• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Want tech help? Here's some information to provide us, so we don't have to ask.

• Thread starter Deleted member 36435
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 36435

I've been using Windows 10 Preview for a while now. Not really worth the switch from Windows 7. Still has a lot of fucking issues to work out and a lot of stupid UI decisions.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I've been using Windows 10 Preview for a while now. Not really worth the switch from Windows 7. Still has a lot of diddlying issues to work out and a lot of stupid UI decisions.

What do you like and dislike about it?

D

Deleted member 36435

Updates nearly every day (It's a preview but it's excessive) without anyway to disable automatic updates or just postpone for infinity. I've never actually had an update be successful, it just reverts the changes and forgets it ever happened after 20 minutes of attempting to update.
Much less control over features than previous. I can't enter Tablet Mode anymore to fix an issue I'm now having with Start Menu, nor do I receive cmd admin power even though I'm the only user on the computer
Random shit will just randomly break, for example I now no longer have a Start Menu.
It automatically sets a lot of Privacy options off so your computer is set to share a shit ton by default..
By default it saves literally every recent file you open in like 100 different places... file browser, start menu, run menu, etc
No way to get rid of Cortana from popping up even though she is disabled
There are a lot of things like this that just make it a pain in the ass to use

I like that it has slightly better performance and looks nicer in some aspects, I guess.
Better multi-monitor support, but Ultramon had me covered with that before

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I am pretty much having problems with my internet. The tabs keep going crazy and when I am watching a video on Youtube, it goes haywire and goes blank and takes a long time to go back to the video. I have also been having problem with Yahoo, especially accessing my Yahoo Mail. It says that I have some error, I believe it is Error 19 or something like that. I got feedback from Yahoo that nothing was wrong. I have done Centurylink's Power Eraser with it, but it just says, "No threats found."

D

Deleted member 36435

I am pretty much having problems with my internet. The tabs keep going crazy and when I am watching a video on Youtube, it goes haywire and goes blank and takes a long time to go back to the video. I have also been having problem with Yahoo, especially accessing my Yahoo Mail. It says that I have some error, I believe it is Error 19 or something like that. I got feedback from Yahoo that nothing was wrong. I have done Centurylink's Power Eraser with it, but it just says, "No threats found."
Run a Malwarebytes Scan:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Another problem is when I type, it sometimes brings up the debug or whatever it is called that is stretched out on the lower half of your screen that has to do with debugging. Can anybody tell me what that is?

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Another problem is when I type, it sometimes brings up the debug or whatever it is called that is stretched out on the lower half of your screen that has to do with debugging. Can anybody tell me what that is?

What Program or Internet Browser are you using for this to appear?

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

chen1995

Website
gamevuihay24h.net
Now, I am having a new problem since moving into my new place. My computer now has this browser with the green flashing and then says that the internet isn't working. It's so annoying having to click out of the pop-ups saying, "Your internet isn't working". Maybe, I should take it into a computer shop to get fixed and scanned from the viruses. What do you guys think is going on?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
download AVG, opt out of the add-ons and toolbars and whatnot and download google chrome making sure to turn off popups. you can also reset to factory if all else fails. good luck!

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I think my computer died. I'm on my phone. I woke up few hours ago. Turned it on and notice the bright light power button was on but engine vroom wasn't heard. Nothing wasn't showing on my monitor. Removed the power cable and even ended up switching it. Notice there was an amber orange light but nothing. Doesn't want to turn on.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I think my computer died. I'm on my phone. I woke up few hours ago. Turned it on and notice the bright light power button was on but engine vroom wasn't heard. Nothing wasn't showing on my monitor. Removed the power cable and even ended up switching it. Notice there was an amber orange light but nothing. Doesn't want to turn on.
remove the battery for a while, put it back and charge it. think it's completely drained.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

Laptop or Desktop? It could be hardware malfunction, unsure because no real specific information.

D

Deleted member 36435

That "engine vroom" you refer to was likely your HDD spinning up. Since you say that sound no longer is happening that means your HDD isn't spinning. The HDD could be have died (likely) or it somehow isn't getting powered (likely, but less so).

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Its a deskstop. Now I'm just getting an orange light. I hold it, turns off. Turns on, stays orange.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Its a Dell Inspiron. Just bought myself another with 12gb of ram and 2 TB hard drive. I may need to fix the other one still. Victor, could it be what chuman said? If thats the case, would be wise to a new CMO battery?

Back