• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Posession

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Im confused between XH posessing Riku and MX posessing Terra

When XH posessed Riku the only change he went through was a double voice. 1) why didnt terra have tjat when he got posessed? He had a completely brand new voice. 2) when mx posessed terra he changed his hair, skin, and eyes. But when XH possessed riku went through no change. Why didn't his eyes turn orange like XH?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
well for one, MX was turning terra into his permanent vessel. XH, however, was only using riku to tug at sora's heartstrings and he already had a perfectly good body (terra) his old self acquired ten short years ago.

Anagram

Banned
well for one, MX was turning terra into his permanent vessel. XH, however, was only using riku to tug at sora's heartstrings and he already had a perfectly good body (terra) his old self acquired ten short years ago.

But Ansem didn't have Terra's body Xemnas did. Xemnas=Apprentice Xehanorts body, Apprentice Xehanort's body=Terra's body.

I think it could just be plot related. Birth by Sleep wasn't thought of during KH1 right? Meaning the whole yellow eyes gag and Xehanort wasn't either. Nomura also had to explain how old man becomes young man from KH2 flashbacks so he got a more merged look.

Samhain

Bronze Member
But Ansem didn't have Terra's body Xemnas did. Xemnas=Apprentice Xehanorts body, Apprentice Xehanort's body=Terra's body.

I think it could just be plot related. Birth by Sleep wasn't thought of during KH1 right? Meaning the whole yellow eyes gag and Xehanort wasn't either. Nomura also had to explain how old man becomes young man from KH2 flashbacks so he got a more merged look.
Which still contradicts KH1's possession.

There is no difference because it was MX heart possessing Terra, while ASoD's heart was possessing Riku, yet they went through completely different transformations, which makes no sense at all because BOTH of them were resisting. As a matter of fact Riku was resisting till near the end when ASoD kicked his heart into the RoD.

Btw ASoD had no body to the other poster. Xemnas took Terra's body. Ansem SoD was a heart, and he was pretty frail.

Anagram

Banned

There is no difference because it was MX heart possessing Terra, while ASoD's heart was possessing Riku, yet they went through completely different transformations, which makes no sense at all because BOTH of them were resisting. As a matter of fact Riku was resisting till near the end when ASoD kicked his heart into the RoD.
Riku didn't resist till Ansem tried to hurt Kairi. Whether it contradicts or not wasn't a concern of mine either since I was speaking from a development angle. I was pointing out I just attribute it to information added later after Kh1 existed. During KH1 nothing past KH2 ideas was thought of so naturally the difference shows.

If your looking for a in-universe answer your probably not going to find one outside guesses.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
@incognito_ i stand corrected

Btw ASoD had no body to the other poster. Xemnas took Terra's body. Ansem SoD was a heart, and he was pretty frail.

XH was a heart and had no permanent need for a body, so i don't believe he wanted or even had to fight hard for it considering riku gave in willingly. also keep in mind terra was inside so he may have helped fought XH's influence.

(but on the other hand, xemnas had a heart so XH may be MX's heart so scratch that) i'd chalk it up to bbs not being a thought during kh's creation and an oversight on nomura's part, hence forcing terra's and apprentice xehanort's similarity in appearance.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Really? Then why is it when Vanitas and Ven fuse "Venitas" has a double voice just like Riku-Ansem did?

It makes no sense. I figured the reason why Venitas and Rikunort had a double voice is because they were resisting, but Terra was clearly resisting and yet "Xehanort" had a completely brand new voice, wtf?

Plothole

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Really? Then why is it when Vanitas and Ven fuse "Venitas" has a double voice just like Riku-Ansem did?

It makes no sense. I figured the reason why Venitas and Rikunort had a double voice is because they were resisting, but Terra was clearly resisting and yet "Xehanort" had a completely brand new voice, wtf?

Plothole
I just chalk up the double voice with Venitas and Riku-Ansem as rule of creepy with Terra-nort having a different voice...just because. It could maybe have something to do with compatibility or that something didn't quite sync when Venitas and Ansem possessed Ventus and Riku, causing the double voice.

Last edited:

hlc1988

Awards
Riku didn't resist till Ansem tried to hurt Kairi. Whether it contradicts or not wasn't a concern of mine either since I was speaking from a development angle. I was pointing out I just attribute it to information added later after Kh1 existed. During KH1 nothing past KH2 ideas was thought of so naturally the difference shows.

If your looking for a in-universe answer your probably not going to find one outside guesses.

I honestly think that as soon as ASOD took Riku's body, he would have started to resist. I don't think he realised he was going to be possessed, have his body ripped from his control...we just didn't or haven't seen/heard of that initial resistance yet - I don't think Riku would have been that pleased, even if he did submit willingly... He was quite naive. Threatening Kairi was just the last straw and it gave Ansem the excuse to rip Riku's heart out of his own body and send it to the Realm of Darkness.

As for the question of this thread... I think Ansem wanted to freak Sora out by allowing him to see his friend in this way, being completely evil. Ansem only shaped Riku's body to the form we see him in after the Hollow Bastion fight. So he did change the body he had possessed but only after Sora had freed Kairi's heart.

Though, thinking about this topic has made me wonder how Riku got his body back... Wouldn't it have been destroyed when Sora defeated Ansem? How does that work when it comes to possessing another persons body?

Anagram

Banned

Plothole
It's a real plothole when the thing you see a hole in is headcanon. The only reason that makes sense is somewhere on the development level. Either oversight or whatever reason you want to give it. If that isn't good enough then I don't know what to tell you. Message Nomura or something because he's the only one that can give you a definite answer here.

I honestly think that as soon as ASOD took Riku's body, he would have started to resist. I don't think he realised he was going to be possessed, have his body ripped from his control...we just didn't or haven't seen/heard of that initial resistance yet - I don't think Riku would have been that pleased, even if he did submit willingly... He was quite naive. Threatening Kairi was just the last straw and it gave Ansem the excuse to rip Riku's heart out of his own body and send it to the Realm of Darkness.
I remembered that Riku said "he used all the power he [Ansem] had to give" in Chain of Memories when he fought Sora so I just assumed he was willing for a while. Since it would be weird to say that if he was resisting from the start. :confused:

Last edited:

hlc1988

Awards
I remembered that Riku said "he used all the power he [Ansem] had to give" in Chain of Memories when he fought Sora so I just assumed he was willing for a while. Since it would be weird to say that if he was resisting from the start. :confused:

Well that could be true... Personally, for me, I just don't like the idea that Riku really wanted to kill Sora which Ansem was trying to do in that battle. How aware was Riku when he was possessed? Or was he sharing control? (I don't think Ansem would have been happy with that). At the start of the Hollow Bastion duel, Sora realises that Riku is not Riku and Ansem explains who he is. I don't think any of what Riku does after his possession is him. He may have been ok with the idea of having the power to defeat Sora but its a shaky area... but losing control of his body?

It's an area that needs exploring I think... to clear up the confusion surrounding this part.

Maybe... Riku was 'sleeping' but has memories of what Ansem did when he was using him and threatening Kairi woke Riku up so he fought back. Terra knew what was going on so could resist from the start. Riku didn't know what he was getting himself into when accepting Ansem.

Anagram

Banned
Well that could be true... Personally, for me, I just don't like the idea that Riku really wanted to kill Sora which Ansem was trying to do in that battle. How aware was Riku when he was possessed? Or was he sharing control? (I don't think Ansem would have been happy with that). At the start of the Hollow Bastion duel, Sora realises that Riku is not Riku and Ansem explains who he is. I don't think any of what Riku does after his possession is him. He may have been ok with the idea of having the power to defeat Sora but its a shaky area... but losing control of his body?

It's an area that needs exploring I think... to clear up the confusion surrounding this part.

Maybe... Riku was 'sleeping' but has memories of what Ansem did when he was using him and threatening Kairi woke Riku up so he fought back. Terra knew what was going on so could resist from the start. Riku didn't know what he was getting himself into when accepting Ansem.
Well Riku tried to kill Sora earlier when he dents that dark blast at him and Goofy blocks it. I think Riku was willing personally. He was dark obsessed at the time and Ansem had buttloads of darkness.

hlc1988

Awards
Well Riku tried to kill Sora earlier when he dents that dark blast at him and Goofy blocks it. I think Riku was willing personally. He was dark obsessed at the time and Ansem had buttloads of darkness.

Is he really trying to kill him or is he just trying to defeat Sora to prove he is stronger? Has it ever been stated that Riku was trying to kill Sora or has it been left open to viewer interpretation? This is when we need the opinion of the KH team lol.

If Riku was trying to kill Sora, it makes Sora very forgiving of his actions.

Anagram

Banned
Is he really trying to kill him or is he just trying to defeat Sora to prove he is stronger? Has it ever been stated that Riku was trying to kill Sora or has it been left open to viewer interpretation? This is when we need the opinion of the KH team lol.

If Riku was trying to kill Sora, it makes Sora very forgiving of his actions.

You don't throw a ball of dark destructive fire at someone that's defenseless if your just out to prove your stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back