• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would a "Sofia the First" world be GREAT idea for KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gibbs615

I think Enchancia (Sofia the First) would be a good idea for a mini-game world for KH3! Seeing Sora make another friend in Sofia CAN be interesting cause they BOTH have hearts of gold.:wink: I've also been putting this suggestion on other KH websites on hope that those square-enix and disney people AND Nomura who make the game have been looking over the web at fan comments like this and saw mine and got interested in it.

Last edited:

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Well... I doubt it it'll be in the game. I mean, anything is possible but I doubt it. That being said, I know my little sister watches the show and I've seen a few episodes while babysitting her. The world could work as just a side thing if Square really wanted to include it. Just a small side thing only. They could fit it in if they wanted too...

...again, if they wanted too. I don't think the show is really in high demand but then again, I don't follow this show anyways.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I don't even really know how to respond. A lot of people have been talking about why certain properties would work, (including Roy Conli) saying that the 'themes' match up in KH with a certain property, and it's usually something like FRIENDSHIP or FINDING YOURSELF or BEING KIND AND UNDERSTANDING, when these are themes present in almost all media.

Sofia the First is made exclusively for a very young audience. If you enjoy it, that's fine, but it doesn't synchronize with Kingdom Hearts in any way. Unlike Winnie The Pooh, which is a timeless classic, with tons of effort put into every production, Sofia is a flash in the pan kids show. That said, I'm not huge on Winnie The Pooh either, but I find it enjoyable to watch with my nephews, and the 2011 film is genuinely very funny.

While a good portion of KH players weren't keen on the Pooh world, (which is why it's optional) a better portion were pleased by it's inclusion because it's a multi-generational beloved classic. Children don't typically play KH these days, so your average player is going to wonder what the hell "Sofia The First" is, and promptly avoid that part of the game. I sure as hell would. I thought Atlantica in KH2 was cringy.

So, in short, no, I don't thinkg it would be a GREAT idea for KH3.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
... Bro. If they aren't even considering the likes of Gravity Falls, why in all worlds would they put in a show like that? Square's target audience at this point is mostly teens and people who have grown up with their franchises, not really young girls.

What's next, Jake and the Neverland Pirates? Disney Channel shitcoms?

Morgenstern

Awards
I don't even really know how to respond. A lot of people have been talking about why certain properties would work, (including Roy Conli) saying that the 'themes' match up in KH with a certain property, and it's usually something like FRIENDSHIP or FINDING YOURSELF or BEING KIND AND UNDERSTANDING, when these are themes present in almost all media.

I'd even made the same argument for MLP (In fact It's one of the few 3rd party crossovers I don't think is cringey, fanbase perception aside)

However There is another reason why either would not work (besides the target audience), Think about it, Did you ever see Gadget working on Gummi ships in Disney Castle, or maybe worlds named Middleton or Gravity Falls, maybe someone peddling horrible snacks in Traverse Town or the good King hosting a club soemwhere?

If the answer to all of the above is No, then you should know why. Disney and Square seem rather adverse to using TV shows for the games, even ones connected with the movies. A Sofia the First would would be impossible to implement at this point, no matter how fitting one thinks it is.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The reason TV shows don't typically work in KH is because they have no immediate sense of urgency or scale. The stories take place over a long time, several seasons even. That, and the tone of shows like Gravity Falls just doesn't match with KH in any way (Kingdom Hearts is not funny or clever)

Movies work because the concepts aren't too large and developed to work with.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, Kingdom Hearts' actual audience is made up of teenagers and adults, not to mention Nomura stayed in more recent interviews that Kingdom Hearts isn't a children's game anymore haha. There are definitely kids who play Kingdom Hearts, but the amount of them is dwarfed by the amount of adults who play.

That said, Sofia the First is an interesting Disney Junior series. I don't think it appeals to the masses like other kids-oriented programming does, though. Winnie the Pooh is rather timeless, so it really works well with Kingdom Hearts.

I can't say the same of Sofia the First. Also I feel like Sofia's magic necklace would complicate things a bit.

It calls upon all of the princesses that have ever existed, and lol that seems like a really "cheap" ability as it were.

As for TV shows in general, the problem is definitely they fact they are long-running, but it is always possible to pick one popular story arc from the series and fit them into a game if it is so desired. Including characters from them also isn't as hard of a thing as people imagine. The only reason they don't make it is in probably a mix of Disney not really bothering to offer them and SE probably not really knowing about them/the popularity around them.

Morgenstern

Awards
Including characters from them also isn't as hard of a thing as people imagine. The only reason they don't make it is in probably a mix of Disney not really bothering to offer them and SE probably not really knowing about them/the popularity around them.

Should we mail Square about Gadget's Russian cult then?

Actually that might be a bad idea.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i watched it as a kid in reruns on toon disney but i don't remember anything about it.

Morgenstern

Awards
i watched it as a kid in reruns on toon disney but i don't remember anything about it.

Well then time for an explanation.

Gadget is a character created for that show, a mechanic and one of the more popular characters there (to the point where there is a Russian cult for her, which you'd find ironic given a certain episode, a clip from which in in Spockanort's post below)

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;h9kUJc_TSB0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9kUJc_TSB0[/video]

I'm going to leave this here and show how awesome she is. She's also eye candy to the males of the show haha

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I've never watched this, but I guess there's always the possibility they could put it in as a side quest/game. Of course, I thought some of the appeal was the cameos by other Disney characters, which wouldn't be possible in KH.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I know adults definitely watches Sofia the First, but the chances of this world happening isn't that high imo.

namine_ftw

As much as I would love a new optional world in KH3, I don't know if Sofia the First is the best choice. Maybe it can be fit in somehow, but I'm skeptical.
[video=youtube;PfsUIxCj5Zk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfsUIxCj5Zk[/video]

This is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back