• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did you fall in love with Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Mario64

(Have I really not posted here?...Coulda sworn--Ah well. Story time!)

My introduction to the series is actually a little unorthodox. If I recall, I was...I dunno...14-ish? at the time and I was at my cousin's house watching him play KH2. Being a Disneyholic as a child I was instantly fascinated by how the Disney characters interacted with the "Pokemon-ish (I didn't know what anime was at the time)" characters, so I wanted to get involved with the series. The one flaw was that KH2 was obviously on the PS2; which I lacked. With that knowledge in mind, I started playing Chain of Memories on the GBA...That was a mistake.

While the gameplay itself wasn't bad, I found myself completely lost in the plot, so I changed course and bought a PS2. I started playing KH2, just as planned, saw that there was more to it than Disney, found myself getting hooked on the plot and characters (Axel especially); and the rest was history.

Moondere

I was about 12 when I got my first play station 2. I was a fan of ps1 so of course I had to get a ps2 as well xD and was just dying to play some new games on it. I asked my dad to take me to the video store cause I knew they like rented games there and as I scanned the many many games I saw something called kingdom hearts with like some anime characters on the front but then "wait..is that Donald?! and goofy?! WHAT?! I love Disney!" I picked it up and looked at the back seeing "Jack skeleton!, Genie!, Ursala! Jafar..", etc xD Well of course~ I was sold! I took it home and played it not only falling in love with it because of Disney but also because of the characters and the plot. It's amazing! But then it didn't just end there! Soon I buy Chain of memories for game boy. Then a big one, KH2 released, and that became my favorite KH game of all time! Later on though they release a RE chain of memories for ps2! However again, it doesn't stop! I buy Recoded for DS and soon 368-2 days for DS! Birth By Sleep for PSP! Then Dream Drop Distance for 3DS and omg, what?! They are releasing the remix versions of KH and KH2 for ps3?! It's like a dream come true! Now I have KH 1.5, and you can bet I'm getting 2.5 as well! xD Then, as if my heart can take anymore, there will be KH3 for ps4?!!!... -heart attack- <3

Rael_Oblivion

I actually didn't fall in love with Kingdom Hearts the first time I saw it, but the second. The first time I saw it, I was at the store with my family getting a ps2. While I was browsing other games, my dad saw it and picked up the strategy guide to show it to me. I opened to a random page and it talked Sora reuniting with Riku in Traverse Town. That scene didn't grab my attention, and since I was on a limited game budget, I opted not to buy it. Then I forgot about it until I got it the next Christmas and fell in love when I played it.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I saw an ad on a Vhs tape of a Disney movie and was extremely interested. I bought two PlayStation magazines which came with demo discs. Both of which had a making of video on them.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
That KH1 commercial sure was neat. It was just like LOOK! DISNEY! DISNEY! DISNEY! DIDNEY WORL! DIDNEY WORL! They weren't subtle about it at all. And I got so excited.

Memory_Keeper

Awards
I remember being in 4th or 5th grade and hearing Simple and Clean on the tv and just losing my shit over it. It was so beautiful XD So I started asking around if anyone had heard of it and this girl from my class (who happens to be one of my oldest friends now) started bragging about how she had the game. I begged her to at least let me hear the song, calling after school to grovel some more. She finally grew tired of me asking and flat out lied that the game didn't have the song on it and I was so disappointed. I asked for a PS2 for Christmas and eventually got KHI. I was ecstatic but took FOREVER beating it (it was the first RPG I ever played, so the idea of leveling up before a boss battle didn't occur to me).

I waited forever for KHII and it was right around the time we were forced to live at our family friend's house because we lost our home to Hurricane Katrina. It was a devastating loss. I can remember coming to this website and reading for hours theories about BHK and the cloaked unknowns. Eventually my mom got me another PS2 and KHII was finally released. As lame as it sounds, the game brought me major happiness during some depressing times. At 13, I had lost all my worldly possession and being that young, that was a pretty big deal. Sometime after all the side games came out, I had lost interest for a hot minute. It was around the time DDD came out that I finally bought a 3DS and became obsessed all over again.

Last edited:

GummiBear64

After seeing it in a shop, and being the Disney fan I was at the time, I asked my dad to buy it for me, which he did. Then I learnt that KHII came out so I had been looking for it forever. Finally found it after a few years.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I used to play CoM on my GBA and didn't understand a darn thing. I always chose Agrabah first and I hated it every time. My sister wanted KH2 when it came out, so we went to GameStop. They gave us the KH1 disc by mistake, and she realized that after about 10mins of play (we knew pretty much ZIP about the series). After she returned it, I became obsessed with getting it.

So KH? It was almost "the game that never was," for me.

kh is ba

I had my friend over when we were like 12 or 13 back in 2003 or 2004 and he brought over this game, Kingdom Hearts. I never really heard of it, but we played it for a while and he decided he didn't like it so I asked if I could borrow it for a while and beat it. I got to the final world against Chernabog and for some reason never played because I couldn't beat him at the time. Probably a year went by and I bought the game myself and played it as long as I could til I beat it. Then I probably beat it a few more times before KH2 came out and I played that all night on the release day. I've beaten them both probably a dozen times total and have also played through CoM/Re:CoM once each, 3D once, and BBS 4 times. Even though I'm 22 years old, I still play KH1 and 2 at least once a year all the way through, if not twice a year.

TellahForKH3

I played 1 at a friends house a few years back, played Re: COM and 2 recently at a cousin's house.

Toolazy

I fell in love with kingdom hearts because I was kind of already a square fan at the time. But the christmas of 2004 I got it along with 3 other games. But because kingdom hearts looked the most intresting I played it. And was hooked on the series since.

TerraTF

When I was about 10 or 11 my stepbrother began playing the original KH1 and KH2 on his PS2. At the time I only had a Gamecube and various other Nintendo devices at my house. I played KH1 slightly back then. My first ever Kingdom Hearts game that I beat was 358/2 Days. That game had got me interested in the lore of the series. A friend of mine was also getting into Kingdom Hearts at around the same time I was and he had a PS2 so he ended up buying KH1 and KH2. I played just about to the Ansem fight in KH1 and in KH2 the last I remember I had just defeated Demyx. Now in July of 2014 my most played game in the series is Birth By Sleep with 3 complete playthroughs of the 3 main characters stories. I also plan on having KHFM as my first Platinum on my PS3.

Kh831

Well my Brother had the First game I found it fun I was about 5 or 6 at the time I Lost it soon after but then at 7 I got a ps2 and Bought the New Kingdom Hearts 2 thinking it was one and grew to the the series more then it became a part of my life and I would get every game that would come out ( except BBS). no psp :(

BlueKey777

Banned
My brother kept pestering me to play it so we could talk about it. By the time I beat Olympus coliseum I was Hooked :)

KeySpyMaster

Awards
Website
www.khdatabase.com
Kingdom Hearts II, that's the game that started it all. We rented it at my brother's request from Blockbuster, and we got to Disney Castle when we had to return it. But having watched shows like Disney's House of Mouse as a kid, and having been deprived of said shows since I was a kid ('cuz we moved), I came to love the game a lot, and looked forward to getting my hands on it again. It practically became a second childhood (even though I was still a child). And since we got it and finished the first three games, I've been constantly watching and looking for ways to get my hands on the games. Now that all my PS2 games are dead, the HD ReMIXes are, like, my last hope.

Sorry, I'll only tell you that I live in Kentucky~
My step-father was fighting Ansem when I walked in on him playing it. At the time I was 7 and I asked if I could play. It wasn't until I was in the 3rd grade that I really started playing it. For being in my school play, my parents bought me II and before that I got chain of memories for the gameboy advanced. Honestly from there it all fell into place and I became addicted, looking into the story and trying to understand it better! XD Plus, I really really loved Disney when I was little too. :3

reynaldocanom

Funny story really. I was 11 years old and I had saved up 20 dlls to buy a game so they took me to KB toys to choose. I had wanted a copy of GTA vice city because I used to play it at a friend's house. However, my incredibly cool mother didn't let me buy it because she wanted me to buy something my little brother, a 6 year old at that time, could play as well. I made a whole scene about it and grabbed the first most stupid looking game I could see and said, ''Here cry baby, you can play with mickey mouse all you want.''

.... yup, thanks mom!

Kh831

It is so great how we are all connected by one great franchise Kingdom Hearts!! :) Also great job for those who have shared their story they are al great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back