• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nitpicks and the little things

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
Needing to be a certain Arena Level to unlock something. It gets tedious trying to raise it so you can finish all the matches.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
  • group commands in bbs yet no multiplayer
  • how slow saving takes in bbs
  • dire need for second chance/once more in critical mode of II
  • no retry button in II's death screen
  • atlantica. especially when you have to pause during musicals and are forced to restart or quit
  • leveling up drive forms
  • lack of dodge roll

and so on

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
no retry button in II's death screen
I just want to talk about how this is driving me up the wall. I know that's how the original KH2 worked, but there was nothing preventing them from including a Retry button in 2005, either. They had just then added a scene skip button, it's like Square's game developers and programmers were perpetually trapped in the game design rules of 5 years earlier.

And then they make it worse, by having KH2 only save your checkpoints rooms and rooms ago. If you lose the first Lightcycles game in Space Paranoids, it boots you back to Hollow Bastion. I don't know what's worse: the lack of common courtesy, or the loading screens!

(There are reasons KH2 does these things, but a tighter designed project would have come up with creative solutions. With the Lightcycles, the game doesn't want to trap you in the minigame with no way to leave or grind. The easy answer to the Lightcycles problem is to put the player back in the cell with, let's say, Sark standing in the door, refusing to let you leave but offering to let you replay. The console would let you return to Hollow Bastion if you need to grind.

I'm pulling ideas here from Shining Force 1 (use Egress in the second battle, even though you should no longer have a save point to return to) and Phantasy Star III (use an escapipe during the opening sequence to break the game with a hilarious contingency message). These are games ~ten years older than KH2! Yes, it takes effort, but to not take the effort damages the product and to take the effort improves my respect for the product instead of leaving it at neutral.)

Last edited:

Samhain

Bronze Member
My biggest nitpick?
The DISGRACEFUL scene with TAV fighting MX and Van. Remember how epic it was in the kh2se? How in the hell dont you have fate of the unknown playing? It was too damn short.
Why did they remove Vanitas using thundaga on Terra
They removed MX blocking terras attacks and freezing his entire arm
Terras eyes dont become yellow:(

Anagram

Banned
  • group commands in bbs yet no multiplayer
  • how slow saving takes in bbs
  • dire need for second chance/once more in critical mode of II
  • no retry button in II's death screen
  • atlantica. especially when you have to pause during musicals and are forced to restart or quit
  • leveling up drive forms
  • lack of dodge roll

and so on
So much to agree with on this list. lol
The first one still baffles me. What is the point of group commands, customizable armor, or even armor at all in the Mirage Arena when it is no longer multiplayer? Annoys me every time.

Sora never did tell Riku about Santa. That prick.

lol

Narxus

My biggest nitpick?
The DISGRACEFUL scene with TAV fighting MX and Van. Remember how epic it was in the kh2se? How in the hell dont you have fate of the unknown playing? It was too damn short.
Why did they remove Vanitas using thundaga on Terra
They removed MX blocking terras attacks and freezing his entire arm
Terras eyes dont become yellow:(

I understand why they didn't have Terra's eyes turning yellow, as quite frankly would have made no sense. Everything else though I completely agree with. Everything just felt so rushed and incoherent.
*Master Xehanort and Vanitas just ascended on a really large rock, I'm just gonna...look up again even though I was already looking up in the last shot
*Holy crap, Vanitas is riding a keyblade tornado at us, we're just gonna...run away like pansies and do absolutely nothing to defend ourselves
*Holy crap, Terra's being attacked by a keyblade tornado, I have to-HOLY SHIT WHY DID IT JUST SPRING OUT FROM THE GROUND BENEATH ME!?!?!?!?!? AND WHERE THE HELL DID MY HELMET GO!?!?!?!?!?
*Good gosh, I just got attacked by a keyblade tornado, then a barrier erected around me, then it exploded, now I've fallen to the ground with my enemy ten feet in front of me, now I need to...you know what, I'm gonna rest here for a second. Yeah, this seems like a good place to catch my breath. Let's just watch him brandish his weapon for nor reason
*Holy crap, I just got frozen and thrown to the ground. Fortunately, I only barely scraped the mountain on the way down with the butt of my keyblade, so there's no real dama- WAIT, WHERE THE HELL DID MY HELMET GO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

On a side not, while I missed Xehanort cracking Ven's helmet and Aqua and Ven sharing that panicked look, I feel like they almost made up for it with the way they had Aqua say Ven's name. I don't why, but something about the way Willa Holland delivered that line really sold the panic and fear that was necessary for the scene.

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
What I never understood about that was why they didn't just replay the secret video when, again, Terra's eyes are the only real problem and are the easiest thing to crop, since they're at the end. Did they feel it would take the wind out of earning the real video in KH2? Why waste the money and hours of work for an inferior version to correct one mistake? (Two, if you count the capes?)

Narxus

What I never understood about that was why they didn't just replay the secret video when, again, Terra's eyes are the only real problem and are the easiest thing to crop, since they're at the end. Did they feel it would take the wind out of earning the real video in KH2? Why waste the money and hours of work for an inferior version to correct one mistake? (Two, if you count the capes?)

Their are a couple of reasons I think they decided against that idea, most of them continuity issues. For one thing, there are a couple of actual events that play out in the video that wouldn't have flowed into the parts that come after, such as Ventus' Keyblade getting smashed during his fall. Obviously, there was the issues with the capes, but I don't think it helped either that it showed Terra and Aqua were shown wielding Ends of the Earth and Stormfall, when Earthshaker and Rainfell were later replaced as their signature weapons (though I much prefer Ends of the Earth and Stormfall to their watered down knockoffs) as well as Ven's Wayward Wind retaining it's original design before the teeth were switched around.

There's also the issue of their muteness in the original video. Obviously they couldn't have TAV say much during the original video due to a lack of cast members, but they clearly wanted to have them be a little more vocal in game. This becomes something of a problem later in the battle as helmets are removed and it becomes difficult to add words where none were before. For example, in the game Terra calls out Ven's name after Xehanort grabs the latter's helmet, while in the original video, Terra's helmet is damaged enough to see his mouth and it's pretty obvious that he's not saying much. Granted, this issue could have been worked around, but it would still wouldn't help with all of the other issues it would have presented.

Personally, I just think if they had tried a little harder, the version of the battle in the game could have been just enough better that we wouldn't really need to be having these conversations. Instead, we got the very clunky sporadic version that just doesn't hold the epicness of the original

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Yeah, all very good points.

Personally, I just think if they had tried a little harder, the version of the battle in the game could have been just enough better that we wouldn't really need to be having these conversations. Instead, we got the very clunky sporadic version that just doesn't hold the epicness of the original

And we get to watch it three times!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
demyx fight is aggravating. keep going into limit form when dark sora shows up and demyx kills me on his last bar of health. would appreciate second chance and once more sooner.

Samhain

Bronze Member
I understand why they didn't have Terra's eyes turning yellow, as quite frankly would have made no sense. Everything else though I completely agree with. Everything just felt so rushed and incoherent.
*Master Xehanort and Vanitas just ascended on a really large rock, I'm just gonna...look up again even though I was already looking up in the last shot
*Holy crap, Vanitas is riding a keyblade tornado at us, we're just gonna...run away like pansies and do absolutely nothing to defend ourselves
*Holy crap, Terra's being attacked by a keyblade tornado, I have to-HOLY SHIT WHY DID IT JUST SPRING OUT FROM THE GROUND BENEATH ME!?!?!?!?!? AND WHERE THE HELL DID MY HELMET GO!?!?!?!?!?
*Good gosh, I just got attacked by a keyblade tornado, then a barrier erected around me, then it exploded, now I've fallen to the ground with my enemy ten feet in front of me, now I need to...you know what, I'm gonna rest here for a second. Yeah, this seems like a good place to catch my breath. Let's just watch him brandish his weapon for nor reason
*Holy crap, I just got frozen and thrown to the ground. Fortunately, I only barely scraped the mountain on the way down with the butt of my keyblade, so there's no real dama- WAIT, WHERE THE HELL DID MY HELMET GO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

On a side not, while I missed Xehanort cracking Ven's helmet and Aqua and Ven sharing that panicked look, I feel like they almost made up for it with the way they had Aqua say Ven's name. I don't why, but something about the way Willa Holland delivered that line really sold the panic and fear that was necessary for the scene.
Very, very disappointing.
Why did they not play Fate of the Unknown?

SephirothZ

demyx fight is aggravating. keep going into limit form when dark sora shows up and demyx kills me on his last bar of health. would appreciate second chance and once more sooner.

I found demyx quite hard as well. I thought my angry days over video games were over, but I was genuinely frustrated with that fight. I think I went a whole minute of getting pummeled and could do nothing about it. Anti-Sora is a freaking beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back