• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Hmm. Maybe I should've done the recommended Terra-Ventus-Aqua order for this playthrough. When I originally played BBS I did it in the VTA order but right now coming off Ventus gameplay Terra's combat feels so clunky, awkward, slow and not as fun. After fighting the Wheeldude I had enough. Not to mention I just realized that Terra gets the first visit in every world so I'm basically playing BBS Pulp Fiction style.

I'll keep this in mind when I do another BBS playthrough which I guess will be before the DDD HD remix comes out.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Terra's combat feels so clunky, awkward, slow and not as fun.
I already knew this prior to, but now that I'm on Ventus, I was having those thoughts exactly (earlier today to be specific). I feel kind of ashamed saying this, but I've only played BBS once and it was in 2011. I was kind taken back at how quickly the game advances during my 2.5 play thrus but it makes sense.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Hmm. Maybe I should've done the recommended Terra-Ventus-Aqua order for this playthrough. When I originally played BBS I did it in the VTA order but right now coming off Ventus gameplay Terra's combat feels so clunky, awkward, slow and not as fun. After fighting the Wheeldude I had enough. Not to mention I just realized that Terra gets the first visit in every world so I'm basically playing BBS Pulp Fiction style.

I'll keep this in mind when I do another BBS playthrough which I guess will be before the DDD HD remix comes out.

If you've already played the game before, I feel TAV order is best if only because, yeah, he's at each world first. With new players it's more up in the air with all the plot twists going out of order no matter which order you play in.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I do a VAT run, mostly because I feel bad that Terra is the doomed "bad" guy and I make sure he's the one who receives the million dreams award. So even though he helped Eraqus get killed and had his body taken, Terra can still say he got his own ice cream! lol

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think learning will be the key for your victory. Terra`s attacks can be quite powerful and dangerous(he can curse you like Xemnas does in KH1FM, and take away your magic, or either your attack), but a big chunk of them can be guarded. Even most of his desperation combo can be blocked by an normal block. Just experiment which attacks can be blocked, and you will learn the flow of the fight. But I do think that he is the hardest boss in the game, and one of the hardest bosses in the series. Kind a tells how pissed Terra really is. :D

Even thou he is hard, I find him quite fun. Rage Aweakaned is also amazing, all thou I like the BBS version slightly better.
If you really have trouble with him, Everqloww has an amazing, and a very detailed guide for him, but I find it the most fun, when you learn the fight yourself.

That's definite, lol.
I tried him out yesterday just for fun and damn, this dastardly pile of metal is so fast I don't even see yet where it ever leaves even a window open to attack. I'm only blocking, dodge rolling and gliding away the whole time it seems as it just chains one attack after the other without pausing. Donald and Goofy barely get up on their feet after knocked out before you immediately get greeted with their death-sound yet again.
Especially nasty is that it always starts the battle differently.
The first two times its opening move was the attack-seal/magic-seal one which is truly beyond annoying and the third time it opened with an Ultima Cannon directly in the face...o_0

I'm afraid the armor will require quite some more practice than any of the Data battles, especially since I haven't yet even figured out how to truly damage it.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Finally platinumed KH2FM a few days ago. Loved it to death. Has been and still is my favorite videogame to date (hoping KH3 dethrones it though). I did import the Japanese version back in 2007, but getting to play it in full HD, in English, and on Proud (I did every game on Beginner back in my childhood) it was fantastic. The only thing was that, for some reason, KH 1.5 gave me one of the most massive nostalgia blasts I've ever experienced. Playing through KHFM for the first time, finally beating Re:CoM (I gave up on the copy that came with the import of KH2FM), and seeing Days turned into an HD film, it was all so fantastic.

With 2.5, despite KH2FM being my favorite game ever, I have yet to feel the same level of thrill as I had with 1.5. Not sure why, maybe it's just because 1.5 was the first console KH title in 6 years, and the series debut in full HD. So, now that I'm used to the amazing graphics and all that nostalgia has run its course from 1.5, 2.5 isn't delivering the same wave of "MY CHILDHOOD!!!" as the first collection.

Regardless, I'm loving it. I've already started my journey to platinum BBSFM.

hlc1988

Awards
I'm planning on playing through KH2 on Proud soon. I've started to play KH1 on Proud (first time ever) and I'm finding two hits, kills me. Though I've now just finished Agrabah and finally managed to defeat a boss without getting killed once. Hopefully that is progress... and I have more health so I'm not being killed in two hits anymore, so I'm wondering is Proud mode for KH2 the same? Are you killed in two hits?

I almost dread attempting a critical run for KH2... I think the most I will be able to achieve is Proud as I'm not really enjoying playing KH1 on Proud... since I get killed a lot and its annoying. I find Normal fun but also challenging as well. Proud on BBS was difficult in the early stages but as soon as I levelled up higher I wasn't dying as much.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I'm planning on playing through KH2 on Proud soon. I've started to play KH1 on Proud (first time ever) and I'm finding two hits, kills me. Though I've now just finished Agrabah and finally managed to defeat a boss without getting killed once. Hopefully that is progress... and I have more health so I'm not being killed in two hits anymore, so I'm wondering is Proud mode for KH2 the same? Are you killed in two hits?

I almost dread attempting a critical run for KH2... I think the most I will be able to achieve is Proud as I'm not really enjoying playing KH1 on Proud... since I get killed a lot and its annoying. I find Normal fun but also challenging as well. Proud on BBS was difficult in the early stages but as soon as I levelled up higher I wasn't dying as much.
It is good progress. My first run on all ReMix games so far has been on Proud. KH1 was hard only in the beginning, especially Deep Jungle I was getting killed a lot. It gets a lot easier after Agrabah when your levels are getting higher though.

Personally I thought Proud mode on KH2 was easier than KH1. However I would suggest leveling up Roxas in the Dive to the Heart section before fighting the Twilight Thorn. Just fight dusks over again until level 8 or so and you should coast through the game with natural progression.

DoctahFaz

Awards
I definitely had the impression of KH1 being a much more difficult game.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Be careful if you plan on going for the superbosses in KH2. Some people say Critical is easier than Proud in KH2, I don't know if I agree with that... but everyone seems to say the superbosses are harder in Proud.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Be careful if you plan on going for the superbosses in KH2. Some people say Critical is easier than Proud in KH2, I don't know if I agree with that... but everyone seems to say the superbosses are harder in Proud.

Maybe to some people but I haven't beat one Data fight yet on Critical.

On honor of Leonard Nimoy, I'm going to see if I can get through some of Terra's story of BBSFM, that's where we see more of Master Xehanort.

hlc1988

Awards
It is good progress. My first run on all ReMix games so far has been on Proud. KH1 was hard only in the beginning, especially Deep Jungle I was getting killed a lot. It gets a lot easier after Agrabah when your levels are getting higher though.

Personally I thought Proud mode on KH2 was easier than KH1. However I would suggest leveling up Roxas in the Dive to the Heart section before fighting the Twilight Thorn. Just fight dusks over again until level 8 or so and you should coast through the game with natural progression.

Honestly, I'm dreading fighting Ansem-Riku in Hollow Bastion when I get to it. I'm trying to level Sora up higher then he should be before that battle. Battling him in Normal mode was difficult enough for me, Proud mode will be worse.

I will do so. Levelling up Roxas will be a main aim for me early on. For KH1 I levelled Sora up to I think level 8 or 9 on Destiny Islands, just killing the Heartless, before I moved on.

I definitely had the impression of KH1 being a much more difficult game.

Yeah I think it is. KH2 seems to be easier.

I couldn't even defeat any of the superbosses in KH2 in Normal. Couldn't get all the data battles. And I was at level 99 too. I eventually gave up and just started with BBS as I wanted to move on. I may go back to that KH2 save and see what I can do though. Sometimes a break helps.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I couldn't even defeat any of the superbosses in KH2 in Normal. Couldn't get all the data battles. And I was at level 99 too. I eventually gave up and just started with BBS as I wanted to move on. I may go back to that KH2 save and see what I can do though. Sometimes a break helps.
Perseverance will help as well. Spend some time studying their actions and attacks. I was seriously convinced that I wouldn't be able to beat any of them on my Proud play thru. But after a while I was able to defeat all of them aside from Luxord lol. Although, I usually have to use the drive forms and limit attacks often in order to win.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
That's definite, lol.
I tried him out yesterday just for fun and damn, this dastardly pile of metal is so fast I don't even see yet where it ever leaves even a window open to attack. I'm only blocking, dodge rolling and gliding away the whole time it seems as it just chains one attack after the other without pausing. Donald and Goofy barely get up on their feet after knocked out before you immediately get greeted with their death-sound yet again.
Especially nasty is that it always starts the battle differently.
The first two times its opening move was the attack-seal/magic-seal one which is truly beyond annoying and the third time it opened with an Ultima Cannon directly in the face...o_0

I'm afraid the armor will require quite some more practice than any of the Data battles, especially since I haven't yet even figured out how to truly damage it.

Everglow's guide to defeating Terra's Lingering Sentiment was key to ensuring that I could win, especiall when he does his Desperation Attack. That being said, I still had 8 Megaelixirs on me as well as at least two each for Donald and Goofy, yet ironically, I only recall ever using one during the battle that I actually won (and on Critical Mode, to boot).

One thing that I remember from the video guide was that depending on what attack Terra deals first determines how hard the battle is going to be.

Funnily enough, I was still able to go into Final Form in the battle. In fact, Final Form was how I was able to deal the most damage to that tenacious Sentiment.

I recommend that you watch the guide at least once. It single handedly saved my bacon during his Desperation Attack which, once I knew what to do, was ironically the easiest part of the battle.

Honestly, I'm dreading fighting Ansem-Riku in Hollow Bastion when I get to it. I'm trying to level Sora up higher then he should be before that battle. Battling him in Normal mode was difficult enough for me, Proud mode will be worse.

I will do so. Levelling up Roxas will be a main aim for me early on. For KH1 I levelled Sora up to I think level 8 or 9 on Destiny Islands, just killing the Heartless, before I moved on.

Yeah I think it is. KH2 seems to be easier.

Sometimes a break does indeed help. I had to take a break because of that cheap card game you're forced to play in Luxord's Data Battle.

Don't worry about Dark Rikunort in Hollow Bastion. So long as you know that blocking and immediately Counterattacking are the way to go, the boss should go down easily enough.

Perseverance will help as well. Spend some time studying their actions and attacks. I was seriously convinced that I wouldn't be able to beat any of them on my Proud play thru. But after a while I was able to defeat all of them aside from Luxord lol. Although, I usually have to use the drive forms and limit attacks often in order to win.

Geh. Diddlying Luxord. I was forced to cheese my way by constantly pausing during the game so that I can take him down by throwing his cards back at him.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Wait since I've never played the battle, but Data Luxord big game he plays is not the same game as the regular fight?

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Oh man. I like Castle of Dreams but damn if that ballroom sequence isn't all kinds of awkward. My kingdom for some NPCS. Other than that shame on me for letting Cindy get killed twice by the unversed. The poor girl just wanted to go to the ball.

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh man. I like Castle of Dreams but damn if that ballroom sequence isn't all kinds of awkward. Other than that shame on me for letting Cindy get killed twice by the unversed. The poor girl just wanted to got to the ball.

That whole fight just sucked so badly :(

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Just defeated Keepers of the Arena. Nearly forgot what a pain those Iron Imprisoners were. Also I thought II4 was easier than II3. Where II3 seems more relentless and spams attacks, II4 gives out more breathers with the room possession and whirlwind attacks.

Anyways, tomorrow I'm leveling up my arena level and take on the last three rounds.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I just fought Vanitas lingering will and I couldn't do damage and he killed me in 1 hit. Hmm

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Oh man. I like Castle of Dreams but damn if that ballroom sequence isn't all kinds of awkward. My kingdom for some NPCS. Other than that shame on me for letting Cindy get killed twice by the unversed. The poor girl just wanted to got to the ball.

Ooch, that is one of the legendary NPC gaps, and a very bad early impression from BBS.

I just fought Vanitas lingering will and I couldn't do damage and he killed me in 1 hit. Hmm

Heh, well, uh, how do I put this... that's not far from normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back