• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Interesting things in the manga and novels

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Spikeyroxas

I liked the two "trinity limits" they show in the Chain of memories.
the first one where Donald and sora ride on goofys back towards Axel but crash into a wall, and Axel gets so entertained he lets them continue.

and the second one which actually works where Donald shoots fire into the air, sora uses blizzard on the fire and goofy uses tornado to disperse it towards Larxene which makes her electrocute herself which kills her.

i have no images to show these though.

blksabbath74

Is there any new news on the Mangas in English Translation?

I see a tentative date of December 2014 for 328/2 v4, but it can't be preordered, and I also noticed a BBS manga, but in Japanese.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I see a tentative date of December 2014 for 328/2 v4, but it can't be preordered, and I also noticed a BBS manga, but in Japanese.

You were probably seeing the novels, there haven't been any BBS mangas.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Vol. 4-5 & Kingdom Hearts II Vol. 3 to release late 2014 - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

You can only pre-order them from Barnes & Noble and Rightstuf (and a few other book retailers) right now. (Amazon and Hachette Book Group haven't made any progress with their talks so you won't find their new book listings on there, which includes Yen Press manga)

BBS doesn't have a manga.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is the novel;

1) Any good?
2) In English?

The novels expand on Aqua, Terra, Ven, Vanitas, and Eraqus' characters. Most consider it good. They are also considered 3rd tier canon.

No to the English part. Goldpanner has been translating the entire novel series for a few years now, and there are others online who have been doing the same if you are willing to look around.

If you want to read them officially, I suggest tweeting your interest to Yen Press since they have their new novel branch YenOn 8D

FangirlfromHell

Awards
For me from the novels it's the fact that the whole reason Ventus got cut down to Ven was because Terra literally kept screwing up the pronunciation. Possibly the cutest scene in the BBS novels. I can't wait to read it in actual English from a book one day. I can pray.

Sora341

Awards
Kingdom Hearts Manga

Are the manga series any good, and do they follow the story?
If so, can I get them in English?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Kingdom Hearts Manga

I find them to be quite entertaining. They are a lot more humorous than the games, which may be good or bad depending on your perception of the games. Shiro Amano has a way with the characters, managing to make them even more likable than their game counterparts are. Also they follow the games to a point. It is a looser adaption, so you'll find that certain events happen sooner or later or never at all.

Very few dislike the manga series. Let's say it like that xD I love them <3

Please utilize the following links to help you in your manga journey!

KINGDOM HEARTS Manga & Artbook Available for Pre-Order! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Vol. 4-5 & Kingdom Hearts II Vol. 3 Manga Release Dates! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

WanPisu

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Manga

I've only got the manga of KH1 and CoM, so far, but I'd say that they should be somewhat enjoyable for KH-fans.
See them as another, albeit inferior, way to experience the KH-adventure.

My only problem with the first series is that some of the battles were either rushed or non existant. Especially in the last Manga, where Maleficent doesn't transform into her dragon form, and anything that could resemble a battle like Ansem, lasts a few panels.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
My only problem with the first series is that some of the battles were either rushed or non existant. Especially in the last Manga, where Maleficent doesn't transform into her dragon form, and anything that could resemble a battle like Ansem, lasts a few panels.

Something that could have factored into this is that manga, like novels has deadlines to meet. There is also the fact that Maleficent's dragon form is not the easiest thing to draw even for professional artists. I do feel sad that Halloween Town was not included in the manga, and that Ansem's panel time was so short. I can only hope that Xemnas gets more panel time (which he does because of Days anyway) for his battle.

I think that if given the chance to do it over, Amano would have liked to do more with the first set of manga. If you've made it to the Kingdom Hearts II manga, you notice Mushu making references to having not been included in the first series.

lys

Found this at the back of my copy of Days vol. 4. Is it in the Japanese tankobon as well? I can't recall the scanlators doing it, probably because they use serialised chapters as a base.
Yes, this was in the original Japanese book too :) So sweet... Days volume 3 also has some (very very silly) 4-panel comics at the end!

Gull Wing

Awards
Definitely my two favorite pages from the manga:

FwxPBcS.jpg

5aAQ8du.jpg

hlc1988

Awards
When is it likely we will find out about KH2 Vol 4 release? And would this include the rest of KH2? I've only just brought the Manga. Waiting on the delivery of three others before I start reading but I've liked what I've browsed through so far.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
When is it likely we will find out about KH2 Vol 4 release? And would this include the rest of KH2? I've only just brought the Manga. Waiting on the delivery of three others before I start reading but I've liked what I've browsed through so far.

Certainly expect it to come this year. It would likely feature volumes 8 + 9 (If GanGan ever gets around to releasing a vol. 9)

Master_Aqua

I must say this thread is amazing and I've read the manga and I is pretty good hehe. I'm actually quite curious on how Larxene "dies" or fades away, I know it's different but I haven't seen it yet :(. She electrocutes herself but I can't help not actually seeing it. If anyone can post that, much would be appreciated ^_^.

Back