• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English Data found on Japanese Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX disk!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

axel95

Awards
With the new Final Mix scenes dubbed, I'm wanting to hear an explanation from Square at some point. It can even wait until after the English release for all I care, but there's gotta be a good reason for this being on the disk and us having to wait two months.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Make sense for us in the US, but does japan not a have a 'Holiday' season for sales? I know they celebrate that time of year slightly different.

Why would Japan wait to get the game? That's more of the question.

They do have a holiday on the 23rd of December for the Emperor's birthday (since 1868) but I don't think games sell any more or less around that time. Christmas is a bit more of a romantic holiday and likely not celebrated in the same way that the west does as a religious/massive money spending one. In Japan, people will typically spend the holiday going out with their friends or romantic partners, having parties for the year's end, and whatnot. And businesses close for the New Year.

So it isn't so much of a holiday season like in the west where we have multiple religious holidays.

This is... quite unexpected. Even more so than the Lingering Will's magical cape, perhaps.

I shan't load any of these videos until I've gotten my hands on an English copy. New scenes voiced in English are a huge portion of the reason I'm getting the English version as well. At least there's still a reason to wait since Re:coded the movie is still currently exclusive in Japanese.

And then someone finds out that even Re:coded can be tricked to play in English. Totally jinxing myself here.

Magical cape still wins the day, though.

With the new Final Mix scenes dubbed, I'm wanting to hear an explanation from Square at some point. It can even wait until after the English release for all I care, but there's gotta be a good reason for this being on the disk and us having to wait two months.

Marketing, certification, QA, maybe Sony said "don't release it now", maybe SE said "wait awhile longer". Who knows 8D

I'm more upset now they didn't just make the game multi-language since all the pieces are there...

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I can do them as fast as I can play the game, but I doubt anyone wants more of my phone-videos.

If they reveal more info like this then keep those phone-videos coming!

This is... quite unexpected. Even more so than the Lingering Will's magical cape, perhaps.

I shan't load any of these videos until I've gotten my hands on an English copy. New scenes voiced in English are a huge portion of the reason I'm getting the English version as well. At least there's still a reason to wait since Re:coded the movie is still currently exclusive in Japanese.

And then someone finds out that even Re:coded can be tricked to play in English. Totally jinxing myself here.

I had to click on them just to see if they were actually all in English. I probably won't watch anymore just so I don't see them all before I get the game. But if we do have to wait, 2 months is a lot better than the 6 month wait for 1.5. About that last line of yours, after all the news we've gotten over the last few days I wouldn't say that's impossible and if it is true we all might as well learn how to do it and import 2.5 now. xD

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

They won't need to explain anything. If anything this is free marketing for Square as people who don't want to wait and have CFW PS3s will import the game.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think I'd like Square Enix to incorporate dual audio into their games in the future more often. It seems possible for them to do it. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD having dual audio seems to be going in the right direction.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Ohh, a news article... this is new. xD

Not sure about theater mode, but in-game they're in English. So ya....

I can do them as fast as I can play the game, but I doubt anyone wants more of my phone-videos.

Don't worry, man. The videos are still awesome, keep 'em coming!

I am fully expecting this to happen. If they took the time to actually get the English dialogue and script for the extra scenes for the Final Mix editions of II and Birth by Sleep, I can see them doing so for Re:coded despite not having a (visible) option to switch between the two languages.

Why would Japan wait to get the game? That's more of the question.

They do have a holiday on the 23rd of December for the Emperor's birthday (since 1868) but I don't think games sell any more or less around that time. Christmas is a bit more of a romantic holiday and likely not celebrated in the same way that the west does as a religious/massive money spending one. In Japan, people will typically spend the holiday going out with their friends or romantic partners, having parties for the year's end, and whatnot. And businesses close for the New Year.

So it isn't so much of a holiday season like in the west where we have multiple religious holidays.

IIRC, they also generally eat cake on Christmas. At the very least, I remember hearing Shujin and Kaya discussing it on Bakuman.

I'm more upset now they didn't just make the game multi-language since all the pieces are there...

Completely agree.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
[video=youtube;1Luq6YNEbFI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Luq6YNEbFI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Once for the BBS guys

Kevin Perez

Does that mean they did the English audio for KHII and BBS's Final Mixes new cutscenes/secret endings WAY before they ever thought of HD Collections? Remember when they were promoting KHII Final Mix+? The promo featured Roxas' birth in Twilight Town (near the mansion) with Xemnas telling him "A/the new you" in PURE English". What's going on?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Does that mean they did the English audio for KHII and BBS's Final Mixes new cutscenes/secret endings WAY before they ever thought of HD Collections? Remember when they were promoting KHII Final Mix+? The promo featured Roxas' birth in Twilight Town (near the mansion) with Xemnas telling him "A/the new you" in PURE English". What's going on?

No. This dubbing was done this year.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Wow new game, I wonder when it's coming out? :p

Was that Willa at the beginning? I'm sure it was and it was only 3 words but she sounded different to me.

It's only been awhile since saying only Ven back in DDD, maybe she improved.

Edit: these will be blocked soon, the english Zero Points is blocked with Copyright by SE, so yeah, that's a thing.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Ugh. The start of Aqua's secret episode in english was also uploaded but Square Enix shot it down.

It's only been awhile since saying only Ven back in DDD, may be she improved.

Considering Jason Dohring completely forgot about playing Terra, I'd be willing to put down money that those recordings were archived from BBS.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
[video=youtube;1Luq6YNEbFI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Luq6YNEbFI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Once for the BBS guys

Huh. I was wondering when that was going to crop up...

Wow new game, I wonder when it's coming out? :p

Was that Willa at the beginning? I'm sure it was and it was only 3 words but she sounded different to me.

I'm pretty sure that was Willa. It has been a little while since she voiced Aqua, so I'm not too surprised that the way she said that line was a little different than how she sounded. Remember that in the Days "game" in I.5, several Organization members sounded different thanks to not having voiced their characters for nearly ten years.

I know what you are talking about, but IIRC, that segment simply had spliced sound clips of Xemnas and Roxas speaking in that scene a la Sora versus Xemnas in the first game's Final Mix.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Ugh. The start of Aqua's secret episode in english was also uploaded but Square Enix shot it down.

Considering Jason Dohring completely forgot about playing Terra, I'd be willing to put down money that those recordings were archived from BBS.

It was? Too bad I would've liked to hear some of it.

And did he really forget? That's not good. xD

I'm pretty sure that was Willa. It has been a little while since she voiced Aqua, so I'm not too surprised that the way she said that line was a little different than how she sounded. Remember that in the Days "game" in I.5, several Organization members sounded different thanks to not having voiced their characters for nearly ten years.

You have a good point. Which ones sounded different to you because I know at least Xaldin and Demyx sounded off to me.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
You have a good point. Which ones sounded different to you because I know at least Xaldin and Demyx sounded off to me.

Moreso Xaldin than Demyx, but the latter was just a tad off from his initial performance. I just don't pay too much attention to it since Xaldin was, well...

Anyway, I think Luxord's voice actually improved a bit since his debut, but I'd expect no less from Robin Atkin Downes.

And, of course, Xemnas, Xigbar, Saix and Axel still sound perfect to me.

Since people were wondering, yes they are in english in theater mode and they have 2 voices for namine instead of redubbing her with Meaghan Jette Martin.

Huh, so now we have the people that preferred Brittany Snow and the ones that liked Meaghan Jette Martin rejoicing (and/or raging) now. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back