• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Look Back: Director's Secret Report XIII

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Re: A Look Back: Director's Secret Report XIII

When a Nobody is defeated, it's a little complicated. If the heart has been released they will return to their original form as mentioned above, but if the heart is still dispossessed by a Heartless, the Nobody will be swallowed by darkness. If their heart, wherever it is in the realm, could be taken back perhaps they could return to their original human form.
Makes you wonder what would happen if Sora defeated Xemnas first lol..

After reading part IX I got to thinking about Sora's parents when he was sleeping.
Mom: What do you suppose happened to our kid? What was his... or her name again?
Dad: Kid? What kid?

Really good read. Lots of information to soak in, but there isn't much that contradicts the other titles made since then.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

And I'd love to keep her that way. A lot of people take issue with the vagueness that is the existence of Namine, but I like that she's a glitch in the system. I like that she's unexplainable and an anomaly. I think anomalies are what the series is about.

It's what makes Namine truly one of the most interesting characters of the series. She's the great unknown!

Re-reading all of this though makes me scratch my head in regards to the "Nomura makes things up as he goes"-statement that often gets brought up especially by those who like to heavily criticize the story.

I think Grass explained it perfectly, but it should also be noted that Nomura said straight out that he makes a lot of this stuff up as he goes in an interview sometime before/after KH3D's release and it has done nothing but reaffirm the belief by fans.

It seems I already read this long ago .... But wow, thank you for this detailed translation guys, it actually makes you feel Nomura had everything planned since then (while still adding things here and there). Hopefully, some of the complaining will stop now, at least for thos who have access to this tread.

Oh trust me, people will still complain. He tends to plan things in segments. When he was working on KH1, he already had ideas for what eventually became CoM and KH2 laid out. During KH2 he was planning what became Days and BBS, certain things spurred on the inspiration for Re:coded...

Nomura is very good at concept building & planning. Implementation is where opinions begin to differ...

Makes you wonder what would happen if Sora defeated Xemnas first lol..

Somehow, considering Xehanort as character with an ambitious nature, I doubt it'd have been any different beyond the speed of revival.

After reading part IX I got to thinking about Sora's parents when he was sleeping.
Mom: What do you suppose happened to our kid? What was his... or her name again?
Dad: Kid? What kid?

lol xD

They probably didn't even remember they had a child, which is utterly depressing...and if they were self-aware of the fact after remembering, it'd be even worse.

NowakiMagica

Website
www.nowaki-magica.blogspot.com

There is something that totally bothers me.

Nomura said that Mickey has chosen his keyblade because of Sora.
But Mickey already had his keyblade in bbs, long before Sora was able to wield his own
Did Mickey change his keyblade in order to fit to Sora's one? (since Mickey's current keyblade looks different than in bbs).

Besides that, I'm totally impressed how Nomura planned the whole thing for such a long time now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

There is something that totally bothers me.

Nomura said that Mickey has chosen his keyblade because of Sora.
But Mickey already had his keyblade in bbs, long before Sora was able to wield his own
Did Mickey change his keyblade in order to fit to Sora's one? (since Mickey's current keyblade looks different than in bbs).

Besides that, I'm totally impressed how Nomura planned the whole thing for such a long time now.

Mickey needed a Keyblade from the Realm of Darkness in order to aid Sora in closing the Door to Darkness. Mickey knew that things would come down to that and so it was important that he prepared for that issue and thus led him on his journey to the Realm of Darkness. Because Star Seeker is a Realm of Light Keyblade, it wouldn't have done the job. Thus, Kingdom Key D.

Also, the thing with Realm of Darkness Keyblades is that they aren't easy to find/gain (and apparently Mickey had an adventure there that is still untold to a degree.)

Edit: I failed to mention that Mickey still wields Star Seeker. He has two Keyblades now and alternates between them depending on the situation.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Edit: I failed to mention that Mickey still wields Star Seeker. He has two Keyblades now and alternates between them depending on the situation.

In addition to this (as this question is probably sure to come up), the reason why Mickey doesn't dual wield them is because he doesn't have a second heart inside him. Dual Wielding is only possible when having somehow two hearts, thus Mickey can only wield one of the blades at the same time and has to choose which one he pulls out.

NowakiMagica

Website
www.nowaki-magica.blogspot.com

Mickey needed a Keyblade from the Realm of Darkness in order to aid Sora in closing the Door to Darkness. Mickey knew that things would come down to that and so it was important that he prepared for that issue and thus led him on his journey to the Realm of Darkness. Because Star Seeker is a Realm of Light Keyblade, it wouldn't have done the job. Thus, Kingdom Key D.

Also, the thing with Realm of Darkness Keyblades is that they aren't easy to find/gain (and apparently Mickey had an adventure there that is still untold to a degree.)

Thank you for the quick answer!
Now I got it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back