• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Poor Aurora. Gets the same treatment here that she got in the movie but this time with even less character development and dialogue. I had a BBS disney movie marathon before starting the playthrough.

Agreed. I find it ironic that she was considerably less developed here than in a movie made at a time when her character was essentially a product of the times. She literally had only ONE scene where she talked at all...and it was a freaking flashback that Ventus stumbles upon because the plot demanded it!

I noticed that too. There was definitely something wrong with the PSP version. Either the music and the visual prompt were not synced up, or the time interval for a successful "hit" was off/ too unforgiving. I don't know which it was but it did not feel natural to play. This new version however feels exactly how it should.

It's funny you mention that, because there was a similar problem with those visual prompts for Yuna in Dissidia Duedecim as well.

I did it!!! I best No Heart with Aqua! His strategy was basically Vanitas Remnants. Mine square and guard.
I'm still having trouble with ice cream beat though.

Nice! No Heart was a pain in my arse when trying to tackle him in the PSP version (being level 56 didn't particularly help, mind you).

Just keep plugging along with Ice Cream Beat. The timing, at least is more merciful in comparison.

I've found if I spend a few hours going through the same song I quickly get the hang of it... It troubled me too at first but it is possible if you press X just as it reaches the small circle. If that makes sense!

Believe me (and plenty of people on here), the PSP version was MUCH worse. As you said, if you press X just as it reaches the small circle, you should do fine. Problem was, as rawpower surmised, either the visual and audio sync was off or the time interval/button input was off making the game infinitely more frustrating to play.

Anagram

Banned
I've found if I spend a few hours going through the same song I quickly get the hang of it... It troubled me too at first but it is possible if you press X just as it reaches the small circle. If that makes sense!
It makes sense and that is what I do. I am still unable to get fantastic in any of the master courses and the minigame is to frustrating to keep trying. I guess I just hate it to much. I did give it a go though. xD

Nice! No Heart was a pain in my arse when trying to tackle him in the PSP version (being level 56 didn't particularly help, mind you).
I wasn't even level 50 when I fought him. I believe Aqua was around 47 in level. Her unique guard and double jump was the life saver.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I wasn't even level 50 when I fought him. I believe Aqua was around 47 in level. Her unique guard and double jump was the life saver.

In other words, I didn't stratergize well enough. I was at least able to defeat Eraqus' Armor of the Master easily enough, I just didn't get the chance to get a good pattern on No Heart.

Ah well, they at least made him easier to handle in this game...if only because online multiplayer is no longer a thing. T-T

Anagram

Banned
In other words, I didn't stratergize well enough. I was at least able to defeat Eraqus' Armor of the Master easily enough, I just didn't get the chance to get a good pattern on No Heart.

Ah well, they at least made him easier to handle in this game...if only because online multiplayer is no longer a thing. T-T
To my own surprise the strategy I developed to win for No Heart was simpler than you'd expect. Mine Square. That is literally it.
I used Aqua's Lightbloom shotlock to get past the first part of the match were his keyblade makes that wall. Then for the second half when he fights directly I just use mine square when I can and spent the rest of my time guarding with renewal barrier.
The only time you need worry about double jumping is when you see him jump. If he's in the air and doesn't have wings then you better either jump or use cure and hope leaf bracer negates the shock wave.
It also helped that I managed to fire off a few rytheme mixers thanks to the mine squares.

I felt like Eraqus and Monstro were the easiest extra bosses. I lost fighting Eraqus but it was just a matter of dodge and shotlock.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
To my own surprise the strategy I developed to win for No Heart was simpler than you'd expect. Mine Square. That is literally it.
I used Aqua's Lightbloom shotlock to get past the first part of the match were his keyblade makes that wall. Then for the second half when he fights directly I just use mine square when I can and spent the rest of my time guarding with renewal barrier.
The only time you need worry about double jumping is when you see him jump. If he's in the air and doesn't have wings then you better either jump or use cure and hope leaf bracer negates the shock wave.
It also helped that I managed to fire off a few rytheme mixers thanks to the mine squares.

I felt like Eraqus and Monstro were the easiest extra bosses. I lost fighting Eraqus but it was just a matter of dodge and shotlock.

Damn, you weren't kidding when you said you tapped into the Vanitas Remnant battle for this one. XD

But yeah, Lightbloom is a godsend for that battle (I know it definitely was for Eraqus). I would make some headway, but for some reason, something always got me before I could fire off. Renewal block is definitely a must (there was no way that I could have defeated Young Master Xehanort without it), and the Mine Squares I can easily replace with Seeker Mines for Aqua.

And yes, Monstro was pathetically easy. Eraqus was, too, but at least that battle forced you to (mostly) keep on your toes.

Anagram

Banned
Damn, you weren't kidding when you said you tapped into the Vanitas Remnant battle for this one. XD

But yeah, Lightbloom is a godsend for that battle (I know it definitely was for Eraqus). I would make some headway, but for some reason, something always got me before I could fire off. Renewal block is definitely a must (there was no way that I could have defeated Young Master Xehanort without it), and the Mine Squares I can easily replace with Seeker Mines for Aqua.

And yes, Monstro was pathetically easy. Eraqus was, too, but at least that battle forced you to (mostly) keep on your toes.
lol

Firing off for No Heart or Eraqus? For Eraqus I accepted your gonna take at least one hit before firing so I just waited till he did that move with the beams of light that rotate and go up and down.
For No Heart don't even bother. You'll barely have time to send off mines let alone a shotlock during the second phase.

Mine Squares work in a surprising way. I noticed when I fought No Heart that some of his projectile attacks couldn't get past the mines. But don't bank on that strategy. Nearly everything else gets past them easy. lol

Eraqus also is different for each character. The style he fights with reflects the challenger.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Trust me, it took me hours to get the damn timing down and I still get hit every once in a while. By the time I was done, I wasn't sure how much of it was me finally getting the timing right and how much of it was luck actually being on my side for a change. Luxord's mini game in his Data battle (which you have to do at least once in order to defeat him) is INFURIATING because of this.

One very important thing to note about the Xemnas Data battle is that you fight the solo one first. Once you beat that, you automatically go to the menu screen which shows that Riku is now in your party and you can then adjust equipment there. What I did was give him nothing but Elixirs for that battle. Saved me more than once, especially near the end.

Great to hear! I only ever beat that guy as Aqua. Ventus, from what I've heard, can do decently well against him, but I've heard far too many horror stories involving that battle using Terra.

This weekend I finally managed to get 72 points on that annoying Mushroom I.
Many people seem to loathe Mushroom VIII as the most frustrating one, but for me it was definitely No. I.

After twenty or so bouts in a row where I only managed around 62 points, I went off and did the 10.000 point challenge on the Titan Paradox Cup instead, scratching that "task" off Jiminy's list as well.
It gets quite easy if you let yourself get into red health and then summon stitch as when you're in red HP he plays the ukelele non-stop and showers you with medals.
With the Wishing Lamp as well as my own Jackpot ability equipped I got 4200 points in one round by just letting stitch play ukelele, finishing with a limit just before the summon gauge runs out.
Since you can call stitch two times per round, I got around 8400 points already in the first round of the cup so I could get the required points by the second round and then just focus on destroying enemies fast (Magnega + Thundaga, with Stitch "licking" your MP bar you can cast almost non-stop) until I get to Hercules.

After that I got back to the Mushroom and finally got the damn thing after 11 more tries.
With that, I finally got to see Mushroom XIII and got that extra Keyblade and the bronze crown.

After that, I actually tried my luck on the first Data Battles, starting with Larxene.
And man, does this b**** ever stand still?
You hardly ever get in a full combo (even with Combo - equipped) because she's teleporting all over the place or spamming thunder spells left and right non stop.
It isn't that the thunder spells are that dangerous (you can outglide them easily), but the battle is a sheer drag because you don't get many opportunities to actually hit her.
I died only two times on her (once thanks to her "clone omnislash" and once because I mistimed a jump right into her "Thunder walls" while she spins in place).

After defeating her, I tried out Marluxia, and gosh, that battle was actually fun because if you know what you're doing you can easily outmanoeuver him and just like mindlessly offensively attacking yourself can get you screwed the same goes for him.
Marluxia I beat actually on the first try, which needless to say made me a little proud especially since that's also the difficulty I play my first playthrough on.

Third (and last for this WE) Data battle I tried out was Roxas, and damn that battle was more fun than any of the regular story bosses.
Roxas is a damn crafty little shit (and I died at least seven times against him) but against him you can actually practise and improve your general skills over time while also listening to that awesome music.
By now my timing for blocking with Guard has improved tremendously thanks to fighting Roxas over and over.
His Magic Hour is also more of a joke and flashy than anything truly dangerous as just like Larxene's lightning, you can easily outglide it.
His most dangerous move and the one I got most often caught in was when he teleports all over the place and throws both Keyblades who spin like enourmous horizontal buzzsaws (now I know where Final Form got that attack from).
It's nearly impossible to guard against these especially if he does the move five times in a row.

Next in line will be Luxord then, which I fathom will be another nailbiting experience cuz if you're forced to participate in his stupid reaction games I'm in for a world of hurt as I'm not that good with these reaction games.

Aqua has the advantage of the barrier, meaning she can guard against nearly all attacks from the Mysterious Figure from all angles.
Ven is small, nimble and fast and therefor can simply dodge most of the Figure's attacks, with Terra it is really a nightmare because of his sluggish movement and crappy dodge ability.
On the PSP I defeated the Figure with Terra first though (after dying over 70 times, lol).

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Eraqus also is different for each character. The style he fights with reflects the challenger.

I really like how how they made Eraqus attack differently depending on which character you chose to use against him. His ultra move is also different. Against Terra he rips a huge chunk of rock from the ground, tossing it down like a meteor. It also looked like the Doom`s day spell form FFIX. Against Aqua he shoots these magic beams to the ground, inflicting massive damage, and freezing you etc... Against Ven he uses tornados. Really cool detail. I also really like he how his Keyblade Armor looks like a samurai outfit, fitting in BBS ancient feel. It will be interesting to fight him with Ven.
I think my only grip with the BBS combat system is that the bosses won`t flinch as much compared to KH1 and 2. Sometimes it feels like your hitting a wall and nothing happens. All thou I do like how the randomized the attack patterns, making the bosses more dangerous.

Third (and last for this WE) Data battle I tried out was Roxas, and damn that battle was more fun than any of the regular story bosses.
Roxas is a damn crafty little shit (and I died at least seven times against him) but against him you can actuallypractise and improve your general skills over time while also listening to that awesome music.
By now my timing for blocking with Guard has improved tremendously thanks to fighting Roxas over and over.
His Magic Hour is also more of a joke and flashy than anything truly dangerous as just like Larxene's lightning, you can easily outglide it.
His most dangerous move and the one I got most often caught in was when he teleports all over the place and throws both Keyblades who spin like enourmous horizontal buzzsaws (now I know where Final Form got that attack from).
It's nearly impossible to guard against these especially if he does the move five times in a row.

I have to agree, the fight against Roxas is really well done. It is probably my second favorite boss fight from the whole series. You can`t blindly button smash your way trough, because Key of Destiny will crush you in seconds if you don`t know how to block and avoid his attacks.

I have been fighting against him on LV1 and the best attempt was were I got 5-6 of his HP bars down. One mistake in this fight and you are dead. It gets really brutal when he starts summoning those light pillars, and even more harder when they appear when he is teleporting around. I`am not even sure how I am supposed to survive his strike raid move on LV1.

All in all a really awesome fight, and also Roxas is my favorite character from the series. :)

DoctahFaz

Awards
I finally started a Critical mode play through of KH2FM after having beat it on Proud and done most of the side quests early last month. I gotta say, I'm actually having an easier time than I did on Proud; I had had some trouble during a few battles like the Twilight Thorn and Axel during the Struggle Tournament on my Proud file yet breezed through them both on Critical. I don't know if it's because I'm now reacquainted to the game and strategies again or if the extra AP and abilities really make that much of a difference.

Nevertheless, I'm up to Disney Castle now. I know the Roxas fight will be absolutely brutal, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I finally started a Critical mode play through of KH2FM after having beat it on Proud and done most of the side quests early last month. I gotta say, I'm actually having an easier time than I did on Proud; I had had some trouble during a few battles like the Twilight Thorn and Axel during the Struggle Tournament on my Proud file yet breezed through them both on Critical. I don't know if it's because I'm now reacquainted to the game and strategies again or if the extra AP and abilities really make that much of a difference.

Nevertheless, I'm up to Disney Castle now. I know the Roxas fight will be absolutely brutal, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Don't be surprised by the lack of difficulty in the early game: you've been given a load of power-ups and are at relatively normal stats otherwise, despite enemy HP being lowered. Oh, there are difficulty raises involved too, but it's important to keep in mind that much of Critical's difficulty comes from pathetic HP gain. It means Critical shoots up towards the end.

That said, I have heard others say they find Critical easier from end to end. Maybe that'll be you?

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Welp that done it for me today. I got as far as Mulan second visit on level one but the constant frustration of dying in two hits done it for me. It is just to frustrating for me and kills the enjoyment.
I have learned a few things though. Level one runs on BBS are pitifully easy, proud/standard on KH2 is the level of enjoyment while critical is the mode you play to unlock all the scenes lol and level one is for those wanting a challenge.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Welp that done it for me today. I got as far as Mulan second visit on level one but the constant frustration of dying in two hits done it for me. It is just to frustrating for me and kills the enjoyment.
I have learned a few things though. Level one runs on BBS are pitifully easy, proud/standard on KH2 is the level of enjoyment while critical is the mode you play to unlock all the scenes lol and level one is for those wanting a challenge.

Is there any specific are on Land of the Dragons which gives you trouble? I don`t remember it being too hard, all thou the little Heartleses that spam wind based attacks were pretty deadly. I avoided mostly all the encounters with enemies that I didn`t have to fight.

Anagram

Banned
Is there any specific are on Land of the Dragons which gives you trouble? I don`t remember it being too hard, all thou the little Heartleses that spam wind based attacks were pretty deadly. I avoided mostly all the encounters with enemies that I didn`t have to fight.

I beat Land of Dragons. That was just the last world I finished. I was talking in general with heartless and dying in two hits. Even leveling my drives was a bigger pain than it already is.
I didn't rage quit or anything, wasn't stuck, just simply tried level one and didn't enjoy it. I didnt' find fun in it. If it aint enjoyable theres no reason to play it.

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I beat Land of Dragons. That was just the last world I finished. I was talking in general with heartless and dying in two hits. Even leveling my drives was a bigger pain than it already is.
I didn't rage quit or anything, wasn't stuck, just simply tried level one and didn't enjoy it. I didnt' find fun in it. If it aint enjoyable theres no reason to play it.

Yeah. Leveling the Drives on LV1 is a pain. Especially Wisdom and Final Form in my opinion.
Somehow even thou I died very quickly and multiple times, I still found this weird enjoyment on LV1. It is kind of cool that in LV1 you have to juggle and combo lock enemies so that you survive. I also didn`t feel overpowered when using reaction commands or reflect. They are a necessity. So something like that. :)

Anagram

Banned
Yeah. Leveling the Drives on LV1 is a pain. Especially Wisdom and Final Form in my opinion.
Somehow even thou I died very quickly and multiple times, I still found this weird enjoyment on LV1. It is kind of cool that in LV1 you have to juggle and combo lock enemies so that you survive. I also didn`t feel overpowered when using reaction commands or reflect. They are a necessity. So something like that. :)
I can certainly understand that. A game is no fun without challenge but to me it is no fun at all if it is just pure frustration through and through. I did give it a try though and I do have a file saved on level one that lets me restart from the moment Sora wakes up if I want to try it again one day.
Not sure if I will though. I went a week or two without touching level one because I didn't fine it fun. (on the upside this caused me to get all kinds of BBS stuff done. haha)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I can certainly understand that. A game is no fun without challenge but to me it is no fun at all if it is just pure frustration through and through. I did give it a try though and I do have a file saved on level one that lets me restart from the moment Sora wakes up if I want to try it again one day.
Not sure if I will though. I went a week or two without touching level one because I didn't fine it fun. (on the upside this caused me to get all kinds of BBS stuff done. haha)

Some form of challenge is the thing I try to find in videogames. Not all of them but from some of them. I think I started to play KH on the hardest difficulty when I fought a certain boss(I don`t remember who or in what game it was). My lv was maxed and I also had the Ultima Weapon. The fight was so easy that it kind of shocked me. After then I decide that never again I will do something like this again, so I try to complete even the secret bosses on lower levels and without the best equipment. That was one of the reason I did all the Data fights and Lingering Will on LV85 Crititical Mode. All thou I kind try to find a balance. The game can`t be too hard, but not too easy either.

Now that I mentioned the Data Fights, I defeated Data Marluxia on LV1 and managed to record it. I`ll upload the fight on my channel when I can(probably tomorrow morning) if anyone is interested. I continued to use the Kingdom Key. :)

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
lol

Firing off for No Heart or Eraqus? For Eraqus I accepted your gonna take at least one hit before firing so I just waited till he did that move with the beams of light that rotate and go up and down.
For No Heart don't even bother. You'll barely have time to send off mines let alone a shotlock during the second phase.

Mine Squares work in a surprising way. I noticed when I fought No Heart that some of his projectile attacks couldn't get past the mines. But don't bank on that strategy. Nearly everything else gets past them easy. lol

By that, I really meant Eraqus. I usually wait for him to shoot the light beams that circle around him before firing off from a (relatively) safe distance.

OK, just Mine Square then. I'll keep that in mind when I inevitably fight the guy.

I also remember that, yes, Eraqus fights a little differently with each character. I always thought that was an awesome touch.

This weekend I finally managed to get 72 points on that annoying Mushroom I.
Many people seem to loathe Mushroom VIII as the most frustrating one, but for me it was definitely No. I.

After twenty or so bouts in a row where I only managed around 62 points, I went off and did the 10.000 point challenge on the Titan Paradox Cup instead, scratching that "task" off Jiminy's list as well.
It gets quite easy if you let yourself get into red health and then summon stitch as when you're in red HP he plays the ukelele non-stop and showers you with medals.
With the Wishing Lamp as well as my own Jackpot ability equipped I got 4200 points in one round by just letting stitch play ukelele, finishing with a limit just before the summon gauge runs out.
Since you can call stitch two times per round, I got around 8400 points already in the first round of the cup so I could get the required points by the second round and then just focus on destroying enemies fast (Magnega + Thundaga, with Stitch "licking" your MP bar you can cast almost non-stop) until I get to Hercules.

After that I got back to the Mushroom and finally got the damn thing after 11 more tries.
With that, I finally got to see Mushroom XIII and got that extra Keyblade and the bronze crown.

After that, I actually tried my luck on the first Data Battles, starting with Larxene.
And man, does this b**** ever stand still?
You hardly ever get in a full combo (even with Combo - equipped) because she's teleporting all over the place or spamming thunder spells left and right non stop.
It isn't that the thunder spells are that dangerous (you can outglide them easily), but the battle is a sheer drag because you don't get many opportunities to actually hit her.
I died only two times on her (once thanks to her "clone omnislash" and once because I mistimed a jump right into her "Thunder walls" while she spins in place).

After defeating her, I tried out Marluxia, and gosh, that battle was actually fun because if you know what you're doing you can easily outmanoeuver him and just like mindlessly offensively attacking yourself can get you screwed the same goes for him.
Marluxia I beat actually on the first try, which needless to say made me a little proud especially since that's also the difficulty I play my first playthrough on.

Roxas is a damn crafty little shit (and I died at least seven times against him) but against him you can actually practise and improve your general skills over time while also listening to that awesome music.

Next in line will be Luxord then, which I fathom will be another nailbiting experience cuz if you're forced to participate in his stupid reaction games I'm in for a world of hurt as I'm not that good with these reaction games.

Aqua has the advantage of the barrier, meaning she can guard against nearly all attacks from the Mysterious Figure from all angles.
Ven is small, nimble and fast and therefor can simply dodge most of the Figure's attacks, with Terra it is really a nightmare because of his sluggish movement and crappy dodge ability.
On the PSP I defeated the Figure with Terra first though (after dying over 70 times, lol).

I actually agree. Mushroom I is the worst Mushroom to try to please. That being said, Mushroom VIII comes very close.

As for the Data battles, Larxene was annoying. For me, all I really did was perform a combo every little once in a while, spam Reflect and, if health is low, either cast Curaga or go into Limit Form and cheese her with Sonic Blade and Strike Raid.

As for Marluxia, when not doing a level 1 run, his Data battle is infinitely easier than his Absent Silhouette since you have Second Chance and Once More on you now and nothing kills you in one hit.

And yes, you have to do the mini game at least once for Luxord. My biggest tip that I can give is to constantly hit the pause button until you see an O and press the button there. Do this until you've lined up all four O's and then immediately follow up with a combo. I suggest going into Limit Form right beforehand so that once the mini game is complete, all you have to do is use Strike Raid to immediately end the match. I had to do the mini game three times because I messed up on the last O and got an X on the first two. By then, he had roughly half his health back, but lining them all up the third time still took all of that away leaving you to deal in the last hit.

Also, holy crap, you beat him first as Terra!? You deserve a medal for perseverance.

It gets much harder near the end. It's sort of the inverse of most JRPGs where the beginning is easy, but the endgame can get brutal. Storywise, Beast's Castle was always the hardest part (both visits). However, it wasn't until I fought the optional bosses that Critical Mode truly becomes a beast in and of itself.

Squabble

Loved it. Got the platinum trophy in both Kingdom Hearts II and Birth by Sleep. Gonna watch Re:Coded with some popcorn in the weekend possibly!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm. I think I`ll try to beat the Final Xemans again today. I forgot to complete Atlantica before I finished the game, so I have to do the Final Boss again, to unlock Lingering Will. Before that I will collect all the puzzle pieces and try to create the Ultimate Weapon. I`m kinda trying to decide should I use the Kingdom Key or Ultimate Weapon against Xemans. Anyway, it will be a blast(and a pain). So pumped to hear the remastered versions of A Fight to The Death and Darkness of The Unknown again.

Also, I finally uploaded my fight against Data-Marluxia, if anyone is interested:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pki2oE09keY&spfreload=10

I also want to continue BBS with Ven(gotta do those arena missions!), but that will have to wait.

Anagram

Banned
I also want to continue BBS with Ven(gotta do those arena missions!), but that will have to wait.

I need to finish Vens as well. I'm working on Terras right now. I finally beat Villains Vendetta which was a pain without a Triple Firaga.
I've learned the Unversed Challenges are pretty easy though. You can beat most with Magnega and Thunder Surge. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back