• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If KH3DHD is released...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mittens

Plus, SE is, for whatever reason, still seems to be taking down a lot of videos regarding anything showcasing the ending of the secret episode.

Yeah, I've noticed this too, what is going on with that?

Personally for a KH3DHD if it were to ever happen, which is looking highly likely now, I think it would somehow need to be released on the ps4. With the Dualshock 4 having the touch screen, I can possibly see them implementing some of the touch controls which are such a huge part of that game. Also, if it were to involve a KH3 demo, of course it would need to be on the ps4. I think those two possibilities are very likely, but I'm not too sure about any Chi stuff being included...

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If they release KH3DHD, they should include a KH III demo and also loads of extra cutscenes in the game that will help smooth out some details for KH III. I'd even use that as an opportunity to lighten the load of questions that need to be answered in KH III.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
If Nomura doesn't want DDD to ship by itself, and they'd want to capitalise on the profits, I can see Square Enix doing to exact same thing they're doing with Type-0 and FFXV. A short demo that is only available for paying customers with full-on voice acting (if they got two people in to record a few lines for am E3 trailer then they will get voices for a demo).

If x is never brought to the west (prove this wrong with #chitothewest), then I guess I'd like a new collectable in DDD, where you collect an item and it starts like a short video explaining parts of chi and you only get the full story by collecting them all.

I'd die if this is what Bill Farmer was working on.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If they release KH3DHD, they should include a KH III demo and also loads of extra cutscenes in the game that will help smooth out some details for KH III. I'd even use that as an opportunity to lighten the load of questions that need to be answered in KH III.
Yeah, unless he's going to really explain in-depth Time Travel in KH3, Nomura should put more explanation and stuff in KH3HD

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I think the greatest possible option for sales would be a KH: Ultimate RE:Mix with KH1, KH2, and DDD, Sora's 3 biggest journeys.
That wouldn't make any sense to do. If they did that, they would literally have to make another collection for CoM/BBS/Days/Coded to cover all of the gaps in your suggested collection.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a 3DHD game featuring a demo of KH3 and (possibly) a playable version of BbSv2/a movie version (which would be more likely). Plus, SE is, for whatever reason, still seems to be taking down a lot of videos regarding anything showcasing the ending of the secret episode.
BBSv2. ;~;

If there were going to be a DDD HD, then a KH3 demo would be brilliant strategic marketing. It would push copies of the new HD title and satiate fans for a little longer.

Even if BBSv2 didn't happen (please), perhaps doing a Chi story summary or a Chi movie would be possible. Chi has become far too important to leave fans outside of Japan from having something to explain it before KH3.

Xeyril

I'm starting to think that they'll have KH3DFM in HD on the PS4 along with some sort of KH3 demo, localize Chi but still for browsers, not bundled with KH3DFM, and maybe include cards for downloading Chi stuff

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm starting to think that they'll have KH3DFM in HD on the PS4 along with some sort of KH3 demo, localize Chi but still for browsers, not bundled with KH3DFM, and maybe include cards for downloading Chi stuff

Nope. Nomura said, he want's all of the games on one Console, so it's not possible without breaking that promise.

Anyways. I personally think it'll just be the HD Remaster/Remake. Really. We don't have anything besides of that, they could remaster.
And I don't think they'll release a totally new game/movie/whatever within the HD Remake. ^^

Sdog

Awards
Nope. Nomura said, he want's all of the games on one Console, so it's not possible without breaking that promise.

And what is stopping them from bringing the other remixes to PS4 along with it? Like you said yourself, with 3 being exclusively on the PS4 and Xbone, having the other collections and a DDD remaster being on it to keep the promise isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Muke

whatever
Awards
And what is stopping them from bringing the other remixes to PS4 along with it? Like you said yourself, with 3 being exclusively on the PS4 and Xbone, having the other collections and a DDD remaster being on it to keep the promise isn't out of the realm of possibility.

If they put the other Remixes on PS4/Xbox One/Both, the problem would be totally solved, you're right there!
It still isn't unlikely that the'll bring it to the Wii U, is it? It has Touchscreen, big Touchscreen, so that would be totally ok!

Sdog

Awards
It is very unlikely that we'll see the Remixes come to the Wii U. Possible? Perhaps. Though more than likely not worth the time due to the market for it, since it might not make a profit.

While the Wii U touch pad does make sense from a technical standpoint for atleast DDD, Square Enix seems to have little to no interest in the system. The most they gave it was the Deus Ex re-release at launch of the console, other than that I'm drawing a blank.

Muke

whatever
Awards
It is very unlikely that we'll see the Remixes come to the Wii U. Possible? Perhaps. Though more than likely not worth the time due to the market for it, since it might not make a profit.

Sorry, I should've worded that better. I meant them to bring especially DDD to the Wii U. ^^
The other Remixes indeed are very unlikely.

Sdog

Awards
Sorry, I should've worded that better. I meant them to bring especially DDD to the Wii U. ^^

Like I said before, while it could probably work from a technical standpoint for DDD and it would be nice to give back again to the platform, the support from Square to that system just doesn't seem to be there.

MegaRay

SE is testing the water with type 0 and XV demo. If that sold too well (which im sure it will) then they'll do kh3d hd with kh3 demo.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Using that logic, you'd have to bring KH3 to the PS3.

If they put the other Remixes on PS4/Xbox One/Both, the problem would be totally solved, you're right there!
It still isn't unlikely that the'll bring it to the Wii U, is it? It has Touchscreen, big Touchscreen, so that would be totally ok!
It's more likely that the games, even DDD, would go to Xbox One than they would to the Wii U.

Muke

whatever
Awards
It's more likely that the games, even DDD, would go to Xbox One than they would to the Wii U.

I think you're pretty right there, the Wii U doesn't sell that good.
Anyways, back to the Topic:

Even though I said that it's unlikely that they'd bring a totally new game within a Remake, it would be totally cool if we finally get BbS Volume 2. Seriously, I'm a little bit more hyped on that game, as III. (Even though it's not announced yet, lol)

I think, if III will not come out this year, they could release whether the Remake of 3D, or just BbS 2. It would fit with 2.5 anyways, so...

Xeyril

Anyways. I personally think it'll just be the HD Remaster/Remake. Really. We don't have anything besides of that, they could remaster.
And I don't think they'll release a totally new game/movie/whatever within the HD Remake. ^^

So you're saying it would be breaking some promise if only DDD went on ps4, but not if it went on wii u?
Also, what promise? Has nomura ever promised that every game would come out on the ps3?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm. A KH3DHD you say? Well, I agree pretty much most to of the earlier posts, that an KHIII demo would be very nice. Maybe just a small world with testing out the new gameplay.

Also an KH3DFM versions sounds interesting. If they added a new secret boss(one of the Norts) or some other stuff, I would gladly buy it. Oh, and the ability to play Riku`s 4 last bosses again. Anti Black Coat Nightmare was such a fun boss. :)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
That wouldn't make any sense to do. If they did that, they would literally have to make another collection for CoM/BBS/Days/Coded to cover all of the gaps in your suggested collection.

I'm not saying it's the best for consistency, I'm saying it'd be the easiest way to sell copies of a collection with DDD in it for PS4/Xbone. Please, COM/Coded/Days aren't exactly title sellers.

SephirothZ

Has nomura ever promised that every game would come out on the ps3?

He did say he was going to try to get every game on one console to get the whole fanbase and the new fanbase caught up for KH3. However, I forget his exact wording when he said it (which was also a translation in itself).

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm not saying it's the best for consistency, I'm saying it'd be the easiest way to sell copies of a collection with DDD in it for PS4/Xbone. Please, COM/Coded/Days aren't exactly title sellers.
No it's not. If they're doing a PS4 bundle collection then it might as well be the entire saga and not a bundle that would make a new player want to rip their hair out from confusion. Which, is entirely counterproductive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back