• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I really love one thing what they did with Terra/Lingering Will. When the secret boss fight starts and the armor raises the Ends of The Earth Keyblade from the ground, it gives the impression that it is a really heavy Keyblade. This in turn gives an impression of the colossal power Terra wields, since he picks it by one hand only. It`s is also implied in BBS. A little detail, but a really cool one. :D

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Finish KH2 section of 2.5 in proud and the game was much easier than I remember. Only lost twice to main story bosses (1 to Demyx because I forgot to shortcut Fire and Xigbar because QuickRun can't stopping me from dodge rolling). But I did like the line where Sora wanted to thank Namine but couldn't since I never saw that scene.

Also I adore the KH2 theme. It's so pretty.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
completed every episode on critical mode. never noticed the texture issue on the SE and my TV was muted so i never heard any new acting from willa holland.

also, does nothing from the final or secret episode carry over into aqua's file? i upped like 5 levels and got a few new commands, not to mention eraqus' sweet ass keyblade. i almost feel cheated so i haven't bothered going back to aqua's scenario yet.

form grinding in II is a pain, marluxia is so diddlying frustrating, rare synthesis materials are impossible to find andd getting second chance/once more on either game is almost like a secret you have to find when you get to it.

as much as i enjoyed these games, i can't wait for 3D's remaster so i won't have to play these games as often.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
completed every episode on critical mode. never noticed the texture issue on the SE and my TV was muted so i never heard any new acting from willa holland.

also, does nothing from the final or secret episode carry over into aqua's file? i upped like 5 levels and got a few new commands, not to mention eraqus' sweet ass keyblade. i almost feel cheated so i haven't bothered going back to aqua's scenario yet.

No, I'm afraid you can't carry things backwards.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards

form grinding in II is a pain, marluxia is so diddlying frustrating, rare synthesis materials are impossible to find andd getting second chance/once more on either game is almost like a secret you have to find when you get to it.

as much as i enjoyed these games, i can't wait for 3D's remaster so i won't have to play these games as often.

Valor Form/Limit form is pretty easy to train in 2.5 though with the mushroom in Agrabah. Final form at least gives you great opportunity to level up base Sora. Wisdom and Master Form I agree with you.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Valor Form/Limit form is pretty easy to train in 2.5 though with the mushroom in Agrabah. Final form at least gives you great opportunity to level up base Sora. Wisdom and Master Form I agree with you.

almost forgot about the mushrooms. still trying to figure out how to tackle some of them, the one in beast's castle, agrabah and twilight town i took care of fine, however, every other goomba prick is giving me shit from yen sid's tower to radiant garden.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Beat Sephy first try today. I thought it was pretty easy no-sweat fight just using the old negate combo+finisher plus trick to pile up damage quick.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Sephy has become a joke in KH 2 Final Mix, especially since you can also use Limit Form against him.

Right now I'm having a break from KH 2.5 HD, partly because work is again taking more time and partly because I need some distance from that stupid rusty armor.
Not only is the Lingering Will probably the hardest secret boss of the whole series, due to its inclusion in the Relationship- and Character-sections of Jiminy's Journal, you have three or four trophies you cannot get until you defeat that damn pile of metal.

Anagram

Banned
Well I just learned a fun new grinding trick.
Experience Plus+Gullwing Keyblade+The World Ends With You.

Let your ho go in the red then cut loose.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards

Yup I gain about 3-4 levels a pop with that. You don't even need to be in red since it works for me when it's just half filled.

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
I love the game! KHII is super fun indeed! But I think they can make the 3rd better if they tried. It has to be longer, and have more cutscenes and have a better control system. I don't like how you have to use your items or summon and drive. They should have made it easier to access. In the middle of a fight, you can't just stop and scroll down with the arrows looking for a potion or something. The enemies would destroy you! But... I know that game is 10 years, so I can't expect it to be perfect now. But they could definitely do better for the third. So, I hope they just give the fans what they want. Without changing the whole game and story of course!

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

You grinded up in KH2 by playing a different video game? :p

I wish I could have gotten my grinding done while playing HLM2 last week.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Is there a specific order that I should go about doing the data battles?

Also I'm 2 treasure short of getting them all but they are in the Cavern and it sucks to go chest hunting in there.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
WTF? Today I did the trilogy of Princess worlds w/ Aqua and oh man was I getting my a$$ kicked. There's no doubt that between the 6 or so Unversed battles I was killed and the 7 times I died to Maleficent that I died more here than I did on my Ventus and Terra playthroughs combined. Still, I love Aqua's playthrough. The fact that she visits each world last means you get to see each world wrap up in a nice way. I can't imagine anyone not saving her story for last.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I love the game! KHII is super fun indeed! But I think they can make the 3rd better if they tried. It has to be longer, and have more cutscenes and have a better control system. I don't like how you have to use your items or summon and drive. They should have made it easier to access. In the middle of a fight, you can't just stop and scroll down with the arrows looking for a potion or something. The enemies would destroy you! But... I know that game is 10 years, so I can't expect it to be perfect now. But they could definitely do better for the third. So, I hope they just give the fans what they want. Without changing the whole game and story of course!

If you're not so satisfied with KH II's control system, I'd assume you'll like Birth by Sleep's control scheme a little better, as there you have no menus to scroll through. Only up and/or down until the ability/item you want to use is selected.

Is there a specific order that I should go about doing the data battles?

Also I'm 2 treasure short of getting them all but they are in the Cavern and it sucks to go chest hunting in there.

Nope, you can try them out in any order you want and start off with the one you can handle the best.
For me personally I started with Larxene, her fight isn't really difficult like i.e. the Mysterious Figure or Lingering Will, it's just very dragged out because she won't stop spamming her Thunder attacks non-stop for a while and you cannot knock her out of it.

One treasure chest won't pop up until you have defeated all 13 data battles though, so you can't get the trophy for the treasures until then.

Probably not, unless you're in urgent need of a Lost Illusion.

Right, although the first ones to try should probably not Xemnas or Xaldin, as they're arguably the hardest of the data battles.

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
Divine Past;6257824specific order that I should go about doing the data battles? Also I'm 2 treasure short of getting them all but they are in the Cavern and it stinks to go chest hunting in there.[/QUOTE said:
I think one of the chests in the cavern you get after you defeat all the absent silhouettes. Because in the journal, the one most people are missing is at the very bottom of the list. I never personally did all that. But where else would it be?

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
WTF? Today I did the trilogy of Princess worlds w/ Aqua and oh man was I getting my a$$ kicked. There's no doubt that between the 6 or so Unversed battles I was killed and the 7 times I died to Maleficent that I died more here than I did on my Ventus and Terra playthroughs combined. Still, I love Aqua's playthrough. The fact that she visits each world last means you get to see each world wrap up in a nice way. I can't imagine anyone not saving her story for last.

I always thought that there was a bit of a difficulty spike in the battle against Dragon Maleficent. Those flames that she spews out are just as annoying in here as they were in Kingdom Hearts I and Chain of Memories. I always defeated her with a salvo of Meteor Shots near the end.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I think one of the chests in the cavern you get after you defeat all the absent silhouettes. Because in the journal, the one most people are missing is at the very bottom of the list. I never personally did all that. But where else would it be?

I'm pretty sure you're right. 90%. I know you get a chest for clearing the Data battles, I'm just not sure if it's the listed chest or if a chest is added to your list when you do it. Someone was asking about that very chest a few weeks back and I don't remember how they phrased it. Clearly I haven't won the data-battles myself.

That other chest Divine Past is missing is just sitting around somewhere. I'm a little curious which one it is. If Divine Past plays like me, it's probably one of the ones really high up in the first room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back