• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Least favourite KH1 world?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Those damn candles could almost have a thread of their own.

You know, as a kid, while I really liked the world of traverse town, I disliked that you couldn't truly do everything it had to offer until very late in the game. I liked finishing worlds and finishing them NOW! That's why trinity marks made me mad as well

rufusisaghost

Those damn candles could almost have a thread of their own.

You know, as a kid, while I really liked the world of traverse town, I disliked that you couldn't truly do everything it had to offer until very late in the game. I liked finishing worlds and finishing them NOW! That's why trinity marks made me mad as well

Same, and I'm one of those people that has to do almost every little thing they have in the game. Find all of the puppies, trinities, post cards, chests, get the Ultima weapon...etc. x_x

MegaCore5

Awards
Atlantica. The amount of times I've gotten lost is no joke. The controls are sickening, hence why it was made into Highschool musical in KH2.
the turbulence always got me confused on where I was going so until I looked up how to reach Ursula's place I kept going around and around in circles. The shark was a annoying part of the world too. The controls were pretty much the same in never land as far as flying goes so flying and swimming I would agree had difficult controlls.

rufusisaghost

the turbulence always got me confused on where I was going so until I looked up how to reach Ursula's place I kept going around and around in circles. The shark was a annoying part of the world too. The controls were pretty much the same in never land as far as flying goes so flying and swimming I would agree had difficult controlls.
OHHH TRUE. I forgot about Atlantica, that place is really annoying too. It took me a really long time at some points to figure out where I was supposed to go. I ended up having to look up how to get to Ursulas place too after a while. I try not to do that but it was time to move on.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Atlantica. The amount of times I've gotten lost is no joke. The controls are sickening, hence why it was made into Highschool musical in KH2.

It's funny you say this, because someone once mentioned that it was funny Atlantica in KH2 was the musical because its swimming controls were actually improved over the first game.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The thing I personally find to be the most amusing about Atlantica in KH 2 is that while people keep complaining about it, they ultimatively brought the "High school musical" upon themselves.

The dev-team of KH had received many complaints about Atlantica in KH 1 and its difficult control scheme, especially involving the fights, so they decided to cut the fighting out of the world in its entirety for KH 2 to meet the fan complaints.
Just like the difficulty in the original Vanilla KH 2 got dumbed down quite a notch because they wanted to answer fan complaints about KH 1 being "too difficult", lol.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Which is why I sometimes harbor some small resentment towards the KH fandom... It's lonely being an Atlantica (KH1) fan. When the first images for KH2 were being released, I was so excited that Atlantica was back. I imagined a boss battle with Vanessa on the ship's deck to free Ariel's voice, possibly with some kind of weird mirror trick, or a fight with a mesmerized Prince Eric, or perhaps an above-water battle with giant Ursula. They could've even been creative and, like with Oogie's manor, have Ursula use the trident to animate her leviathan lair, which you would have to fight to release the lost souls. I'm sitting here imagining how much fun it would've been even to fight Ursula with the trident at her normal size--combine the spinning, the electric shots, and Flotsam & Jetsam all into one battle, maybe add a disappearing ink trick or perhaps a tentacle stranglehold.

*sigh* KH2 is when I learned not to have high expectations, although I've slowly come to terms with that game over time.

Last edited:

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
It's funny you say this, because someone once mentioned that it was funny Atlantica in KH2 was the musical because its swimming controls were actually improved over the first game.

I know who you're talking about. I think I was the one who responded to them about it. Regardless, KH2 Atlantica is a bittersweet one for most fans(I'm assuming). Swimming controls are better, but the whole world sucks donkey butt as far as the musical thing is concerned. Though, I must admit, I shamefully looked forward to getting more bits and pieces of it completed haha.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The thing I personally find to be the most amusing about Atlantica in KH 2 is that while people keep complaining about it, they ultimatively brought the "High school musical" upon themselves.

The dev-team of KH had received many complaints about Atlantica in KH 1 and its difficult control scheme, especially involving the fights, so they decided to cut the fighting out of the world in its entirety for KH 2 to meet the fan complaints.
Just like the difficulty in the original Vanilla KH 2 got dumbed down quite a notch because they wanted to answer fan complaints about KH 1 being "too difficult", lol.

Even so no one told them they wanted what we got in it's place. If they wanted to appease fans all they had to do was think up a way to make controlling it easier. No one said "give me a musical!" (at least I hope they didnt otherwise they now hold my scorn)

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Flying wasn't the easiest to control either but I found it much more fun and easy to fly and fight then to swim and fight.

That would be me. :D See below for proof:
It's funny that the swimming mechanic felt a little better in KH2 but there were only two rooms you could swim in. :/

Even so no one told them they wanted what we got in it's place. If they wanted to appease fans all they had to do was think up a way to make controlling it easier. No one said "give me a musical!" (at least I hope they didnt otherwise they now hold my scorn)

Exactly. I don't see how they saw "the controls are too difficult" and thought the solution to that should be "take most of the swimming out and make the whole world a musical".

Shasta

Awards
I'd have to say my least favorite world was "Pirate Ship". I just got lost too many times (and I still do).

Funnily enough, I found Monstro a lot easier to navigate through than Pirate Ship.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd have to say my least favorite world was "Pirate Ship". I just got lost too many times (and I still do).

Funnily enough, I found Monstro a lot easier to navigate through than Pirate Ship.

You don't hear that too often though I do remember the first couple times I played KH1 I kept getting confused on which doors led where in the Pirate Ship.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
You don't hear that too often though I do remember the first couple times I played KH1 I kept getting confused on which doors led where in the Pirate Ship.

Do you know, I didn't realize there were two doors leading to the deck for something like seven years? The ship has the most unusual layout, forcing you to go one way but unlocking all the doors on later visits.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Do you know, I didn't realize there were two doors leading to the deck for something like seven years? The ship has the most unusual layout, forcing you to go one way but unlocking all the doors on later visits.

Yes it does because there are multiple ways into several of the areas. I actually didn't figure out the second door to the deck until last year when I got 1.5 so that's about ten years for me. xD

Heartless Sora

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Aww man, I'd say Atlantica, a world with so much potential, is the worst world in Kingdom Hearts. Problems include those awkward controls and my respect for both versions of Atlantica went down because of KH2. Another problem would be the bosses. The first Ursula fight would be very confusing the first time for many people (wether or not you listen to Triton). The second Ursula fight involves Ursula just spamming magic attacks at you non-stop making leaf bracer a must have for proud mode in Final Mix and the fight lasts sooo long (seriously, I spent an hour long Skype call with my friends just trying beat her in the original PS2 version). Now I always skip it when playing KH.

Meganazo23

i would have to say Atlantica as it was so confusing, instead of going forward, backward, left or right and in atlantica it adds to that by making me go up and down at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back