• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora 3 Keyblades

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

χBladeMaster

Destiny Islands, finally winning races against Rik
So Sora can wield 3 keyblades in the Roxas fight in KH2FM because the fight is taking place within Sora's heart, and thus 3 hearts exist there (his own, Ventus', and the one Roxas grew during his time at the Organization), right?

I am reluctant to just call this a gameplay gimmick. I'm sure the developers allowed for this to occur for a reason. If the fight is taking place within Sora's heart, and Sora is technically in control over himself, Roxas, and Ventus, it would make sense for him to be able to wield all 3 keyblades, yes?

Wander

It's a gameplay gimmick. The fight took place in Sora's consciousness, real world rules don't necessairly have to apply there.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'd say it's gameplay mechanic too for the reasons mentioned above, though theoretically Sora should be able to tri-wield given the circumstances. I just think in that particular fight it doesn't count because it was added in for FM and nothing in the cutscenes suggest that Sora tri-wielded nor that the fight was very long.

BEASTENDER

I just made a topic about this a little before you made yours.

While I can agree that it wasn't canon, as you need to be a very specific form for it to even work, in this fight it makes total sense. As Roxas is really just one part of Sora's heart, I think it makes sense for him to only to be able to use two as Ventus is an entirely different entity. Sora was actually taking his own keyblades back. I just wanted to point it out since many fans don't know about it, since it's very specific. If a player uses a drive form in that fight, it's usually Final Form.

I made this a topic in the past, and for whatever reason it got really heated. It was an argument over the fact that Dual Wielding is Sora's ability and not Roxas's, since it's Ventus's heart that allows Sora to dual wield, not Roxas. (Roxas and Xion can only wield a keyblade because Sora can). But yea, I even had to leave the site for a while. So just a friendly warning.

χBladeMaster

I just made a topic about this a little before you made yours.

While I can agree that it wasn't canon, as you need to be a very specific form for it to even work, in this fight it makes total sense. As Roxas is really just one part of Sora's heart, I think it makes sense for him to only to be able to use two as Ventus is an entirely different entity. Sora was actually taking his own keyblades back. I just wanted to point it out since many fans don't know about it, since it's very specific. If a player uses a drive form in that fight, it's usually Final Form.

I made this a topic in the past, and for whatever reason it got really heated. It was an argument over the fact that Dual Wielding is Sora's ability and not Roxas's, since it's Ventus's heart that allows Sora to dual wield, not Roxas. (Roxas and Xion can only wield a keyblade because Sora can). But yea, I even had to leave the site for a while. So just a friendly warning.

Wait are you talking about limit form? You don't have to be in limit form to triple wield. If you do the reaction sequence during the fight in normal state, you can still fight with all three keyblades.

I agree that this might not be canon (as in, Roxas probably won't come up to Sora in KH III and say "hey remember when you stole my keyblades that one time?"), but I still think it's entirely possible.

And that's okay :p I enjoy discussion. Although I'm not sure why there was debate, as Nomura has directly come out and said that Sora can dual wield at any point after he reabsorbs Roxas.

BEASTENDER

χBladeMaster;6248455 said:
Wait are you talking about limit form? You don't have to be in limit form to triple wield. If you do the reaction sequence during the fight in normal state, you can still fight with all three keyblades.

I agree that this might not be canon (as in, Roxas probably won't come up to Sora in KH III and say "hey remember when you stole my keyblades that one time?"), but I still think it's entirely possible.

And that's okay :p I enjoy discussion. Although I'm not sure why there was debate, as Nomura has directly come out and said that Sora can dual wield at any point after he reabsorbs Roxas.

It's the only way to truly use all 3. They act on their own a bit when you're base Sora as that's a part of the reaction command, but with any other Drive Form tan Limit Form, they are stationary. I hear you have to hack it for it to work with anything else, while they become very active with limit form. Here's a video of what it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-waxkcWCWzg

Wander

You can only use Limit Form in the battle, every other form requires another party member while the fight is strictly Sora only.

χBladeMaster

It's the only way to truly use all 3. They act on their own a bit when you're base Sora as that's a part of the reaction command, but with any other Drive Form tan Limit Form, they are stationary. I hear you have to hack it for it to work with anything else, while they become very active with limit form. Here's a video of what it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-waxkcWCWzg

Try an aerial combo (complete with aerial finisher) with base Sora. The other 2 keyblades go berserk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back