• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Jason Dohring is a really rad guy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I had the pleasure to meet with Jason Dohring, Bill Farmer, and Jim Cummings over the weekend at Oz Comic Con. They were all really nice and it was great to meet the faces behind some of the characters from the Kingdom Hearts series, as well as Disney.

I didn't get that much time with Jim, unfortunately. I noticed that his banner had the Cheshire Cat on it, showing that it's one of his characters now (since Sterling Holloway passed away) and since the Cheshire Cat actually gets a speaking role for the first time in the Kingdom Hearts series in Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, it was pretty awesome to see Jim acknowledge the Cat as one of his characters ever since he took up the role in 2011. I'm very excited to hear his work as Pete as well when the ReMIX drops in English in December.

Bill Farmer was a delight to meet. The second he saw me, he put on his Goofy voice and said "Well hey there! H'yuck". It was amazing to be able to see, in the flesh, the man who has breathed life into this cartoon character since 1986. So far he has enjoyed his time in Sydney, even taking part in climbing the harbour bridge. I also managed to get a photo with him 5 hours after I initially met him, and he remembered me, so I'm very ecstatic that "Goofy" managed to remember my face (or the fact that I was wearing a blue and black aztec shirt so I stood out amongst the cosplayers). It was very surreal, and he was so friendly which was just amazing.

This is Jim and Bill's signatures on my Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- artbook;
10649516_10204326251298502_7188427169504270312_n.jpg

When meeting Jason Dohring it felt like I was the first person to recognise him as his role as Terra in a long time, as it took him a little bit to remember he played the character. Of course, it was a weird circumstance because we were in front of a camera, and I couldn't believe I was right in front of him which made "You Terra" only words to come out of my mouth. Later on, I met up with him again and I talked a little bit more about Kingdom Hearts with him.

He said that working on the game was rad*, and he would like to come back cause it's rad* and he knows that there is a massive fanbase behind the games. He was told the sales numbers of Birth by Sleep and he was impressed by those numbers. I informed him it was because Birth by Sleep was one of the most popular games in the series, which I hope he was happy to hear.

*Jason says rad a lot, it's not just my wording (here's another source on that).

Jason's signature in my Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- artbook
10698421_10204326251978519_5018924575795061782_n.jpg

Overall, it was a great experience meeting the voice actors behind Disney characters, and characters in the Kingdom Hearts series. If you see any of these people in the line up for any conventions, I highly recommend attending because they are super awesome to meet. I'm very grateful for the time I got to spend with Jason, Bill, and Jim, and hopefully one day we can secure them for a more in-depth talk.

Edit: Oh yeah and I also bought a Keyblade but I couldn't use it in photos because it is metal :(

BxdlCBWCIAAlzzz.jpg

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm never going to forgive myself for the first thing I said to Jason was "You Terra". Then I tried to cover myself by going "I've also seen you in Veronica Mars" and he was like "That's where most people know me from". I just hope my second impression was better.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
That sounds awesome man! I would love to meet Goofy, that would be so great. I'd be like, "I'm your son, Max! And I'm as awkward as they come!"

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
People need to appreciate Jason more for his work as Terra ;~;

"You Terra" is probably the most adorable thing you could have said, Joey <3

If it makes you feel better, at least you didn't just panic and ask him about his day like I did with Nolan North.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That sounds awesome man! I would love to meet Goofy, that would be so great. I'd be like, "I'm your son, Max! And I'm as awkward as they come!"
They had pictures from "A Goofy Movie" out for signing. He would have loved that aha.

People need to appreciate Jason more for his work as Terra ;~;

"You Terra" is probably the most adorable thing you could have said, Joey <3

If it makes you feel better, at least you didn't just panic and ask him about his day like I did with Nolan North.
I asked Jim how he was enjoying Sydney aha. I hope Jason returns, I think he enjoyed voicing Terra.

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com
You were so fortunate, Chaser! Or should I call you Joey instead? :D

Did it feel like talking with Terra? But "took him a little bit to remember he played the character"... has it been that long? :O

I sometimes wish I had furthered my studies in Australia, really...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You were so fortunate, Chaser! Or should I call you Joey instead? :D
Either is fine.

Did it feel like talking with Terra? But "took him a little bit to remember he played the character"... has it been that long? :O
It has been a few years, and he was mostly known there for Veronica Mars. I doubt many people come to him about Terra, but hopefully that changes with 2.5.

Sdog

Awards
That was an awesome read! Haha sounds like you had a great experience! ... "You Terra" xD

Sign said:

I probably wouldn't be able to get even that out if I were to meet him, he's one of my VO idols =p.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Wow, this is awesome! Glad you got to meet these guys, Chaser. They always seemed like cool people to me, but it's always nice to hear that they are genuinely nice to their fans as well.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
They had pictures from "A Goofy Movie" out for signing. He would have loved that aha.

Man, that would have been great. I always preferred Goofy to Mickey and Donald, and I geeked out just meeting the guy in the Goofy costume at Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back