• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who had the best battle stance?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

best battle stance are?

• sora

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • riku

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • mickey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • roxas (duel wield)

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • terra

• ventus

• aqua

• eraqus

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • xehanort

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: who had the best battle stance

It's not fancy, but I think Sora's is the most practice. Since he holds his Keyblade someone might actually hold a blunt object I think it'd be one of the more effective stances.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

I'd have to agree with Ruran that Sora's is probably the most practical stance. But I've always enjoyed Riku's stance, though I liked it better when only he did it. (Young Xehanort does the same one as he if I remember correctly?)

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Demyx's stance.

Dance water! Dance!

The way how he's holding his guitar weapon and uses it to summon his water duplicates. It'd have been cool he actually attack by playing a few tunes.

digimikej

Awards

I like Riku's stance, specifically because it isn't practical in any way shape or form. he literally is using one hand in a "come on" gesture, and I find that hilarious.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

nobody else wondering why riku xehanort and vanitas use the same stance

That's a good question. Before BBS, I assumed Riku and Vanitas had the same stance because they were connected to each other. But now that we know that they have nothing to do with each other, it makes it odd that Vanitas has his battle stance.

Ruran

Awards

Riku, Young Master Xehanort, Vanitas and Ansem (?) all have the same battle stance because plot.

Precursor Mar

Final Form Sora, of course. It's so boss. In fact I like all of Sora's Drive stances including his base one, but I like Final Form the best.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards

Now that I think about it, most keyblade wielders' stances are rather impractical. Aside from Eraqus, dual wield Roxas, and Sora, they're always holding the key down low and beside/behind them.

This works for Ven because his reverse grip means he's gotta come around a lot more to strike, so any forward motion is part of the attack. Everyone else has to take a second or two to move the keyblade in a different direction to set up their attack.

I could excuse the wind up if these stances weren't also a nightmare for defense. Minus Eraqus and Sora, everyone leads with their body. Sure, holding your sword behind you looks cool, but now you have to bring it around to defend as well. Roxas, who has two keyblades, has the only excuse for holding one behind him as he can block with one and attack with the other. But instead, he stands straight forward, keyblades at either side, leaving his middle wide open.

If one if the other sword fighters on here can justify these styles to me that would be great, because my expertise is mainly in Fencing and no one in KH fights that way.

Also, what's up with Sora's valor form stance? One under the right arm, the other over the right shoulder. I know it's not listed, but it's an interesting style that no one else uses and doesn't seem to come from anywhere. It seems Sora's only dual wielding experience comes from Roxas and I don't think Roxas ever holds them like that.

Ruran

Awards

Now that I think about it, most keyblade wielders' stances are rather impractical. Aside from Eraqus, dual wield Roxas, and Sora, they're always holding the key down low and beside/behind them.

This works for Ven because his reverse grip means he's gotta come around a lot more to strike, so any forward motion is part of the attack. Everyone else has to take a second or two to move the keyblade in a different direction to set up their attack.

I could excuse the wind up if these stances weren't also a nightmare for defense. Minus Eraqus and Sora, everyone leads with their body. Sure, holding your sword behind you looks cool, but now you have to bring it around to defend as well. Roxas, who has two keyblades, has the only excuse for holding one behind him as he can block with one and attack with the other. But instead, he stands straight forward, keyblades at either side, leaving his middle wide open.

If one if the other sword fighters on here can justify these styles to me that would be great, because my expertise is mainly in Fencing and no one in KH fights that way.

Also, what's up with Sora's valor form stance? One under the right arm, the other over the right shoulder. I know it's not listed, but it's an interesting style that no one else uses and doesn't seem to come from anywhere. It seems Sora's only dual wielding experience comes from Roxas and I don't think Roxas ever holds them like that.

The majority of the postures and moves are pretty much dictated by Rule of Cool. Hell, forget stance, the Keyblade's design makes it impossible to even hold properly to begin with. :p

I have very little knowledge on sword fighting, but even someone as uneducated on the subject as I can see that they're incredibly impractical. Cool to look at, but impractical.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

I like Aqua's. Even the way she summons it. She looks so disciplined with her posture.

Antar

Awards

Kingdom Hearts and practicality are completely two different things. xD

Eraqus stance is probably one of my favorites and my second choice would be Riku and Master Xehanort (which are kind of similar).

Gram

Banned
Awards

I can't really say which one is "best" but I'm partial to Terra's for some reason. xD

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin

That's a good question. Before BBS, I assumed Riku and Vanitas had the same stance because they were connected to each other. But now that we know that they have nothing to do with each other, it makes it odd that Vanitas has his battle stance.
swoosh since vanitas came before riku mean's riku is the one copying vanitas but like you said they have no connection kinda wired but i think i know why maybe cause young sora fight young riku in the island using his stance maybe that's how he learnd the stance cause sora and riku fight with wooden sword alot and i still believe riku sharing something with xehanort seriously they both have white hair both of them fell to darkness both of there keyblade have eye shape both use same stance

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards

She's likely means game wise. Chronologically Vanitas was first but game wise Riku did so yes in a since Vanitas is copying Riku for no apparent reason.
As for the stance itself look at Xehanort. When the Geezor attacks in his boss battle he does so with a stance similar to Riku and Vanitas both. Vanitas is his apprentice and Riku was possessed by his heartless later. Xehanorts the connection.

Rikus own stance didn't appear in KH1 till Hollow Bastion. Before that he didn't use that.
Though you have scenes of young Riku using it in CoM but that whole story was Soras memories being messed with so one will have to decide they're take on it.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin

i don't agree true sora memory's was messed up but it doesn't have to do anything with riku stance the point sora was using his stance since he was young riku as well namine only repliced kairi in sora's memory's and of course he lost more memory's anyway the point is sora remembering fighting riku and riku using his stance doesn't have to do anything with sora messed up memory

Articus

It wasnt even a flashback. It doesn't really count as anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back