• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New information on Kingdom Hearts X[chi] Back Cover & 0.2 Birth By Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Megaverse

Re: New information on Kingdom Hearts X[chi] Back Cover & 0.2 Birth By Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage

Some-memes-part2-kingdom-hearts-and-final-fantasy-32847130-500-373.jpg

Exactly!! This rodent of a monarch keeping his secrets close to the belt!! The guy forgot the name Xehanort for goodness sakes!! How do you forget the name of the man who screwed over 3 of your friends?! If there is one thing in this series that erks me to this day it's Mickey's forgetfulness. I can understand not bringing up TAV to Sora during KH2 since they were facing the Organization and really needed to focus on that, but as soon as Xemnas was defeated and Sora returned to the islands Mickey should have sat his ass down and spilled all the beans. And to forget about Xehanort...like WTF Mickey?!

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Re: New information on Kingdom Hearts X[chi] Back Cover & 0.2 Birth By Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage

Heck, maybe Mickey's confession causes the others to feel they need to speak about some things, too.

...I want this so much now. OMG. It would just be SO nice. Instead of hectic craziness, it would be great to see the characters sit down and have a nice little chat about things that happened from their PoV... before everything goes to hell in KHIII.

But seriously... I want that SO badly now. It won't happen, but this way of moving the narrative forward would be something so remarakable to behold! Mainly that our heroes/friends usually only get to spend five seconds together, if that, so this could be their chance to maybe spend some time together. LOL.

In fact, now I'm thinking of this fanfiction here https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6412617/1/As-I-Remember-It that does something similar to the idea, but of course it wouldn't be as cracky as it is. LOL.

Well, if there's one thing we can learn from all of this... If SE claims that they aren't remaking or remastering something, they are lying.

This is a wise mentality to have with anything when it comes to this company, tbh. LOL.

kreezy64

Awards

Heck, maybe Mickey's confession causes the others to feel they need to speak about some things, too.

If this DOES happen right at the end of Drop, and this were to happen, imagine everyone there: Sora, Riku, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Yensid, possibly even Kairi and Lea, if they aren't training already, or if it happened before/after.

We essentially know everything from Sora so he'd just kinda be listening, or maybe talk about the Lingering Sentiment. Riku could talk about his and Mickey's time in the RoD, maybe a bit of his journey after Chain of Memories, when he was working with DiZ during Days. Maybe this is where Kairi would bring up stuff about that scene at the mansion if that even actually happened during KH2, or maybe when she was with Pluto and kinda touching on some things that weren't explained in game, but were included in the manga (that's basically considered canon right?)

Then there's Lea. BOY could he finally spill the beans on what the hell happened to him and Isa when they were turned into Nobodies, but maybe more likely would be why exactly he went back to Radiant Garden after DDD and maybe get a glimpse of a scene from there.

Granted none of that has to do with Aqua, if we don't get it there, we'll probably get a good bit of similar stuff in KH3

x.ion

Great news T_T I really can't waaaaaaaait!!!!! Another living story of BBS T_T BBSV2

Although this means we will have to wait longer for KHIII.. well, it doesn't matter, KH taught us patience :)

In addition to what everyone said, I hope we will get to know about the hidden data inside Sora, too. It could be hints about the lost friends..

Mr. Megaverse

If this DOES happen right at the end of Drop, and this were to happen, imagine everyone there: Sora, Riku, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Yensid, possibly even Kairi and Lea, if they aren't training already, or if it happened before/after.

We essentially know everything from Sora so he'd just kinda be listening, or maybe talk about the Lingering Sentiment. Riku could talk about his and Mickey's time in the RoD, maybe a bit of his journey after Chain of Memories, when he was working with DiZ during Days. Maybe this is where Kairi would bring up stuff about that scene at the mansion if that even actually happened during KH2, or maybe when she was with Pluto and kinda touching on some things that weren't explained in game, but were included in the manga (that's basically considered canon right?)

Then there's Lea. BOY could he finally spill the beans on what the hell happened to him and Isa when they were turned into Nobodies, but maybe more likely would be why exactly he went back to Radiant Garden after DDD and maybe get a glimpse of a scene from there.

Granted none of that has to do with Aqua, if we don't get it there, we'll probably get a good bit of similar stuff in KH3

This would have been a much better use of a game than something like Re:Coded. Instead of Re:Coded, this should have been a game and the title: Kingdom Hearts: Reconnect?

sorayahya

This is basically Kingdom Hearts: Ground Zeroes XD , giving us a taste of the graphic and gameplay of Kingdom Hearts 3.

Muke

whatever
Awards

I am so hoping fir KH 2.8 to come out on a friday, so that I can play through the weekend.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I am so hoping fir KH 2.8 to come out on a friday, so that I can play through the weekend.
I am 98% certain that it will come out on the Friday in Europe!

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

0.2 is definitely my most anticipated of all the titles, but X Back Cover fascinates me so much, especially with how it seems like we may truly get character interactions and insights into characters. The dialogue that played over all the Foretellers kind of was bone chilling, especially the line like "I found the traitor." Omg.

These two sound better and better. Even more fitting that they be placed with my favorite KH installment.

A Fragmentary Passage

Mickey: "12 years ago, my friend Aqua fell into the realm of darkness when trying to save a friend. She's been wandering around in there ever since."

*scene changes to Aqua and we get control of her and we take a step*

Sora: "Hey, Mickey...if you know she's there, why didn't you rescue her? I mean, you and Riku were even in there after we closed the Door to Darkness."

Mickey: "Uhhh..."

Reconnect. Kingdom Hearts

This post deserves everything.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Exactly!! This rodent of a monarch keeping his secrets close to the belt!! The guy forgot the name Xehanort for goodness sakes!! How do you forget the name of the man who screwed over 3 of your friends?! If there is one thing in this series that erks me to this day it's Mickey's forgetfulness. I can understand not bringing up TAV to Sora during KH2 since they were facing the Organization and really needed to focus on that, but as soon as Xemnas was defeated and Sora returned to the islands Mickey should have sat his ass down and spilled all the beans. And to forget about Xehanort...like WTF Mickey?!

While the Xehanort thing is indeed a little weird (but hey, maybe the name "Xehanort" is as common in the KH universe as it is "John", "Jack" or "Peter" in our world), him not talking about TAV may have other, deeper going reasons.
First off, why would Mickey talk about TAV with Sora, Riku or Kairi around KH II or earlier? He does not even know that there is a connection between the two trios until Coded.

When Data-Naminé shows them the painful memories and TAV appear, he shouts "It can't be!" in total surprise and Data-Naminé addresses him with: "Mickey, maybe you know how much they're hurting. These three were keys, too. They were connected to the truth behind the Keyblade. And, they're still connected, Sora, somewhere way down deep inside of you."
This is the moment Mickey realizes that at least Sora is somehow connected to TAV. Furthermore, when viewing these memories of the tormented ones it is the very first time Mickey gets to see how Roxas looks like, and that's why in the Re: Coded secret ending he says to Yen Sid: "Yen Sid... I think we're finally close to figuring out where Ven's heart is."
It is only in Coded that Mickey gets to finally connect the dots.

Secondly, as the ending credits of BBS show when Mickey hands his Keyblade to Yen Sid, he obviously feels quite an amount of guilt and shame about the fact that he wasn't able to save anyone of the BBS-Trio from Xehanort's schemes.
When he talks with Master Xehanort about them in the finale of DDD, this also shines through, so him not talking about TAV openly might not only be forgetfulness, but deliberate avoidance because it is a very painful topic for Mickey himself.

I'm pretty sure that Aqua's the only one who can find the Chamber of Awakening in Castle Oblivion. Something tells me that it's not as simple as just telling someone else about the chamber's existence. Weird magic stuff probably made it so that Aqua's the only being who can have physical access to that place.

Ven's revival is kind of a forgone conclusion at this point, and to do that, they'll need to find his body. And to find the body, they will need Aqua. So basically Aqua's got a nice coat of plot armor for now.

She is, Eraqus flat out stated it in BBS. Because Aqua is the one who used the mechanism that created Castle Oblivion, only she can solve the riddles of the castle and truly find the chamber where Ven's body and soul are hidden.
This means that in order to reach Ventus and restore him, both Sora and Aqua are needed together.

Maybe this is where Kairi would bring up stuff about that scene at the mansion if that even actually happened during KH2, or maybe when she was with Pluto and kinda touching on some things that weren't explained in game, but were included in the manga (that's basically considered canon right?)
Err nope, the manga is explicitly not considered canon.
It's the novels that can have a certain degree of canon relevance, third tier canon after games and interviews to be exact, because Nomura actually has some input on them.

The mangas of Amano are considered a parallel/alternate universe.

This would have been a much better use of a game than something like Re:Coded. Instead of Re:Coded, this should have been a game and the title: Kingdom Hearts: Reconnect?

Re: Coded's main objective was to give more hints about that everything can have a heart (as Data-Sora having grown a heart is a big deal), practically foreshadowing what was eventually confirmed in DDD and to show how Mickey's letter at the end of KH 2 came to be.
It's practically a "preparation" for DDD.
Yet still, that could have been solved in a shorter manner and actually been combined with the scenario described about Mickey finally giving a true briefing to the SRK-Trio, as his letter actually left very much to be desired and was more vague than anything.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

I didnt think that time would come but since DDD came out and now the HD version with this added nonsense with it, i will not be playing those games anymore.
I might try it but definetly not pay for this.

why-you-always-lying-feat.jpg

Anyway, I'm ready for this. I wonder how big this episode'll be. An episode doesn't necessarily have to be really short. It could actually be pretty lengthy (but short compared to a typical KH game).

Dr_Mario64

why-you-always-lying-feat.jpg

Anyway, I'm ready for this. I wonder how big this episode'll be. An episode doesn't necessarily have to be really short. It could actually be pretty lengthy (but short compared to a typical KH game).

I imagine it would be somewhere in the 3-5 hour range, as the graphics and the fact that it's on PS4 all point to 0.2 being an extended pseudo-demo for KH3. Just my theory though...

Mr. Megaverse

While the Xehanort thing is indeed a little weird (but hey, maybe the name "Xehanort" is as common in the KH universe as it is "John", "Jack" or "Peter" in our world), him not talking about TAV may have other, deeper going reasons.

I can kind of understand him not recognizing Terra-Xehanort when he first saw him upon visiting Ansem the Wise for the reasons that Mickey only knew of Xehanort as an old man up until that point and also because Mickey never actually sees Terra in BBS.

But once Xehanort began causing trouble with the heartless and nobodies Mickey should have connected at least some of the dots that Master Xehanort and Terra-Xehanort were at least connected in some way. And besides Mickey, Yen Sid, a man who knew Xehanort for a long time, should have figured it out.

And then Mickey forgetting Xehanort's name later on in KH2 is just silly.
==============

First off, why would Mickey talk about TAV with Sora, Riku or Kairi around KH II or earlier? He does not even know that there is a connection between the two trios until Coded.

When Data-Naminé shows them the painful memories and TAV appear, he shouts "It can't be!" in total surprise and Data-Naminé addresses him with: "Mickey, maybe you know how much they're hurting. These three were keys, too. They were connected to the truth behind the Keyblade. And, they're still connected, Sora, somewhere way down deep inside of you."
This is the moment Mickey realizes that at least Sora is somehow connected to TAV. Furthermore, when viewing these memories of the tormented ones it is the very first time Mickey gets to see how Roxas looks like, and that's why in the Re: Coded secret ending he says to Yen Sid: "Yen Sid... I think we're finally close to figuring out where Ven's heart is."
It is only in Coded that Mickey gets to finally connect the dots.

Secondly, as the ending credits of BBS show when Mickey hands his Keyblade to Yen Sid, he obviously feels quite an amount of guilt and shame about the fact that he wasn't able to save anyone of the BBS-Trio from Xehanort's schemes.
When he talks with Master Xehanort about them in the finale of DDD, this also shines through, so him not talking about TAV openly might not only be forgetfulness, but deliberate avoidance because it is a very painful topic for Mickey himself.

Well when you put it that way I feel bad for Mickey. I just always thought that Mickey would want to ask Sora and Riku to help him search for TAV. I don't expect him to have known about the connections between TAV and SRK, but I figured Mickey would be happy to get some help in finding his friends since he's been unable to do it for a decade +.

But what about Goofy & Donald? They saw and spoke with Ven back in BBS yet when they saw the picture of Roxas in KH2, surely that should have triggered their memories of Ven and then they should have told Mickey that Roxas looked like Ven.

Re: Coded's main objective was to give more hints about that everything can have a heart (as Data-Sora having grown a heart is a big deal), practically foreshadowing what was eventually confirmed in DDD and to show how Mickey's letter at the end of KH 2 came to be.
It's practically a "preparation" for DDD.
Yet still, that could have been solved in a shorter manner and actually been combined with the scenario described about Mickey finally giving a true briefing to the SRK-Trio, as his letter actually left very much to be desired and was more vague than anything.

Re:Coded just seemed like something that could be summed up at some point in KH3D. It also doesn't make sense that Mickey would let Sora dive into the Realm a Sleep, a place connected to the darkness, when Data-Namine told him that Sora's connection to TAV and RAX could damage his heart if he isn't ready for it. Even more so we learn in KH3D that Sleep and Memories are tied together, which gives even more reason why Mickey shouldn't have let Sora enter the realm of sleep. I think it would have made more sense for Sora & Riku to go the Realm of Sleep to unlock the sleeping keyholes and while they're doing that Mickey, Donald, and Goofy could have been trying to unlock Namine's message in the journal. Once Mickey learns about Sora's connections to TAV and how these connections could damage him, then Mickey could have returned to Yen Sid's tower to tell Yen Sid to pull Sora out of the Realm of Sleep which would lead into the conversation about Xehanort getting involved in Sora and Riku's Exam.

Moogy

Wow, I got nothing to say except, why does it matter to us, a active Kingdom Hrarts fansite. And Tinny covered it better, I have nothng to dsay except, wow you're all the company crack over DDD and 03. not being added in 2.5.

I didnt get any answers either from you except very short comment hinting that you're a little bit offended ;) And why mention the most active site ? I mean i think thats great :)
Im sorry if i touch a few buttons but im entitled to my opinion.
Im the crack ? xp Maybe rephrase so i can understand because its quite hard to read or understand.
Mainly because its poorly written and very short.

3D needed to be brought to the current generation of consoles, it was the only game that hadn't made the leap and Square probably couldn't justify just porting it.

You think that the addition of 0.2 is what's going to make the story confusing?

I'm still not sure what you're upset about. You made a manifesto about not playing Kingdom Hearts anymore on the most active Kingdom Hearts fansite?

While i love the francise, the sequels and the added crap nowadays has no limits anymore. It was fine when the DS and PSP stuff was rolling out but now they are tying the storyline from all angles and they wanna get you hooked on the phone games now so you can catch up to the crazy confusing complex storyline that used to be so simple.
While im on it i love KH1,CoM and "Days" due to its creativity and simplicity.
What they did best was starting from KH1 and going to castle oblivion where Roxas had his story and everything.
That was intense creativity and i loved it. What comes after that in my opinion is forced uncreative load of garbage.

I still enjoy some of it to some extent but its soo unneccesarily complex with really bad storyline.
I mean what was DDD about ?? And now theyre gonna make KH 2.9, adding a new chapter to BbS where you thought 2.5 should've included that ?

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Not sure where to put this, but GameXeplain did a discussion video about KH2.8:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSWKiIGIjI4
These guys seem to pretty hard-core fans, and it is always nice to see people how now a lot of stuff about the series. Also, KHInsider mentioned a couple of times in this video! :D Ben Diskin is also a friend of one of the guys talking in the video, and he played BBS for the first time trough the 2.5 version. He played it with Ben if I remember correctly.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Re:Coded just seemed like something that could be summed up at some point in KH3D. It also doesn't make sense that Mickey would let Sora dive into the Realm a Sleep, a place connected to the darkness, when Data-Namine told him that Sora's connection to TAV and RAX could damage his heart if he isn't ready for it. Even more so we learn in KH3D that Sleep and Memories are tied together, which gives even more reason why Mickey shouldn't have let Sora enter the realm of sleep. I think it would have made more sense for Sora & Riku to go the Realm of Sleep to unlock the sleeping keyholes and while they're doing that Mickey, Donald, and Goofy could have been trying to unlock Namine's message in the journal. Once Mickey learns about Sora's connections to TAV and how these connections could damage him, then Mickey could have returned to Yen Sid's tower to tell Yen Sid to pull Sora out of the Realm of Sleep which would lead into the conversation about Xehanort getting involved in Sora and Riku's Exam.

Gotta say, I would've liked this scenario better.

Anagram

Banned

Re:Coded just seemed like something that could be summed up at some point in KH3D.

To be honest it could've but the same could've been said for summing up Roxas reasons for leaving the Org and why he was in the tutorial of KH2.
Coded's light story and gameplay make it one of the best to me. Something fun but not necessary as handheld titles, in my mind, should be.

Dr_Mario64

To be honest it could've but the same could've been said for summing up Roxas reasons for leaving the Org and why he was in the tutorial of KH2.
Coded's light story and gameplay make it one of the best to me. Something fun but not necessary as handheld titles, in my mind, should be.

Also, let's not forget that KH2 was Roxa's introduction. Considering he IS a major character, I don't think a cliffnote summary would've sufficed. Because of that, I seem to be one of the few people that appreciates KH2's prologue!

Coded is another story entirely. Having watched the cutscenes, Coded's plotline is almost entirely exposition, so I feel like a cutscene or a few jounal entries in 3D could've worked just as well.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I can kind of understand him not recognizing Terra-Xehanort when he first saw him upon visiting Ansem the Wise for the reasons that Mickey only knew of Xehanort as an old man up until that point and also because Mickey never actually sees Terra in BBS.

But once Xehanort began causing trouble with the heartless and nobodies Mickey should have connected at least some of the dots that Master Xehanort and Terra-Xehanort were at least connected in some way. And besides Mickey, Yen Sid, a man who knew Xehanort for a long time, should have figured it out.

And then Mickey forgetting Xehanort's name later on in KH2 is just silly.
==============

Well when you put it that way I feel bad for Mickey. I just always thought that Mickey would want to ask Sora and Riku to help him search for TAV. I don't expect him to have known about the connections between TAV and SRK, but I figured Mickey would be happy to get some help in finding his friends since he's been unable to do it for a decade +.

But what about Goofy & Donald? They saw and spoke with Ven back in BBS yet when they saw the picture of Roxas in KH2, surely that should have triggered their memories of Ven and then they should have told Mickey that Roxas looked like Ven.

True, and in BBS Mickey also only sees the original Master Xehanort from far away as he helps Aqua fighting against the Vanitas-possessed Ventus. He never actually comes face to face with MX before DDD.

But do we know that Mickey actually had the information about it being Xehanort who caused the trouble with the Heartless and Nobodies? At first, everyone was believing that Ansem had gone off the deep end and caused all this. During Chain of Memories, Mickey continues to call Ansem SoD just "Ansem", which means that he didn't have the information he gives Sora, Donald and Goofy about the "Ansem" from KH 1 being an impostor from the get-go. Somewhere in the time between CoM and KH 2 Mickey must have learned that the "Ansem" doing the experiments and causing all this ruckus wasn't the real Ansem, which jump-started his quest to find the real Ansem which he is pursuing during much of KH 2 itself.
KH 2 said:
Goofy: Uh, I'm kinda confused. If he's a fake, then what happened to the real Ansem?

Mickey: Well, that's just what I'm tryin' to figure out.
Ansem the Wise should know all about Organization XIII's plans, and what's been happening to the worlds.
I'm pretty sure he'll give us some help. Ya know, I came close to finding him once...

Since he met Terra-Xehanort only once in Ansem's study though for a few minutes (which was also at least 9 years ago), he didn't realize the "fake Ansem" was the Heartless of Xehanort until he saw Xemnas' face, which triggered the memory from this meeting years ago.
Just like Axel/Lea didn't remember Ventus after a single meeting ten years ago, Mickey didn't remember his meeting with Xehanort from nine years ago until a trigger awakened that memory. And unlike Axel/Lea, who's memories of Ventus were not triggered when looking at Roxas, Mickey's memory did trigger.

It's okay, many people seem to overlook this aspect of Mickey in the KH series, but his failure to save Terra, Aqua and Ven is really something that's nagging him. Sora and Riku have many problems and tasks of their own and Mickey being Mickey didn't want to burden them with something that he feels is his duty to tackle. In this vein Mickey is a little similar to Riku in that he wants to do most things alone if possible and don't bother others with it. You'll also notice that during DDD whenever he was going to move out he was initally set on going alone. Donald and Goofy had to insist to accompany him more than once.

Eh, we're speaking of Donald and Goofy here. Both their memory isn't really the best and even more importantly is it the same situation as with Lea/Axel. Lea/Axel, Donald and Goofy all met and spoke with Ventus, but by the time of KH II that was eleven years later, and just like Lea/Axel didn't trigger the memory (and he had Roxas in person sitting beside him instead of a photo), Donald and Goofy also did not.
Mickey on the other hand met with Ven several times and they bonded quite a bit, so Mickey had not only more memories of Ven, him triggering the memory of Xehanort when seeing Xemnas also implies that he has a better cognitive ability in regards to faces than Donald, Goofy and Lea/Axel do which certainly helped when he first saw Roxas in the memories shown during Coded.
I guess this is also one of the reasons why in all games where Roxas was available as a physical person it was paid attention to that he and Mickey never met in person.

That's entirely correct. It doesn't make sense this way, which is why I assume that Nomura did it this way in order to yet again make it more "surprising".
In Re: Coded Mickey promised the Data-Naminé that he would inform the other Sora about her findings and her warning. Yet he didn't do so in the letter nor did he in the briefings made before Yen Sid started the exam. They didn't expect Xehanort to interfere with the exam, so it is possible that Mickey planned to fill Sora in after the exam, but it nonetheless is true that it was an oversight on Mickey's part which put unneccessary danger on Sora.

What makes this so head-banging-against-wall-worthy is indeed that the plan Xehanort, Xemnas and Xigbar used to make Sora fall into their trap involved exactly the dangers Data-Naminé warned about. Had Mickey filled in Sora beforehand and he knew about Ventus, Roxas and the other hearts inside him as well as the connections to Terra and Aqua, Xemnas' and Young Xehanort's mind games would have not had such an impact on Sora at all.

The scenario you propose is actually the best of both worlds as this would not only give the whole warning of Data-Naminé more impact overall, having the plot of Coded and DDD running parallel to each other would also have not let Mickey look like he's somewhat irresponsible by not filling Sora in on something this important. He simply wouldn't have known yet.
Heck, even Maleficent's new story arc with the Datascape could have been more effective with this scenario, as instead of the "Forces of Darkness growing stronger" as an explanation as to why Maleficent could enter Disney Castle, she could simply have followed Mickey, Donald and Goofy when they left the Datascape again and then have the scene we see in DDD with Lea entering shortly after.

Now I somewhat wish they would have done it the way you describe. It's much more coherent without really changing something substantial. Ok, the substantial thing changed would be that Mickey didn't write the letter at the end of Coded which would then be read by SRK in the last scene of KH 2, but that letter could be simply changed to Yen Sid/Mickey inviting Sora and Riku to take the MoM (as Yen Sid knows that Xehanort will return without anything found out by Mickey during Coded).
Sora, Riku and Kairi then arrive at the Mysterious Tower and things play out like in DDD, except that Kairi will be there to witness the exam as well and Yen Sid will inform Mickey that Jiminy has found a strange message in one of the Journals he never wrote, starting the plot of Coded parallel to the one of DDD.

Not sure where to put this, but GameXeplain did a discussion video about KH2.8:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSWKiIGIjI4
These guys seem to pretty hard-core fans, and it is always nice to see people how now a lot of stuff about the series. Also, KHInsider mentioned a couple of times in this video! :D Ben Diskin is also a friend of one of the guys talking in the video, and he played BBS for the first time trough the 2.5 version. He played it with Ben if I remember correctly.

Heh, I can see it, Ben Diskin is getting into the series due to his voice work, lol.

Gotta say, I would've liked this scenario better.

This scenario is miles better than the official one and it would forego many inconsistencies of the official version.

Also, let's not forget that KH2 was Roxa's introduction. Considering he IS a major character, I don't think a cliffnote summary would've sufficed. Because of that, I seem to be one of the few people that appreciates KH2's prologue!
Incognito is not talking about Roxas' role in KH 2, but about Days.

Just like Coded could be "summed up" in DDD (or run parallel with it as Mr. Megaverse so brilliantly proposed), the same can be said about Days.
The core story about "Roxas' reasons why he left the Organisation", his friendship with Axel etc. could have been easily "summed up" by expanding KH 2 a little with some additional flashbacks which show more of Roxas' time in the Organisation.
It would also have the advantage of showing the Organisation as a whole more and make them better fleshed out villains and characters in KH 2 itself.
The only disadvantages of this approach would be that there would be no playable Roxas beyond the KH 2 prologue and that there would most likely be no Xion (although this might be seen by quite a chunk of the fanbase as not so much of a disadvantage).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back