• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

    CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A little confusion about the KH 1.5 Prima player's guide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Wing

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2010
Messages
370
Awards
4
Location
The Internet
so, i was contemplating selling this and i wasn't sure the value so i was looking around on ebay and amazon and i'm seeing ridiculous prices ranging from $167 to $599! now i understand having an unopened product can increase it's value a bit but that just seems insane to me. are these guys just a buncha crazies? what is the actual value here?

Side note: was anyone else disappointed with this guide? everything i needed to know to 100% KHFM I had to go to the internet to find because nothing in the guide was of any use to me :frown:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Joined
Nov 1, 2009
Messages
17,751
Awards
36
Re: a little confusion about the KH 1.5 Prima player's guide

so, i was contemplating selling this and i wasn't sure the value so i was looking around on ebay and amazon and i'm seeing ridiculous prices ranging from $167 to $599! now i understand having an unopened product can increase it's value a bit but that just seems insane to me. are these guys just a buncha crazies? what is the actual value here?

Side note: was anyone else disappointed with this guide? everything i needed to know to 100% KHFM I had to go to the internet to find because nothing in the guide was of any use to me :frown:

Prima is selling the guide for $9.99 on their website. I'd probably sell a used copy no more than $6-7.

Dark Wing

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2010
Messages
370
Awards
4
Location
The Internet
Re: a little confusion about the KH 1.5 Prima player's guide

Prima is selling the guide for $9.99 on their website. I'd probably sell a used copy no more than $6-7.
that sounds a bit more reasonable to me. I don't understanding what is up with those other prices. boggles my mind. thx for letting me know.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
3,448
Awards
6
Location
Miami
Re: a little confusion about the KH 1.5 Prima player's guide

The hardcover guide is really nice. I sent recently an email to Prima asking them if they're going to make another hardcover guide for 2.5. They responded to me saying they're not going to work on the Final Mix 2.5 guide this time.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
8,349
Awards
17
Location
Wherever I am right now
Re: a little confusion about the KH 1.5 Prima player's guide

that sounds a bit more reasonable to me. I don't understanding what is up with those other prices. boggles my mind. thx for letting me know.

People are always out to try and make a quick buck. When each new Kingdom Hearts Play Arts figure comes out, I see A LOT of listings for $150 each, but they never sell that high, they are always in the $100ish range (because it costs around $80 to even buy them usually directly from Square Enix), but people will insist on listing them higher, and no, they do not sell.

The hardcover guide is really nice. I sent recently an email to Prima asking them if they're going to make another hardcover guide for 2.5. They responded to me saying they're not going to work on the Final Mix 2.5 guide this time.

So does that mean Prima won't be doing the guide for 2.5? While that's disappointing for consistency purposes (if a guide even happens), since I really was hoping to put the 2 guides juxtaposed, BUT the inside of the 1.5 guide was so atrocious I can't really be that sad.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
35,552
Awards
96
Age
32
Location
California
Website
twitter.com
Re: a little confusion about the KH 1.5 Prima player's guide

So does that mean Prima won't be doing the guide for 2.5? While that's disappointing for consistency purposes (if a guide even happens), since I really was hoping to put the 2 guides juxtaposed, BUT the inside of the 1.5 guide was so atrocious I can't really be that sad.

While I'm sad about it, the guide didn't really give us anything new that online guides that have been around for years didn't already explain in more detail.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Joined
Feb 20, 2014
Messages
1,974
Awards
1
Location
Somewhere in Castle Figaro...
Prima has a very interesting thing with guides. I still have the Prima guide for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and they had an interesting retrospective and a decent slew of information regarding the game. On the other hand, I will never forgive them for practically forcing me to reset my save file because they had a slip-up in the freaking Water Temple of all places; I found out later that I didn't actually need to restart my save file, but it required too much finagling and MacGyvering to do so.

I haven't had a good look at the guide yet, but from what I've heard it looks kind of nice. I guess we'll see what happens when the new blood comes in.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
3,448
Awards
6
Location
Miami
Re: a little confusion about the KH 1.5 Prima player's guide

People are always out to try and make a quick buck. When each new Kingdom Hearts Play Arts figure comes out, I see A LOT of listings for $150 each, but they never sell that high, they are always in the $100ish range (because it costs around $80 to even buy them usually directly from Square Enix), but people will insist on listing them higher, and no, they do not sell.

So does that mean Prima won't be doing the guide for 2.5? While that's disappointing for consistency purposes (if a guide even happens), since I really was hoping to put the 2 guides juxtaposed, BUT the inside of the 1.5 guide was so atrocious I can't really be that sad.

Hi Robert,

Sadly, we will not be releasing a guide for this game.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you,

Jamie
Prima Support