• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort's Guardian

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What do you think the Guardian is?

• It's obviously Eraqus!

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • It could be Xehanort.....

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I got my own ideas!

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Gotta say this has lasted longer than expected. =D From what I'm gathering the general consensus is that it's either Terra, Eraqus or some dark manifest?
Given the often pointed out DDD scene in which the Guardian reaches out to Riku, I a bit inclined myself to lean towards Terra. Or at the very least a part of Terra. (since for all we know MX/Terra/Eraqus was divided equally between Ansem & Xemnas given Xemnas is confirmed to hold Terra memories)

Korai

Awards
I think It's Terra's heartless. When Xehanort entered Terra, it could be that he used the present darkness to turn Terra's heart into a heartless in order to keep Terra's heart under control, and then keeping the heartless within Terra's body. It could have been very tentative, though, and Terra's heart could've been fighting it for a while and switching back and forth from being a heartless and a heart. You see the guardian and what we can assume is Terra's heart separated in that yellow void, which I assume is inside Terranort. I don't think that disproves that it's Terra, maybe it's a manifestation of the darkness that would make Terra a heartless fighting to take hold of his heart.

I don't think it's Eraqus, because Xehanort uses the guardian in the battle against Aqua, but he doesn't realize that Eraqus is present in Terra until Blank Points, which takes place after that battle.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
I think It's Terra's heartless. When Xehanort entered Terra, it could be that he used the present darkness to turn Terra's heart into a heartless in order to keep Terra's heart under control, and then keeping the heartless within Terra's body. It could have been very tentative, though, and Terra's heart could've been fighting it for a while and switching back and forth from being a heartless and a heart. You see the guardian and what we can assume is Terra's heart separated in that yellow void, which I assume is inside Terranort. I don't think that disproves that it's Terra, maybe it's a manifestation of the darkness that would make Terra a heartless fighting to take hold of his heart.

I don't think it's Eraqus, because Xehanort uses the guardian in the battle against Aqua, but he doesn't realize that Eraqus is present in Terra until Blank Points, which takes place after that battle.
lol thats what i said to that its terra darkness

Korai

Awards
oh lol ok but since we both have same idea i think its terra darkness like ven had vanitas
Mine's not quite the same, though. Vanitas was the part of Ven's heart that was made of darkness. I think the guardian is extra darkness that Terra picked up over his life, especially during BBS

Gram

Banned
Awards

I could see that happening though I don't think he made Terra a heartless. Given his reports, Xehanort didn't seem to learn what forms heartless until his time as an apprentice to Ansem the Wise.
Plus I imagine that sharing a body with a heartless of a man that hates you wouldn't be a very wise move. MX can manipulate darkness and heartless sure, but I doubt he'd be able to fend off one sharing the same body and heart space when heartless feed on darkness which MX is ear deep in.

Korai

Awards
I could see that happening though I don't think he made Terra a heartless. Given his reports, Xehanort didn't seem to learn what forms heartless until his time as an apprentice to Ansem the Wise.
Plus I imagine that sharing a body with a heartless of a man that hates you wouldn't be a very wise move. MX can manipulate darkness and heartless sure, but I doubt he'd be able to fend off one sharing the same body and heart space when heartless feed on darkness which MX is ear deep in.
Maybe he did know about heartless. The Xehanort that researched them under Ansem was the amnesiac Xehanort, remember? And there's a scene where Xehanort commands novashadows to attack Ventus. It definitely wouldn't be easy to contain Terra as a heartless, but probably easier than just Terra's heart as it was. That's what I meant when I said it was "tentative." And during the battle with Aqua, maybe that was the main reason that he started using the guardian in the battle, to get him out of the body.

Gram

Banned
Awards
MX definitely knew of heartless but whether he knew how they are made is an iffy matter. The amnesia is a matter thats been called into question in recent years as well. (like for example, Apprentice Xehanort pulling out MX's keyblade or Nomura saying "Braig doubted as much")

Why would Terra's heart be less hard to control than a heartless? (just curious)

Korai

Awards
I think that the amnesia probably isn't fake, since he wasn't sure who he was when Aqua first found him in radiant garden, and because when he tried to force Terra's heart out, and he fell into the realm of darkness, it probably caused some trauma that made locked their memories away and made their hearts unable to fight anymore (their hearts were shown in blank points talking to each other about who was gonna kick out who) I meant because Terra is unable to control his own darkness, but Xehanort is very skilled with darkness, Terra as a heartless would probably be easier for Xehanort to control

12kez90

Actually if you remember when Braig was talking to Apprentice Xehanort in Blank Point, it is hinted that Terra still had some control as he was hesitant to answer.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think that the amnesia probably isn't fake, since he wasn't sure who he was when Aqua first found him in radiant garden, and because when he tried to force Terra's heart out, and he fell into the realm of darkness, it probably caused some trauma that made locked their memories away and made their hearts unable to fight anymore (their hearts were shown in blank points talking to each other about who was gonna kick out who)

The first example of him when Aqua first found him isn't a good one. He was disoriented but Xehanort quickly grasped control and it was established the keyblade to the chest caused the supposed amnesia.

Personally I think whether he had amnesia or not is irrelevant at this point. I say this for two reasons:

The first one is the opening of DDD. Whether he had amnesia or not obviously wasn't a question at that point, either the apprentice remembered or MX finally took control which is why MX's keyblade appeared.

The second reason is because of Ansem and Xemnas. These two are confirmed to have the memories of Terra and MX. Xemnas is stated bluntly to have memories of both and we see Ansem's confirmation through his actions such as going back to give Young Xehanort time travel and set off DDD.
Ansem couldn't go to YX if he didn't first remember that he was YX at one point. ;3

No matter how it was initially it still ended with the resurgence of Xehanort's influence and memory before Ansem and Xemnas were even formed but at the same time not long before they was formed.

On topic though:
I meant because Terra is unable to control his own darkness, but Xehanort is very skilled with darkness, Terra as a heartless would probably be easier
for Xehanort to control
This is a very valid point however you poked a hole in it yourself with your post. You mentioned Terra and MX's conversation in blank points.
If Terra had become a heartless then he wouldn't be able to have the conversation. Terra lacks control over darkness and the only known being to hold truly whole human sentience was Ansem who himself was born of a combined character.
In short I doubt Terra would have the control to have that conversation with MX had he turned heartless at that point in time.

That's not to say the Guardian isn't tied to Terra's darkness however. Terra even by himself had an unusual amount of it and then we see it reaching out to Riku after his speech of remembering a "promise he made when he was little".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back