• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Characters in KH2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Some guy

Original characters: Yen Sid, Sora, Pence, Demyx, Luxord. FF characters: Leon. Disney characters: Mushu, Tron, Donald.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Original characters: Yen Sid, Sora, Pence, Demyx, Luxord. FF characters: Leon. Disney characters: Mushu, Tron, Donald.

But Yen Sid is a disney character. Just spell his name backwards. :D

I would say my favorite overall character in KH2 is Riku. He goes through quite a lot to protect his friends and his growth as a character is really great to see.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Roxas is hands-down my favorite character. I can't even really pinpoint why, exactly. Usually my brain automatically latches onto characters that meet some kind of tragic end (tragic heroes, I suppose), and Roxas was certainly no exception!

MegaCore5

Awards
Axel and Roxas are my favorites in the whole KH series let-alone KH2.
I played KH days before to them parts too so I already had feelings for both characters and thought that maybe Xion could have come back too... Maybe Xion will be resurrected in KH3. I also think Exils chocolate rounds is one of the more unique weapons of the game so that's one reason I favor and over the rest of the organization.

Some guy

But Yen Sid is a disney character. Just spell his name backwards. :D
I know about the whole "Yen Sid/ Eraqus/ Xehanort ==> Disney/ Square/ Another" thing, it's just that I'm pretty sure Yen Sid was created for Kingdom Hearts (correct me if I'm wrong), which makes him an original character. I believe only his hat appears in Disney materials (Fantasia?).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know about the whole "Yen Sid/ Eraqus/ Xehanort ==> Disney/ Square/ Another" thing, it's just that I'm pretty sure Yen Sid was created for Kingdom Hearts (correct me if I'm wrong), which makes him an original character. I believe only his hat appears in Disney materials (Fantasia?).

Yen Sid first made his debut in 1940 in Disney's Fantasia. That was 30 years before Nomura was even born and 62 before Kingdom Hearts ever existed.

I suggest watching "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" from the 1940 film.

[video=youtube;mHTnJNGvQcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHTnJNGvQcA[/video]

Some guy

Yen Sid first made his debut in 1940 in Disney's Fantasia. That was 30 years before Nomura was even born and 62 before Kingdom Hearts ever existed.

I suggest watching "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" from the 1940 film.
Wow, I've seen it years ago, but I didn't remember him being there; anyways thanks for the info. Now that I think about it, the KH games' journals should be mentioning this no? Well, I'm not that knowledgeable about Disney stuff (I didn't even know who Julius was before DDD).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow, I've seen it years ago, but I didn't remember him being there; anyways thanks for the info. Now that I think about it, the KH games' journals should be mentioning this no? Well, I'm not that knowledgeable about Disney stuff (I didn't even know who Julius was before DDD).

No problem. It is definitely in Yen Sid's entries!

I don't think many knew about Julius. You had to have seen that short, and I don't think it's been available with any recent films. (Kind of wish Disney would collect their shorts and sell them as a collection)

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I definitely have to say Saix, Riku, Luxord, and Xigbar

For Saix, it's completely just cause I felt soooo sorry for him when he died. How sad he was when he stared at Kingdom Hearts and said "Kingdom Hearts, where is my heart?" Of course, I didn't fall in love with him that late in the game. I just loved his overall character. He wasn't as delusional as Xemnas was. Granted, he was definitely bad, but not as much as Mansex. Plus, I loved his character design and his power. MALE SAILOR MOON FTW!

For Riku, I think everyone will agree that Riku is just super badass. He was in KH1, and as well as KH2 and any KH game that will come. I just love passionate he is towards his friends, even though in KH2 he took the form of Ansem: Seeker of Darkness. Still, Sora knew who he was, so s'all good. 8D

Luxord is easy for me. He has a British accent and he's funny. Next?

I'm on the same boat with Xigbar as I am with Saix. He's definitely bad, but he has heart(ironic huh?) But seriously, he's loyal to the cause and was geuintely hurt when Roxas betrayed the Org. 13. I think that's why I feel for him the most out of any of the Organization 13. They're just all so sad in their own right, but they had feelings too despite not being able to have a heart to actually feel those feelings. Ugh, I'm getting off topic. Okay, so yeah, love Xigbar. Oh and plus his powers are wickedly awesome and love his personality. :3

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Oh believe me I knew what I was talking about when I said Yen Sid was a disney character. xD

I can't remember if KH2's journal says when he first appeared (but i'm sure it does) but BBS and DDD's journals both say he first appeared in The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
And don't feel left out in not knowing Julius. Not a lot of people did including me.

Gram

Banned
Awards

The KH journals mentioning first appearances? Yes. The journal in most KH games lists the first appearance of every Disney and FF character.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Oh, wow, that's the first time I noticed that about Eraqus' name. I knew about the Yensid and Xehanort ones though.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
For Kingdom Hearts II, I have to say my favorite characters were Demyx and Xemnas.

I like Demyx because he isn't really trying to be a bad guy, he just wants to chill out with his sitar and bring Roxas back without conflict. Demyx steals all his manga scenes where he interacts with others. It demonstrates much more of a fleshed out child-like perssonality up until you make him snap. Demyx is actually fairly intimidating when he shifts personalities. Another fun fact is that in the English dub he is voiced by young Kovu from Lion King II: Simba's Pride.

Xemnas is a little harder to explain as a favorite. Even before the release of the subsequent games like Days, I have loved his character. It's funny when you consider that I am not too fond of Ansem (Seeker of Darkness). Xemnas even though he doesn't really do anything until later on in the game, just has a commanding presence. I always look forward to hearing his voice particularly during his monologues. Many other people don't like them, but I get mad anytime one of his scenes is skipped over. A fun fact is that Paul St. Peter (Xemnas) was also the voice of multiple digimon in Digimon the Movie including "Kokomon" (who was actually Wendigomon).

I can't list other characters because they are either not present in this film or have too many appearances in the other titles. I do LOVE that Cid finallly got a voice in II!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back