• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I have to extend my thanks to all those fellows who gave me more tips for the Lingering Will.
Lol, I finally managed to defer that pile of scrap metal to the junkyard with the Fenrir strategy, finally gaining all four trophies related to it (I had all the other tasks in Jiminy's journal already completed months ago).
Something that leaves me a little head-scratching is however that the Lingering Will is only a silver trophy while the Org XIII-Data is a gold one. The Org XIII-Data, while undoubtly hard, is still easier than the Lingering Will.

Now all that remains is to defeat Xemnas again to get the birth by sleep-secret ending and then perform a (story)-playthrough on Critical difficulty for KH 2 FM (I always do my first playthrough on Proud) in order to get platinum.
Then I can finally start with BBS itself...^__^

@Chuman:

Sorry bro, but Drive Recovery orbs can only be used from the menu and I do not think you get a chance to go into the menu between the waves of Nobodies in the Cavern of Remembrance.
If you could go into the menu between waves, you could also fully heal up the whole party by using a tent.

Glad you finally managed to beat that sadistic pile of metal. He was always one of the most difficult bosses in the series due to the insane number of attacks that you have to read in order to beat him.

Gotta say, though, once you get to Birth by Sleep and you beat Keepers in the Arena as Terra, it is going to be downright cathartic using the Ultima Cannon as a shotlock (assuming just playing as the Lingering Will against Terranort wasn't already this). :p

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Alright folks, gotta brag a little.

I beat No Heart yesterday as Aqua at LV 52, with nothing but Thunder Surges, Curaga's, and probably one full Lightbloom.

No Heart was the last thing I had to complete; I'd already done Vanitas Sentiment, Mysterious Figure, Eraqus' Armor, the Secret Episode, and the rest of the Mirage Arena.

Even though I haven't done all that with Terra and Ventus, I consider myself completely done with Birth by Sleep. It's that sad, cathartic moment you get when there's nothing more you can do, and it's time to move on. I got the feeling last fall when I got Xemnas, Kurt Zisa, Phantom, Hades Cup, Ice Titan, Sephiroth, Ultima Weapon, all synthesis, dalmatians, etc, on 1.5 Final Mix. It's a bittersweet but awesome moment.

Still have a lot to do in KH2FM, namely the Mushrooms, Sephiroth, Data Organization XIII, and of course Terra. That thing is a monster and it will take me a long time to get my way up to defeat him, so no pressure. I quit KH2FM after unlocking the Cavern of Remembrance to play Birth by Sleep as it is, but I may get into it again now that I'm completely done with BBS. Feels weird to have run through the entirety of the series in a few months (got 1.5 in August), besides Re:COM (which I did fairly recently and there's no incentive to do it again).

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Is there anything more annoying than losing a command board game in the Mirage Arena? All the time wasted and now you just need to start all over again.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I actually enjoy ice cream for the most part. I find it strange but I just can't do it if I'm looking at the screen, I have to look away and just press the button in time with the music. That works pretty well for me except for one song, I just can't do Destiny Islands.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
That's the same method I beat No Heart with. Thunder Surge is to hax. lol

It's almost a shame because my favorite aspect of BBS besides the story and cast is the combat. How varied and deep and diverse it is. You really feel into the combat, unlike the button-mashing of KH2. You could fire a Triple Firaga, then Thunder Surge to advance and attack at the same time, then you could Aeroga to push away your enemies. All with cool acrobatics or dancing in Aqua's case.

But, for the secret Xehanort bosses, you have to spam Thunder Surge because you can't stay still and they won't stay still. Granted I beat them in the low 50's, maybe it's more doable at like LV 100 with other attacks, but considering their speed, I doubt it.

Is there anything more annoying than losing a command board game in the Mirage Arena? All the time wasted and now you just need to start all over again.

Early on I hated Command Board, but once I got the hang of it, I started to enjoy it more. Early on I was in the negatives and would get really unlucky, getting Captain Dark and the like all the time. The hardest one was the Deep Space board thanks to its' size and my lack of skill at first.

Anagram

Banned
It's almost a shame because my favorite aspect of BBS besides the story and cast is the combat. How varied and deep and diverse it is. You really feel into the combat, unlike the button-mashing of KH2. You could fire a Triple Firaga, then Thunder Surge to advance and attack at the same time, then you could Aeroga to push away your enemies. All with cool acrobatics or dancing in Aqua's case.
BBS is definitely the most varied but a lot of the time I also feel I traded out button-mashing X in KH2 for button-mashing Triangle in BBS.
That's another one! Tripe Firaga. It makes the Mirage Arena a stroll in the park with Aqua. lol But it's cool and feels good to keep those annoying imprisoners stunned. >:D

itwasmybedtime

Since I was little that I've been playing Kingdom Hearts on Standart (shame, I know), so now I have figured I would skip proud and go right into Critical, Kingdom Key only.

I am currently in Cornerstone and to be completely honest I think I've been dying quicker in the hands of those bastards fat heartless than in actual bosses. (also, I'm mentaly preparing myself for those crazy cars, those are nasty). Although overall it's going really well, died 12 times.(half of those while fighting heartless on each room)

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Since I was little that I've been playing Kingdom Hearts on Standart (shame, I know), so now I have figured I would skip proud and go right into Critical, Kingdom Key only.

I am currently in Cornerstone and to be completely honest I think I've been dying quicker in the hands of those bastards fat heartless than in actual bosses. (also, I'm mentaly preparing myself for those crazy cars, those are nasty). Although overall it's going really well, died 12 times.(half of those while fighting heartless on each room)

Just learn not to rush and panic. Sometimes you can avoid moves just by moving your character instead of spamming cures or dodge rolls in a panic. Take a second to observe the situation and don't disrupt your battle rhythm. For the fatties and cars, they should give you an obvious hint on when they are attacking. And there is no shame in relying on magic, a single thunder zap is much more effective than spams since it staggers many enemies for you to get away. KHII is never a button mashing game. Even if you want to mash, you need to pause for a sec between combos or your enemy will easily counter-react.

Good to know the enemies' move patterns as well. I've played so many level 1 runs that the enemies move very slow to me haha.

itwasmybedtime

I'm at the end of Port Royal in my Critical Kingdom Key only save account, Timeless River was painfully easy.

AND I SLAYED LINGERING WILL FOR THE FIRST TIME ON MY OTHER SAVE ACCOUNT, not using fenrir but Kingdom Key instead. I think I'm ready to when I get there on Critical, I pretty much memorized every single one of his moves.

I'm actually really looking forward for the Sephy fight, mainly because he's easy once you're in the right level and know his moves. I just love dragging him.

BlazeHeatnix

I am currently in Neverland with Terra. This place is HUGE and I have no idea where I'm going. It's as big or bigger than any world in the console games.

EDIT: Fighting Terra's final boss. OH. MY. GOD. I have never seen a difficulty spike up this hard. It's to the point where it's unfair. I beat Vanitas and Xehanort in literally seconds, but with no D-link and one of his most common attacks locking you with no chance of block OR dodge, I don't know how this fight is even remotely possible without Second Chance/Once More and Heal. He dodges with invincibility constantly. He blocks every attack. He knows when you're going to do a Shotlock and even if you pull it off, he dodges repeatedly to avoid it. He even knows where you've placed mines and you can't block his lasers because eventually he'll aim behind you. Also, he heals himself. I'm completely out of options and ideas.

Last edited:

Moose

Awards
So I beat No Heart today on my first try as Ventus at like level 55 on Critical Mode using only my Lightning Ray shotlock, is this boss actually suppose to be hard? Because this may have been one of the easiest bosses I've ever faced.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
So I beat No Heart today on my first try as Ventus at like level 55 on Critical Mode using only my Lightning Ray shotlock, is this boss actually suppose to be hard? Because this may have been one of the easiest bosses I've ever faced.

It's funny after I spend 35 minutes to defeat Eraqus armor, I tried No Heart with Ventus at level 61 and loss, but he didn't seem to unfair. But mostly the only thing I did was laugh at how goofy he looks while standing because it looks like he has boobs bigger than his whole body.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I am currently in Neverland with Terra. This place is HUGE and I have no idea where I'm going. It's as big or bigger than any world in the console games.

EDIT: Fighting Terra's final boss. OH. MY. GOD. I have never seen a difficulty spike up this hard. It's to the point where it's unfair. I beat Vanitas and Xehanort in literally seconds, but with no D-link and one of his most common attacks locking you with no chance of block OR dodge, I don't know how this fight is even remotely possible without Second Chance/Once More and Heal. He dodges with invincibility constantly. He blocks every attack. He knows when you're going to do a Shotlock and even if you pull it off, he dodges repeatedly to avoid it. He even knows where you've placed mines and you can't block his lasers because eventually he'll aim behind you. Also, he heals himself. I'm completely out of options and ideas.
"i have never faced a difficulty spike so hard". you must not have played DDD, ​very fun /sarcasm

BlazeHeatnix

I'm on Aqua's playthrough now, as I already finished Terra and Ven. I think when I play this game again on Critical I'll play in chronological order. I don't mind playing through the game 3 times to get the whole story, but the way the command deck works makes it annoying to go back to basic spells and weak attacks. Especially Aqua. Her attacks are pitifully weak, and I know you're supposed to use more magic with her, but that's not my playstyle and I don't like having that forced on me.

BlazeHeatnix

I've tried everything and I can't beat Vanitas Remnant. I fixed Terra's final boss by leveling and getting more abilities, but for this I don't think there's anything I can do beyond grinding until level 100. Let's count how many ways this boss is complete bullshit, shall we?

1. Can't heal. Nope. If you use Cure, he uses Cure in response. And since he's going to hit you more often than you hit him, the fight's only going to end when you die. You have to use Potions. And since "Retry" starts you as if you've already fought him (Who the hell thought that was a good idea?!) you're going to run out of Potions eventually and have to hit continue to start all over.

2. Can't use Shotlocks, unless he uses his Barrier attack, then you pretty much HAVE to use it or else you're going to die no matter what. Your dodges are just too slow to keep the shadows back forever. For Terra, at least.

3. Can't use Sonic Blade. Well, you can, and it'll do a bit of damage, but you have to be extremely careful or else he'll counter with a spin attack that, for some gay reason, ignores Second Chance and Once More and can kill you on the spot.

4. Your only opportunities for hitting him are if he's running at you or using his Shotlock. But the only time he'll ever use his Shotlock is if you're low on health, forcing you to make a choice between healing yourself or hitting him, and obviously you're going to choose the former, because every single attack from Vanitas is fatal without Second Chance.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I've tried everything and I can't beat Vanitas Remnant. I fixed Terra's final boss by leveling and getting more abilities, but for this I don't think there's anything I can do beyond grinding until level 100. Let's count how many ways this boss is complete bullshit, shall we?

1. Can't heal. Nope. If you use Cure, he uses Cure in response. And since he's going to hit you more often than you hit him, the fight's only going to end when you die. You have to use Potions. And since "Retry" starts you as if you've already fought him (Who the hell thought that was a good idea?!) you're going to run out of Potions eventually and have to hit continue to start all over.

2. Can't use Shotlocks, unless he uses his Barrier attack, then you pretty much HAVE to use it or else you're going to die no matter what. Your dodges are just too slow to keep the shadows back forever. For Terra, at least.

3. Can't use Sonic Blade. Well, you can, and it'll do a bit of damage, but you have to be extremely careful or else he'll counter with a spin attack that, for some gay reason, ignores Second Chance and Once More and can kill you on the spot.

4. Your only opportunities for hitting him are if he's running at you or using his Shotlock. But the only time he'll ever use his Shotlock is if you're low on health, forcing you to make a choice between healing yourself or hitting him, and obviously you're going to choose the former, because every single attack from Vanitas is fatal without Second Chance.
Dash behind the big rock and spam strike raid until he ded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back