump higher and maneuver in the air more easily.

Another example is like on Kingdom Hearts. Sora can have double jump and scan set as abilities, and they are just there. But if you want to use a skill like strike raid or ars aracanum, it will cost you mp.

Ooh, I get it now. ^_^ Thanks for using other games for references. Passive skills are just there while sword skills requires energy or magic point.

I think I have some things in mind for my character now. I feel like I'm being such a pest for asking those questions.. T_T

Back