• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why didn't Master Xehanort ever wonder why Vanitas looked like Sora?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
MX did see Vanitas' face in the LoD in the beginning of BBS when Vanitas had his helmet off

Then why didn't MX comment anything about Sora looking like Vanitas when he saw him? I'd figure he would write it down in the reports, but he never did...which is strange because I know if I'm raising a dark being from birth..1) I wouldn't expect "it" to have a face and 2) I'd wonder how the hell does this kid have the same face as my apprentice that I raised from birth

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Master Xehanort never saw Sora until DDD, so there was nothing to compare in essence and nothing to write down in any report.

Not to mention Master Xehanort doesn't care enough to actually give a damn.
Vanitas was just a tool for him to try out a possible shortcut in his plans while Sora wasn't even a blip on Xehanort's radar until DDD.

NeoThunderX

Yeah, pretty, much. during BBS sora was literrally being brought into the world, helping ventus's damaged heart on the way.

Xemnas the Wise

Master Xehanort never saw Sora until DDD, so there was nothing to compare in essence and nothing to write down in any report.

Not to mention Master Xehanort doesn't care enough to actually give a damn.
Vanitas was just a tool for him to try out a possible shortcut in his plans while Sora wasn't even a blip on Xehanort's radar until DDD.
Technically Master Xehanort hadn't seen Sora until Kingdom Hearts, as he was Ansem at the time. The most likely reason for him not caring is he likely believed Vanitas had merely become his own person or just looked like nobody else, he didn't know about Ven's heart having been joined with Sora's.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I also wouldn't put it past MX to have acknowledged their resemblance in his mind, but not show any signs of fascination or confusion until writing it down in a report. If there's any character in the series smart enough to put two and two together, it's him.

Awards
I dont think he ever wondered why because he already KNEW why. A man like MX knows a lot about the heart and how it reacts to certain things.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Technically Master Xehanort hadn't seen Sora until Kingdom Hearts, as he was Ansem at the time. The most likely reason for him not caring is he likely believed Vanitas had merely become his own person or just looked like nobody else, he didn't know about Ven's heart having been joined with Sora's.

Even then, all Reports that were written by Xehanort were done so before KH I. The only reports that cover the time of KH 1, CoM and part of KH 2 are the secret Ansem Reports from KH2 which were written by Ansem the Wise.
Vanitas' "Sora"-face was seen by only two people ever, those being Master Xehanort (the old dude who never saw Sora until DDD) and Ventus.

I also wouldn't put it past MX to have acknowledged their resemblance in his mind, but not show any signs of fascination or confusion until writing it down in a report. If there's any character in the series smart enough to put two and two together, it's him.
The thing is though that Xehanort never wrote it down anywhere. Either because he didn't care/bother (Sora was not even a blip on Xehanort's radar until DDD when he took interest in him as a third-rate replacement for his 13th Darkness because his two first choices, Riku and Roxas, had become unavailable) or because he simply didn't know.
Even if we do count the brown robed Figure in KH 1 as being the first to see Sora in Person, the event where MX saw Vanitas without Helmet and that event still has a whole decade of time between it. Just like Axel/Lea didn't remember/remark anything on Roxas' resemblance to Ventus (and those two are obviously much more similar to each other than Vanitas and Sora), it can easily be the same for Xehanort.

In fact, there isn't even something really remarkable or important about Vanitas looking like Sora in-universe or for any deep story purposes. It only serves as another visual cue for the audience about the deep connection between Ventus and Sora, as it is only through Ventus that Vanitas gains these appearance traits in the first place.
Vanitas himself isn't even directly connected to Sora in any shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back