• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you feel about time travel?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
voice coming from the chamber of repose that Xemnas was talking to was in fact YX/Anti-Namine having a meeting with Ansem and Xemnas.

This idea, I like it ~

TwoTailedMoon

Question!

I'm sorry if it's been answered already. I've been reading through the forum, but I can't seem to find anything definitive.

How is YX even able to time travel at all?

Isn't one of the rules that you can't take your physical form with you? He sure seemed like a physical force to me.

Also, I understand that he's using his powers to act as a portal for all the rest of the Xeanort vessels.

Thank you for your wisdom ; - ;

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Question!

I'm sorry if it's been answered already. I've been reading through the forum, but I can't seem to find anything definitive.

How is YX even able to time travel at all?

Isn't one of the rules that you can't take your physical form with you? He sure seemed like a physical force to me.

Also, I understand that he's using his powers to act as a portal for all the rest of the Xeanort vessels.

Thank you for your wisdom ; - ;

Young Xehanort can time travel because Ansem, Seeker of Darkness gave him that power when he traveled back in time to meet YX.
Ansem SoD already discarded his body when the split between Ansem and Xemnas happened and since they are all "Xehanort" to an extent, Ansem giving up his body counts for all Xehanorts.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Not only that but Ansem himself gained it from MX.

— What about Xemnas and Ansem, essentially they weren’t inside anyone, was it due to circumstances of the worlds of sleep?

Nomura: First off, when Young Xehanort made contact with the Brown Robed Figure, that is to say, the Xehanort who called himself Ansem, his abilities were transferred to him. As a result of Master Xehanort tossing his physical body, he was able to exceed time, and this power was carried into the Brown Robed Figure. Thus when Young Xehanort made contact with him, he gained this power. Possessing this power. Young Xehanort functioned as a “portal”, summoning Xemnas and Ansem each time they appeared. That’s why Young Xehanort was there whenever they appeared. Additionally, when Sora and Riku dropped into the worlds of sleep, simultaneously Young Xehanort himself goes into the world of sleep.

MX giving up his old man body was made everything possible.

TwoTailedMoon

So essentially, the 'leaving your body behind' rule doesn't count for YX?

Even though he was 'granted' the power of time travel, he doesn't have to follow the laws of time travel?

If that's the case, why would Nomura make that rule at all? It's not like anyone else is capable of time travel at this point.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
The rules were perfectly followed, a body was discarded, and time travel was gained. It's just that because all of them are technically Xehanort they all share the power as well.

Think of it as sharing essentially.

MX gains the power by ditching his body which Ansem inherits because he is Xehanort's heartless.
This is what allow vessels harboring his heart also gain it because they are technically him to some degree which is how Ansem gave it to YX.

It's the same thing as what you saw with the keyblade. Young Xehanort doesn't have a keyblade yet himself because he's Xehanort that has yet to gain one BUT because MX is the Xehanort that has one it allows him to gain access to MX's keyblade when MX is controlling his mind.

They're all basically sharing whatever MX has gained. Time Travel, his keyblade, his heart, it's all shared.

Last edited:

Rolands

It's ridiculous. The only plot element in Kingdom Hearts that I think is too convoluted, not because it was explained poorly, but simply because it exists.

Samhain

Bronze Member
hate/hated it

you KNOW they're running out of ideas when they throw out that ridiculous time travel rubbish. the story was confusing enough, but they just made it x10. I don't even follow KH as much as I would like too anymore. I still want to buy KH 2.5 and definitely KH III but man...it's getting too complex now and the creator retcons things continuously so I just stopped debating on here because he kept making up BS as he went along. and i'm definitely not buying KH after the Xehanort Saga...that's just milking it.

the time travel whole idea is ridiculous. it doesn't work, why oh why did they influence that to kingdom hearts?

Zebedy

Awards
I don't mind it, but I definitely think it was explained poorly and they should've taken way more care to make sure the players understood what was happening. Instead it feels more like they're mocking the player, like "oh, hah, you didn't see this great twist coming? sucks to be you". Like you could see Nomura just getting giddy at how his "twist" will confuse the players (which is literally what he did in the post-release interview). I feel like Nomura understands how it works, but that something is missing in the game's explanation that makes it really clear to the player. Especially when they get into the DI part of it.

Something that probably would have helped would've been actually depicting Sora and Riku time travelling in the beginning, with a more clear explanation of how it works, instead of them starting all in media res with it and never actually showing us.

WaveK89

So everything that has happened in perspective Xehanort between when YX gains time travel to MX's reunion (including when Riku was possessed) would be etched in YX's heart as his appointed path when he returns to his own time. In other words, history is set in stone and this solidifies everyone's destiny?

Key factors such as the Recusant Sigil, Aqua's magic on Kairi, Terra's encounter with Riku, etc were merely identifiable clues for Xehanort which would undoubtedly guide him. It all kind of seems redundant at this point because the path was already set despite him not having the actual knowledge of his future.

Gram

Banned
Awards
So everything that has happened in perspective Xehanort between when YX gains time travel to MX's reunion (including when Riku was possessed) would be etched in YX's heart as his appointed path when he returns to his own time. In other words, history is set in stone and this solidifies everyone's destiny?

Key factors such as the Recusant Sigil, Aqua's magic on Kairi, Terra's encounter with Riku, etc were merely identifiable clues for Xehanort which would undoubtedly guide him. It all kind of seems redundant at this point because the path was already set despite him not having the actual knowledge of his future.

In a sense, when worded that way, it comes off as a self fulfilled prophecy doesn't it. xD

KHRULER

Awards
I just hope time travel exits the series after KH3.I understand the rules and such why Xehanort can't just go to the time of the Keyblade War instead of doing all this but it's just too much for me at this point.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Agreed, I even hope it's heavily restricted even in KH3.

Sdog

Awards

Sadly it's going to have to be explained again at least once in III though =/. I could only assume as a catch up for all those that skipped DDD thinking it's an unnecessary 'side-game'. But I pray it's gone after 3.

MyNameisAnsem

Well, it will have to be brought back, since all the Xehanorts have to gather again. After that though, I'm not sure about it being brought back into the series.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Sadly it's going to have to be explained again at least once in III though =/. I could only assume as a catch up for all those that skipped DDD thinking it's an unnecessary 'side-game'. But I pray it's gone after 3.
It needs to be explained again because despite YX describing it in detail, twice mind you, fans still don't get it.

Well, it will have to be brought back, since all the Xehanorts have to gather again. After that though, I'm not sure about it being brought back into the series.
Hopefully it won't.

Anthony12KH

Honestly, I dont hate time traveling, but I feel disappointed because he used it(even though time travel has been used in some form in the previous games, and I might have been watching a lot of of time travel animes in 2012). Unfortunately, I'm going to assume Nomura used it as a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back