• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English Data found on Japanese Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX disk!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- was released in Japan a few days ago and already it has been discovered that both Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix & Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix retained their respective dual audio Theater Mode from their original PS2 & PSP releases. While looking through the data from Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-'s disk, YouTube user crazycatz00 has also discovered that most of the English data for Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix is also on the disk.

The English data from the disk cannot be accessed normally, but by using a hack to trick the game to believe it is running in English, it will load the English data for Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix including English dubbed cutscenes & text files and also invert the controls to the NA/EU/PAL standard. He has also found Spanish & French language data for certain menus and textures on the disk. You can see crazycatz00's video of Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- running in English below:

Update 1: English Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix cutscenes have been found to be on the Japanese disk!

Update 2: crazycatz00 has uploaded a video featuring Birth By Sleep Final Mix in English, though it appears that some dialogue boxes are incomplete. Check the video out below:

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Interesting. Has this ever happened before with a game? I mean data for a localization on a disk.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think the bigger question could be is whether Theather mode contains English voices for FINAL MIX exclusive cutscenes.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Not sure if it's ever happened with a KH game before to be honest.

Chaser is still trying to rush through the game to see if the dubbed FM content is included. If it is, then we're waiting 2 months for nothing.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
...Interesting...
If we find out it's Re:Coded scenes have the English dubbing, I'm gonna be pissed. All that waiting will have been for nothing....
This is just, um, something. I'm curious if 1.5 had this too.
Now I wonder if the English release will also have the Japanese text and the other language data, or if it's been removed.

Last edited:

GeckoPutt

Which begs the question really: why the vexatious and substantial wait for the Western World when all English assets are firmly found on the discs released in Asia?

Seems somewhat strange.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
...Interesting...
If we find out it's Final Mix scenes have the English dubbing, I'm gonna be pissed. All that waiting will have been for nothing....
This is just, um, something. I'm curious if 1.5 had this too.
Now I wonder if the English release will also have the Japanese text and the other language data, or if it's been removed.

Well 1.5 had japanese data as far are text and textures are related. It didn't have japanese voices though.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Which begs the question really: why the vexatious and substantial wait for the Western World when all English assets are firmly found on the discs released in Asia?

Seems somewhat strange.

It "could" be a marketing reason and that picking a release date around the holidays would garner more sales.

axel95

Awards
If something like this is discovered in BBS, we're being made to wait two months for English Re:Coded and potential (but doubtful) glitch fixes. With this revelation, there is no excuse for the major glitches to not be fixed.

WaveK89

I would usually spit out some blah choosing marketing decisions over appeasing the fans here. However...It's 2 months. I honestly feel blessed only having to wait 2 months. I'll take 2 months. For the sake of my sanity, I do hope for a simultaneous release for KH3, or I will abstain from the internet.

Moving on topic, I'm kind of surprised they would leave all this in without providing some sort of option. Maybe it was some sort of time issue or just plain didn't want to put the effort in adding the feature or removing the content? I'd hardly believe it was forgotten. Whatever the case, cool beans.

Crazycatz

Ohh, a news article... this is new. xD

I think the bigger question could be is whether Theather mode contains English voices for FINAL MIX exclusive cutscenes.
If we find out it's Final Mix scenes have the English dubbing, I'm gonna be pissed. All that waiting will have been for nothing....

Not sure about theater mode, but in-game they're in English. So ya....

So, how long until the other scenes are found, not blowing up or worried of consequences, just curious.

I can do them as fast as I can play the game, but I doubt anyone wants more of my phone-videos.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Ohh, a news article... this is new. xD

Not sure about theater mode, but in-game they're in English. So ya....

I can do them as fast as I can play the game, but I doubt anyone wants more of my phone-videos.

Thank you so much for the video Crazycatz! Take your time with the game lol.

Sdog

Awards
It "could" be a marketing reason and that picking a release date around the holidays would garner more sales.

Make sense for us in the US, but does japan not a have a 'Holiday' season for sales? I know they celebrate that time of year slightly different.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
This is... quite unexpected. Even more so than the Lingering Will's magical cape, perhaps.

I shan't load any of these videos until I've gotten my hands on an English copy. New scenes voiced in English are a huge portion of the reason I'm getting the English version as well. At least there's still a reason to wait since Re:coded the movie is still currently exclusive in Japanese.

And then someone finds out that even Re:coded can be tricked to play in English. Totally jinxing myself here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back