• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura on the title of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, 0.1 in Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Famitsu was able to sit down with Kingdom Hearts Series Director Tetsuya Nomura to discuss the brand new title in the series, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. In this piece of the interview, he explains the reasoning behind the collection and the games included in the collection, dispels possibility of a "Kingdom Hearts 2.9" game, and discusses why Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 is on PS4 only!

We will be translating the full interview, but for now read the translation of the first part below thanks to Zephyr:

––So after KH1.5 and KH2.5, then came 2.8. I was surprised. Please tell us the origin of the title that contains 2.8.

Nomura: It contains a bit of meaning. First, we considered the types of games that are being included such as KH3D and with the previous work being 2.5… it would be positioned as “2.6” corresponding to the works. And there’s χ, Unchained χ, and χ Back Cover, being part of the Chi series, I believe would be called the “0” with Sora’s absence. In KHBBS it’s “0.1” and this time KH0.2BBS includes the title “0.2”. So, “2.6”+”0”+”0.2” comes out as a number that turns into “2.8”.

––I see! Numberings along the timeline of the series have been brought so adding them together would bring it to that.

Nomura: In the secret episode of KHBBSFM, I believe it displayed “0.5”. After that it would be a full volume sequel to BBS. Being a sequel to BBS as a full volume, it was supposed to advance as “0.5”but because KH3 is still a priority, this time “0.1” went up one step to “0.2”.

––So, is it possible that KH2.9 might be released?

Nomura: The next one is KH3 (laughs). There is a subtitle in 2.8 that has “Final Chapter”. Because of its prologue implications, KH3 would be the final chapter of the Dark Seeker series. With the meaning of 0.1 left, you will understand it in KH3.

––That “0.1” is worrisome… with KH2.8 being only on the PS4, KH1.5 and KH2.5 was released on the PS3 and was it difficult to transition?

Nomura: Because of the gameplay of KH0.2BBS, it uses KH3’s tech and it will only work on the PS4. Since the current development situation has become one for the PS4, it would be difficult to make it for the PS3. In addition, for the players, we wanted to show the atmosphere of KH3 even just a little. For KH0.2BBS, it’s not exactly the same but it incorporates some of the system from KH3.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on the future of the Kingdom Hearts series.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Nomura on the title of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8,

thank you nomura for confrirming 2.9 rumors and that 2.8 is 2.9

Anagram

Banned

thank you nomura for confrirming 2.9 rumors and that 2.8 is 2.9

I can't believe your still going on about that.

Also thank you Nomura for dodging the aspect of 1.5 & 2.5 being on PS3. Console spread still lives.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Also thank you Nomura for dodging the aspect of 1.5 & 2.5 being on PS3. Console spread still lives.

2 consoles (sort of 3 but everybody owns a phone and if they don't how do they survive) is better than like 5 or whatever it was before.

And we already know post KH3 they will have one massive collection. There is just no way that is happening. If people want to complain? Go ahead, but Nomura has tried his best to get these games onto as few places as possible and look at that! He has.

(Please know my irritation isn't directed solely at your comment but at most people who complain. This issue exists for a number of series, and I only see this complaining happen with KH on a near daily basis no matter what game is brought up)

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

really enough already we saw that 2.9 leak said atrractions flow which is going to be in 0.2 which is why they moved it ps4 and changed the number if you dont want to believe me that fine but with nomura saiing the next game is kh3 that dispel the 2.9 rumors

Axel92

Awards
0.1 will be a real KH3 demo before KH3?
Or did i understand nothing?

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

2 consoles (sort of 3 but everybody owns a phone and if they don't how do they survive) is better than like 5 or whatever it was before.

2 is still better than five like you said. Plus that's ten games on four discs and two Sony Consoles because all the other Consoles shouldn't matter right now.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
really enough already we saw that 2.9 leak said atrractions flow which is going to be in 0.2 which is why they moved it ps4 and changed the number if you dont want to believe me that fine but with nomura saiing the next game is kh3 that dispel the 2.9 rumors

He was merely pointing out that you are still insisting on bringing up the 2.9 LinkedIn leak at every opportunity instead of moving on from it like everyone else did once 2.8 was announced, not disagreeing with... whatever you just said that has no relevance here.

0.1 will be a real KH3 demo before KH3?
Or did i understand nothing?

It will become clear when the rest of the interview goes up xD

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
You guys are missing the point and its time to giddy up!

"Kingdom Hearts 3 is next"

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
He was merely pointing out that you are still insisting on bringing up the 2.9 LinkedIn leak at every opportunity instead of moving on from it like everyone else did once 2.8 was announced, not disagreeing with... whatever you just said that has no relevance here.
i know that all i said thank you nomura there confirming this is no 2.9 because some people still believe is 2.9 still exists i just didn't like he said it to me not arguging

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I didn't understand the 2.9 part. Does Nomura mean that the 0.1 missing from 2.9 to 3.0 is part of Kingdom Hearts III, being the real prologue. And what about the 0.1 from 2.8 to 2.9 then?

Also, it seems BBS Volume Two is indeed 0.5 and not 0.2. I'm a bit uneasy about the 0.1 being BBS itself and 0 being the [chi] saga though, does that mean that the mere 100 year gap from the Famitsu preview is actually true? Maybe this is more evidence that [chi] is not really set in the time of the Keyblade War but plays at a different time.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I didn't understand the 2.9 part. Does Nomura mean that the 0.1 missing from 2.9 to 3.0 is part of Kingdom Hearts III, being the real prologue. And what about the 0.1 from 2.8 to 2.9 then?

Also, it seems BBS Volume Two is indeed 0.5 and not 0.2. I'm a bit uneasy about the 0.1 being BBS itself and 0 being the [chi] saga though, does that mean that the mere 100 year gap from the Famitsu preview is actually true? Maybe this is more evidence that [chi] is not really set in the time of the Keyblade War but plays at a different time.

I think what is trying to be elaborated is that there is something between the gaps of 0.2 and KH3 that will be addressed in KH3.

Hirokey123

Awards
I was thinking the 0.1 was saying there would be a small time gap between 0.2 and KH3 kind of like how there is a gap between KH1 and KH2 just less drastic. It might account for Sora's sudden amazing new skills and keyblade like perhaps Sora goes through proper training off screen thus completely avoiding any need to explain Sora's improved abilities at the start of KH3, but will be something they can flashback. I mean Yensid did say he needs to be taught the proper way and...well no matter how you stand nothing in DDD qualifies as "proper" training it's just more self teaching. Then again I'm just spitballing the full interview will probably make whatever he was saying clearer.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Agreeing with Master here, two consoles instead of five is better. I am also kinda tired about hearing this issue all the time when speaking about KH. This is the way things unfortunately are going to be... just give up and move on please.

The name of this tittle is still kinda strange(which does not bother me that much to be honest), but it is cool to see that there is a logic behind the naming.
Also Nomura saying that KHIII is next shut up`s the jokester`s who say there is gonna be KH:2.9/djveee90r43ur etc... before KHIII.

Because of the gameplay of KH0.2BBS, it uses KH3’s tech and it will only work on the PS4. Since the current development situation has become one for the PS4, it would be difficult to make it for the PS3. In addition, for the players, we wanted to show the atmosphere of KH3 even just a little. For KH0.2BBS, it’s not exactly the same but it incorporates some of the system from KH3.

Hmm, I wonder. What Nomura precisely means when he mentions the atmosphere? Is he just talking about how the gameplay and the worlds are gonna work etc... Or maybe he means the atmosphere in a different sense. Like KHIII is gonna be really dark or something like that. What a better way to show this, than a gameplay section in the Realm of Darkness, the most depressing place found in KH universe.

Hirokey123

Awards

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
lol at the collections not coming to the PS4. I'll believe it only when I have KH3 and not the rest for PS4 on my hands.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hrm so...hrm...Okay I give I don't quite get what he is saying. Is he saying there is actually a part of KH3 in 0.2 but it's a part of KH3 that we won't experience in KH3 yet will still touch upon, with that part being the missing 0.1?

Pretty much.

Because 0.2 is short, they aren't able to tell the full story of what BBSv2 was going to cover. That gap will be addressed. It is probably referring to the shots of Riku, Kairi, DiZ, & Namine in "A fragmentary passage" in BBSFM. Some of it will have to be covered in KH3 since it is relevant to the story, but the rest...yeah...we probably won't learn all that there is to know.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Because 0.2 is short, they aren't able to tell the full story of what BBSv2 was going to cover. That gap will be addressed. It is probably referring to the shots of Riku, Kairi, DiZ, & Namine in "A fragmentary passage" in BBSFM. Some of it will have to be covered in KH3 since it is relevant to the story, but the rest...yeah...we probably won't learn all that there is to know.
Wait, isn't the missing gap between 0.2 and 0.5 (BBS 2) 0.3? I thought he was talking about the gap between 2.8 and 3.0. Since these are actual dates I'm not sure what is accomplished by adding them up.
Let’s not go to Kingdom Hearts, ‘tis a silly place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back