• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What happened to Terra's heart?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderer

So I'm confused. If Terra-Xehanort released Terra's heart in an attempt to get rid of it, what happened to his heart? Or did TX have just one heart? Wouldn't that make him a heartless? And why did it cause for TX to get amnesia? Also what happened to Eraqus' heart?

waywardwind1996

l am confused about what happened to terra's heart after it got released from terra-xehanort too....as for master eraqus i believe his heart resides in terra's

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
So I'm confused. If Terra-Xehanort released Terra's heart in an attempt to get rid of it, what happened to his heart? Or did TX have just one heart? Wouldn't that make him a heartless? And why did it cause for TX to get amnesia? Also what happened to Eraqus' heart?

I believe you're a bit confused as to what happened when TX stabbed himself in the Last Episode. At that moment, that gold glow around TX was Terra fighting for control of his body, which was currently being controlled by Xehanort. Xehanort, being in control at the moment, stabbed himself in an attempt to get rid of Terra's heart, but it didn't release Terra from the body. It locked away both of their hearts inside. That's why TX has amnesia when he is found by Ansem the Wise, since neither heart has full control after the stabbing. Eventually, Xehanort regains full control and goes on to become Ansem Seeker of Darkness and Xemnas.

We currently don't know what happened to Terra's heart. We know that Terra Xehanort had Xehanort's and Terra's heart inside, and it is alluded to that Eraqus' heart is inside Terra's (it happened when Eraqus falls to the ground and Terra goes to catch him, but he disappears, similar to when Sora tries to catch Kairi in KH1 and that's the moment when her heart enters him). When Xehanort became Ansem and Xemnas, it is unknown what happened to Terra and Eraqus' hearts.

hlc1988

Awards
Well, since Terra's heart made up one half of the Xehanort-Terra body, I'd assume when Apprentice Xehanort split himself into two, the full heart went to Ansem, SOD. I also think its possible - however unlikely - that when Ansem possessed Riku - who is Terra's successor - that Terra's heart was left behind there once the Xehanort remnant had been purged from Riku at the end of KH2. I don't think we can rule out rule out Terra's heart being inside Riku which might be why he has not returned like Master Xehanort did.

JustSnilloc

I believe you're a bit confused as to what happened when TX stabbed himself in the Last Episode. At that moment, that gold glow around TX was Terra fighting for control of his body, which was currently being controlled by Xehanort. Xehanort, being in control at the moment, stabbed himself in an attempt to get rid of Terra's heart, but it didn't release Terra from the body. It locked away both of their hearts inside. That's why TX has amnesia when he is found by Ansem the Wise, since neither heart has full control after the stabbing. Eventually, Xehanort regains full control and goes on to become Ansem Seeker of Darkness and Xemnas.

We currently don't know what happened to Terra's heart. We know that Terra Xehanort had Xehanort's and Terra's heart inside, and it is alluded to that Eraqus' heart is inside Terra's (it happened when Eraqus falls to the ground and Terra goes to catch him, but he disappears, similar to when Sora tries to catch Kairi in KH1 and that's the moment when her heart enters him). When Xehanort became Ansem and Xemnas, it is unknown what happened to Terra and Eraqus' hearts.

Very nicely explained! ^_^

Anagram

Banned
Well, since Terra's heart made up one half of the Xehanort-Terra body, I'd assume when Apprentice Xehanort split himself into two, the full heart went to Ansem, SOD. I also think its possible - however unlikely - that when Ansem possessed Riku - who is Terra's successor - that Terra's heart was left behind there once the Xehanort remnant had been purged from Riku at the end of KH2. I don't think we can rule out rule out Terra's heart being inside Riku which might be why he has not returned like Master Xehanort did.

I like this idea .

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I like this idea. It makes sense and I'd like to see it come true in III.

136199Goat

An interesting theory I've read is that the Guardian is actually Terra's Heartless. The way it's literally connected to Terra-Xehanort/Ansem shows that it isn't an individual entity of its own, as Terra's heart still resides in each being (this is of course assuming that at least a fragment of Terra's heart is in control of Ansem) and the whole imprisoned/tied up look of the Guardian could signify something along those lines. Riku's reaction to the Guardian reaching out to him in DDD, with him paraphrasing Terra heavily hints at this, I think

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
An interesting theory I've read is that the Guardian is actually Terra's Heartless. The way it's literally connected to Terra-Xehanort/Ansem shows that it isn't an individual entity of its own, as Terra's heart still resides in each being (this is of course assuming that at least a fragment of Terra's heart is in control of Ansem) and the whole imprisoned/tied up look of the Guardian could signify something along those lines. Riku's reaction to the Guardian reaching out to him in DDD, with him paraphrasing Terra heavily hints at this, I think

Yeah, that's pretty sure.

So, I guess it goes like this:

Terra's Heart= Xehanort's Heartless's Guardian.
Terra's Mind= Terra's Armor
And, Terra's Body= Possessed by Xehanort.

Veritas7340

It is my theory that when Xehanort tried to expel Terra's heart, it resulted in the Guardian. In the cut-scenes, Terra's interference is never seen at the same time as the Guardian's presence; when Terra immobilizes Xehanort with the golden glow, the Guardian is not present. Terra might be trapped as the Guardian.

There was a moment between Riku and the Guardian in DDD. A youtuber theorized that the Guardian was reaching out for help. After the Guardian disappears, Riku says what he told Terra in BBS: "strength to protect what matters." Riku might have subconsciously recognized the Guardian as Terra. In KHII, Kairi helped Sora to recognize Riku when he had Ansem SoD's appearance. Furthermore, the Guardian has Eraqus's hair style.

Key 0f destiny

Well "teranort" says to "lingering will" "your body submits, your heart succumbs, so why does your mind resist?!", so I'm guessing either his heart succumbed to the inner darkness or just the darkness?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It is my theory that when Xehanort tried to expel Terra's heart, it resulted in the Guardian. In the cut-scenes, Terra's interference is never seen at the same time as the Guardian's presence; when Terra immobilizes Xehanort with the golden glow, the Guardian is not present. Terra might be trapped as the Guardian.
When Aqua enters the "golden dimension" during the second phase of the fight though to work together with Terra, the Guardian is the only targetable enemy.
The one who isn't present is Xehanort.

Anagram

Banned
When Aqua enters the "golden dimension" during the second phase of the fight though to work together with Terra, the Guardian is the only targetable enemy.
The one who isn't present is Xehanort.

To help a bit:

468px-Final_episode_03.jpg

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
I feel that no matter what explanations we may try draw, the true explanation is still a mystery.
There is a great mystery behind the being that is Apprentice Xehanort, and it is on purpose that Nomura left it up to our imagination to discuss who was in control of "Terranort" when he stabbed himself. It is completely ambiguous. Could go either way.
Not to mention that after Master Xehanort stabbed himself the initial time, and subsequently when Terranort also did so, why didn't they create nobodies at that time, and if they did, where are they?

Who knows what happened to Terranort after that event, however what we can gather is that the influence of Xehanort is gone by noticing his eye colour once we begin referring to him as "Apprentice Xehanort." It is not yellow.
Perhaps somebody other than Xehanort grabbed control of his heart? Perhaps he grew a new heart which was revealed to be "a thing" in Dream Drop Distance?

One should also consider the case of Xemnas, his true motives also lie unknown. He seems to be frantically searching for the room which contains Ven inside, whom we have heard to be referred to as his other "friend", meanwhile he seems to also remember who Aqua is, referring to her also as a friend.
We have seen in the small teasers we have been given regarding KH3 that Xigbar and even Young Xehanort may be working on different motives, which are outside of that which Master Xehanort had proposed. Then we also see from the KH2FM cutscene that Xigbar is quite curious himself as to what Xemnas' true motives are, where he approaches Zexion. I don't think it's absurd to question where Xemnas' true allegiance lies.

It is fairly safe to assume that things aren't quite what they seem regarding the mystery of "Xehanort" in general. It almost seems that each one is acting on his own motive, and not on those of Master Xehanort.

As for the Guardian's existence, it is as curious as the aforementioned mystery of "Xehanort". It should be fairly well known now that Xehanort without the X can be rearranged to both "Another" and "No Heart". What exactly is "Xehanort"? I believe examining the plot details of Kingdom Hearts X may be helpful with this :)

Anagram

Banned
Not to mention that after Master Xehanort stabbed himself the initial time, and subsequently when Terranort also did so, why didn't they create nobodies at that time,
Terranort didn't make a nobody at the time because his heart wasn't released. A nobody so far is only known to be born when a strong heart becomes a heartless.
As for master Xehanorts old body I dunno. Dont really care at this point anymore either.

Many claim mystery but imo what we got are dropped ideas. Nomura either had plans or directions for these beings but dropped some of them along the way leaving unexplained instances.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Terranort didn't make a nobody at the time because his heart wasn't released.

That's interesting, I always thought a heart did release. Now that i look at it again, the chest area glows, but nothing comes out. Very interesting...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's interesting, I always thought a heart did release. Now that i look at it again, the chest area glows, but nothing comes out. Very interesting...

Even if a heart releases it is not inevitable that the heart in question falls to darkness and turns into a Heartless.
The creation of a Nobody, as far as we know, can only happen as a byproduct of the creation of a Heartless and even then it is a rare case as not every Heartless in existence has a corresponding Nobody.
Only the strongest hearts which become Heartless can create a Nobody, and of those few only the very strongest produce a human-shaped Nobody.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Even if a heart releases it is not inevitable that the heart in question falls to darkness and turns into a Heartless.
The creation of a Nobody, as far as we know, can only happen as a byproduct of the creation of a Heartless and even then it is a rare case as not every Heartless in existence has a corresponding Nobody.
Only the strongest hearts which become Heartless can create a Nobody, and of those few only the very strongest produce a human-shaped Nobody.

Indeed, however by definition isn't a Nobody the cast off shell remaining behind once the heart has been released from the body and either, as you mentioned, falls to darkness and turns into a heartless or gets taken captive by an already existing heartless? That's why we have ranks of Nobody as well, there exist "weak" ones too.
As it seems to me, if a heart has been released, the remnant, now vacant body becomes a Nobody.

What I'm thinking more now is, again, about Xehanort's unique state of being. Not just Terranort, but also Master Xehanort himself.
He essentially wields darkness and has no fear of it, and I think his reign over it might have something to do with the fact that he wouldn't create a heartless, and consequently no nobody.

Also considering the fact that he could be possessed by or even be the missing Foreteller from the era of chi, I'm sure this plays a huge part in all of this also. I think we are yet to know enough to be able to deduce a lot of these things.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Indeed, however by definition isn't a Nobody the cast off shell remaining behind once the heart has been released from the body and either, as you mentioned, falls to darkness and turns into a heartless or gets taken captive by an already existing heartless? That's why we have ranks of Nobody as well, there exist "weak" ones too.
As it seems to me, if a heart has been released, the remnant, now vacant body becomes a Nobody.

What I'm thinking more now is, again, about Xehanort's unique state of being. Not just Terranort, but also Master Xehanort himself.
He essentially wields darkness and has no fear of it, and I think his reign over it might have something to do with the fact that he wouldn't create a heartless, and consequently no nobody.

Also considering the fact that he could be possessed by or even be the missing Foreteller from the era of chi, I'm sure this plays a huge part in all of this also. I think we are yet to know enough to be able to deduce a lot of these things.

The definition is strictly that the heart has to be stolen or robbed, not just released.
DDD glossary: Nobody said:
If a strong-hearted person loses or is robbed of that heart, their body and spirit can live on as a Nobody.

Releasing a heart doesn't automatically mean that it is lost.
The ranks of the Nobodies only define how strong the heart was that got lost. The stronger the heart, the more humanoid/human-like they are.
The standard procedure for a body without a heart is to fade away, not to produce a Nobody. Producing a Nobody from a "vacant" body is an exception, not the rule.

The explanation is much more simple. Xehanort, as an accomplished Keyblade Master, has the power to release and transfer hearts, his own or others.
Eraqus has the same power as well, the whole Heartless/Nobody-procedure or hearts being "lost" do not apply at all in these cases.
The only case where the Heartless/Nobody-procedure does apply is when Terra-Xehanort gets rid of his heart during the experiment where Ansem and Xemnas are produced.

I don't see what this has to do with any of the Foretellers, the actions taken by Master Xehanort are completely within the scope of what a normal true Keyblade Master is capable of, as stated in the Xehanort Reports in BBS itself.
After all, this is how Eraqus managed to transfer his heart into Terra's as well.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
The standard procedure for a body without a heart is to fade away, not to produce a Nobody. Producing a Nobody from a "vacant" body is an exception, not the rule.

That makes sense. I did think that it was a given that a Nobody would be produced, but this also makes complete sense.

I would also like to argue that, we have seen an instance of where Master Xehanort performed a sort of "Xehanortification", where he perhaps fragments and sends a part of his heart out, and we have seen where he explicitly ejects his own heart out to transfer his being. What he performs on Sora in KH3D is different from the method of transfer he used on Terra in BBS. I'm assuming the same goes for Braig, as after his eyes have become yellow, Master Xehanort is still coexistent with him. He didn't transfer his whole being.
I think the transferring of heart ability that Keyblade Masters attain that you mentioned have more to do with what Master Xehanort did to Braig and what he tried to do to Sora, rather than what happened with Terra. So it's still not exactly clear why a Heartless and Nobody wouldn't of been created at that time.

As for the rest of what you have written, I agree with it on the scope of what we already know, and yes we should base conclusions on the information provided straight out to us, but if you look more at the cryptic things, like the recent teasers for KH3, it raises lots of questions.

The fact that Young Xehanort himself mentions that the Keyblade that Master Xehanort wields is one of the most ancient of all is, just to start, very mysterious. As we know, this Keyblade design shares many similar characteristics to the Keyblades of all the foretellers.
Then we have the dialogue between Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus, where Young Xehanort speaks of a "Lost Master". While it would be natural for Young Xehanort to know about it given that it seems that Eraqus also knew this information, what is interesting is why Young Xehanort brought it up, and why Eraqus was pretending not to know anything. All of this irks of suspicion and has a lot to do with what exactly this man "Xehanort" is. I think it would be quite naive to assume that he is simply a very attained Keyblade Master.
Lastly, in Chi we actually see a cloaked figure, wearing the Organization cloak, speaking among the other 5 Foretellers. They all seem to be listening to him intently. What is said, however, remains hidden. How is this not all suspicious? How can it be that a single person has such foresight and wisdom, being able to a certain extent predict the future? Is it right to simply refer to him as a "Keyblade Master", much less to compare him to the abilities of Eraqus, who was struck down by his own pupil?
Not to mention that this foresight ability also lines up with the Foreteller's text which was also discussed in Chi, and only the Foretellers have access to that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back