• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possibilities of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 on PS4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Ever since Kingdom Hearts 3 was confirmed to be released on the Playstation 4 and Xbox One, fans have been concerned about the situation surrounding Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and 2.5 ReMix. The goal of the remasters was to compile every title in the franchise on one system to prepare the players for the long-awaited finale of the Dark Seeker saga. Now the question is whether or not the remasters will be re-released on the PS4 and XB1 or if they'll remain exclusive on the PS3.

Co-Director Tai Yasue commented on the subject in a recent interview with IGN. While no confirmations can be made, the possibility still exists and is something that they are considering. 

"I think [putting the games on PS4] is something we’ll explore. We understand what our players want, so we will explore the possibility. I’m not making any announcements though, we can’t make any announcements yet!"

"It’s a big old question," he says. "There’s a lot of things we need to think of when we consider consoles. One of them is what our players want, so we will definitely consider that. But there’s also schedule constraints, as we really don’t want the development of Kingdom Hearts III going later, so we have that to think about. We’ll consider all these things and come to a decision."

However today, Square Enix France revealed a PS4 release of Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD on their online store. Although the page no longer exists, it confirms the release for Spring 2015, at 49,99 Euros.

With this revelation, what do you think of the likelihood of Kingdom Hearts following the same trend? What changes are you hoping they will make? Have you decided to skip over the PS3 releases of 1.5 and 2.5 in the hopes that a PS4 version would follow, or if you've already purchased the remasters, would you be interested in double-dipping? Let us know!

Source:  Square Enix Boutique

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Yeah I think it's a lock along with DDD HD for next gen console. Probably won't be till Fall/Winter 2015 but who cares right?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
To be honest, X|X-2 HD on PS4 baffles me. 1.5 and 2.5 are highly demanded and sort of a necessity, so I'd like to know what the reasoning is behind this.

But I also believe that this could be our 2015 game.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
This is the same company that went to PSX and announced a port of the PC version of FFVII (barebones) to PS4. They want easy money. This is basically just to fund FFXV some more

Bobjam

Awards
To be honest, X|X-2 HD on PS4 baffles me. 1.5 and 2.5 are highly demanded and sort of a necessity, so I'd like to know what the reasoning is behind this.

Jump Festa...we can only hope from answers soon =/

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This is the same company that went to PSX and announced a port of the PC version of FFVII (barebones) to PS4. They want easy money. This is basically just to fund FFXV some more

goddamnit jaden i wanted to pretend that never happened

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
goddamnit jaden i wanted to pretend that never happened

iLmAyOFGnAGWH.gif

Sdog

Awards
AAHHHHH X N X-2 on PS4! I knew it would come! :DDD.

This all but brightens the possibility of 1.5 n 2.5 on 4 as well, I'm certain of it!

Master Spockanort said:
(Prepare for X-3)

My body is so ready.

DoctahFaz

Awards
When the original GTA V release for PS3/360 was approaching and the developers were being quiet/not giving definitive answers on the possibility of re-releasing to next gen, I just had a feeling we'd be seeing the game on PS4/XB1 within a year for some reason.

I have the same suspicion here with 1.5/2.5. I predict we will see it on PS4 (and maybe XB1) by Winter 2015/Spring 2016. I'm almost hoping it doesn't because then it will feel like I've wasted my time with the PS3 versions of both and will feel compelled to start everything again on PS4, but like I said, I think it is inevitable. I'll just cross that bridge when we get there at this point.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
But I also believe that this could be our 2015 game.
As much as that sounds about right, I believe that KH3 will be our 2016 game. If that is so, then wouldn't it make more sense (if they're planning to do it or not) that 3DHD come out in 2015 to complete the collection of games before KH3 comes out?
Perhaps slating KH3 for 2016 is me being too optimistic, but I just feel like 2017 is much too far.

As for putting them on PS4/XB1...? I don't really feel like it would bring anything else to the table except for greater availability to people who own those consoles. But that WOULD give XBox fans the chance to own the games, which is hardly a bad thing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have the same suspicion here with 1.5/2.5. I predict we will see it on PS4 (and maybe XB1) by Winter 2015/Spring 2016. I'm almost hoping it doesn't because then it will feel like I've wasted my time with the PS3 versions of both and will feel compelled to start everything again on PS4, but like I said, I think it is inevitable. I'll just cross that bridge when we get there at this point.

I won't mind if they port them over as long as they fix the difficulty trophies for 1.5! I am not playing KH1 and Re:CoM over that many times. I'll do it for the PS3 version but they can go screw themselves if they don't fix it for a PS4 version.

SORA619

Awards
So many projects, so little time and many many angry fans.. For me the rerelease of FFX/X-2 is pointless but anyway. They should focus developing KHIII and when they will be about 80% they can make the again the remasters. It won't take that long like 1.5 and 3.5. But still it's pointless. Or they can announce a collector's edition with KHIII or i don't know. After the FFVII HD remaster thing, everything SE related makes me feel weird. :p

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So many projects, so little time and many many angry fans.. For me the rerelease of FFX/X-2 is pointless but anyway. They should focus developing KHIII and when they will be about 80% they can make the again the remasters. It won't take that long like 1.5 and 3.5. But still it's pointless. Or they can announce a collector's edition with KHIII or i don't know. After the FFVII HD remaster thing, everything SE related makes me feel weird. :p

The team that is working on X|X-2 isn't the same one that's been working on the KH games in recent years. They have a small team of around 70-80 staff between the Osaka (which at the last count had roughly 300 staff) and Tokyo offices that are working on the KH remasters, and some of them are also pulling double-duty with KH3. The vast majority of the Osaka team are 100% focused on KH3.

It's actually fairly important for the remasters to make their way to new-gen in some way, shape or form. With KH3 releasing on those systems and more and more fans no longer having access to a PS3, they have to find some way to provide every title on one system in order for everyone to catch up.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I'll be interested when(yeah.. I know if) the LE Kingdom Hearts PS4 comes out. It'd have to be a real sweet PS4+KH bundle for me to go all out right now, because I just got my 2.5 copy for my PS3 and I'm quite content. I do plan on buying a PS4 of course, but closer to time to the new FF and KH3 release! Let's face it, SE and Nomura is gonna go all out with the Dark Seeker Saga conclusion with all types of goodies so you can't trick me to buying my PS4 now, when there is a realistic possibility of a KH3 themed PS4!

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
It's actually fairly important for the remasters to make their way to new-gen in some way, shape or form. With KH3 releasing on those systems and more and more fans no longer having access to a PS3, they have to find some way to provide every title on one system in order for everyone to catch up.
Not to mention with how many consoles the series has spanned. It's a really healthy choice to put everything in one place. That has a massive appeal to everyone. And with a series rich in story like KH, only being able to play a couple of them because you only own a single console is a real bummer. Not everyone has easy access to all of those different systems.
NewGen versions would certainly make them current for several more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back