• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Australian Classification Says Kingdom Hearts 2.5 is a Modified Version

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Our people seriously considering importing over this? This is like the most minor thing to complain about ever.

WanPisu

Awards
For people who considered importing it, this is just another reason to do it. I'm still on the fence as to what I'll do.
I wasn't even aware of the KH2-censorship until now, meaning that it may not be that much of an issue, but knowing that it exists is slightly annoying. Murica needs a buttslap, seriously. If not torture.

padlock

Awards
Well, it's not the biggest deal in the world, it's just frustrating that Australia is so... conservative about video games. I like to experience things as they are originally represented, and this is my favourite series, so I'd like to see it in it's original state. Ultimately, if I'm not able to get the uncensored version, then I will get the censored version, it's not like it's the biggest thing haha.

And also @Chaser, I will just wait to see whether it was censored everywhere before I order it... and like I said importing would be cheaper anyway. I don't think it's that weird to do :p

Ultima Spark

Well, it's not the biggest deal in the world, it's just frustrating that Australia is so... conservative about video games. I like to experience things as they are originally represented, and this is my favourite series, so I'd like to see it in it's original state. Ultimately, if I'm not able to get the uncensored version, then I will get the censored version, it's not like it's the biggest thing haha.

And also @Chaser, I will just wait to see whether it was censored everywhere before I order it... and like I said importing would be cheaper anyway. I don't think it's that weird to do :p

It's not our bloody fault, it's the government's! And the censorship was in all non-JP versions... if there's anyone you should blame in this instance, it's the ESRB.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
LMAO I just went through Port Royal and saw the censored scene of Barbossa fighting Jack so I wanted to see if it was like the in the Japanese edition.
Popped it in, and the sword was shown in his chest. Since they bothered doing work putting in the English voice tracks (even the new ones) I checked to see if they bothered to cut the sword on that track or not. It was all there, in tact. They only changed it because of the American ESRB im laughing so hard

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
LMAO I just went through Port Royal and saw the censored scene of Barbossa fighting Jack so I wanted to see if it was like the in the Japanese edition.
Popped it in, and the sword was shown in his chest. Since they bothered doing work putting in the English voice tracks (even the new ones) I checked to see if they bothered to cut the sword on that track or not. It was all there, in tact. They only changed it because of the American ESRB im laughing so hard

Wait, does that mean that Barbossa was voiced by Geoffrey Rush in your port? I could have sworn that I heard that the Australian version of the original game had him re-dub the lines for Barbossa.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
"New ones" as in the previously unvoiced Final Mix Cutscenes.

I've never heard of that rumour that Geoffrey Rush redubbed Barbossa for Australia, but that is probably 100% inaccurate.

What I was saying was that the English voices with the lip sync are available on the Japanese Disk. In that, Jack Sparrow gets stabbed in the chest, in both the Japanese and English cutscenes but because of the ESRB, that was all changed back to the original KH2 scenes for the English release (where Jack doesn't get stabbed by the sword).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back