• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

Okay, I know we all want to talk about the film but I think I'm going to just ban TFA spoiler talk 100% in the Kingdom Hearts section regardless of it being tagged or not.

I did see the film yesterday, though, and it pretty much solidified by belief that it and the entire franchise should not be a world in Kingdom Hearts 3 at all. The overall themes and motifs of the franchise are just much too similar. It would add an unnecessary level of lore to a lore-heavy franchise. We would all begin to question if events in the KH series were directed by the Force and not Kingdom Hearts or start wondering if Kingdom Hearts is the Force, and then wonder how KH's corner of the universe escaped the Empire, not to mention the logistics of locations.

It's too similar. The characters are too similar. The plot lines are too similar.

References, Easter eggs, and cameos are cool but anything else…it'd be too much.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I think they're better suited to be helping Sora and the crew out with gummi ship stuff, hell I'd be fine if all gummi ship flights were star wars themed, give us something disney-ish to do.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I want a jar jar binks cameo, someway, somehow.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

So I just recently rewatched the 2009 A Christmas Carol.

I still think it would work as a christmas world in KH3. Plus I'd really like to fight the ghost of Christmas future

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

I say now that I will never, ever be satisfied with the KH series until they include a world based on The Three Caballeros. Give me a world where Donald can have a ton of focus, and let him have some fun with José and Panchito.

The inherent flaw to this world, of course, is that the Heartless could never believably destroy it. José and Panchito are just too powerful to take down with their ability to bend time and space; and I believe José knows some black magic too. But I want this world regardless, because I want to see the Three Caballeros vs the army of heartless, and the heartless army gets defeated because they'd get pulled into an inescapable samba dance, and then Sora can just use a finisher move on them all. Or they could drop exploding piñatas on them. I'm perfectly fine with either.

Awards

So I just recently rewatched the 2009 A Christmas Carol.

I still think it would work as a christmas world in KH3. Plus I'd really like to fight the ghost of Christmas future
Fighting the Ghost of Christmas Future would be AWESOME!

Griewer

Awards

Okay, I know we all want to talk about the film but I think I'm going to just ban TFA spoiler talk 100% in the Kingdom Hearts section regardless of it being tagged or not.

I did see the film yesterday, though, and it pretty much solidified by belief that it and the entire franchise should not be a world in Kingdom Hearts 3 at all. The overall themes and motifs of the franchise are just much too similar. It would add an unnecessary level of lore to a lore-heavy franchise. We would all begin to question if events in the KH series were directed by the Force and not Kingdom Hearts or start wondering if Kingdom Hearts is the Force, and then wonder how KH's corner of the universe escaped the Empire, not to mention the logistics of locations.

It's too similar. The characters are too similar. The plot lines are too similar.

References, Easter eggs, and cameos are cool but anything else…it'd be too much.

While I understand your point (SW is very similar in terms of Light and Darkness and so on) KH tends to simplify every shown universe and I think it could work with SW as well. Not to mention, that it could at least tie in to the game (which is a big problem nowadays with the disney worlds, since they do NOT connect to the plot at all).

I do think that the SW "world" could be included in a smart way. Mainly because some of the plot and motifs are common, it could be a VERY good world to show us some character development.

Also I can even see a stand-alone KH game in which the Sidious (and the Empire) invades other Disney worlds in an attempt to establish his Galaxy in the KH meta-universe. :'D

EDIT: A lot of worlds do have their own special powers, like the force. If they wouldn't start questioning it in the game, but leave it in a simple state like "every world has its own rules" I think it wouldn't cause too much problems. Honestly I always thought that the KH meta-universe's rules stand ABOVE the unique rules of each world. (for example Hades himself could be a source of great many arguments if we took his Godhood too seriously)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

^ The thing is that KH can get away with simplifying most of the Disney worlds because most of those worlds are not that big, even in the movies that they hail from. None of them have the same scale or size of Star Wars, a franchise that now spans seven movies and an entire goddamn galaxy, with its own personal history going back hundreds of thousands of years. :I

Griewer

Awards

^ The thing is that KH can get away with simplifying most of the Disney worlds because most of those worlds are not that big, even in the movies that they hail from. None of them have the same scale or size of Star Wars, a franchise that now spans seven movies and an entire goddamn galaxy, with its own personal history going back hundreds of thousands of years. :I

Yes, but KH never really went beyond the boundaries of that one particular movie, which was put in the game. So we have big Star Wars galaxy, but we'll only use bits of it.
Following fictionary event follows the plotline of the New Hope:

"Sora's group finds themselves on a desert planet. They soon find themselves in trouble along with Luke and his droids. Comes Kenobi who saves them and joins the party as playable. They go to his hut, where Luke learns about the jedies but before long enemies arrive and they have to escape.
In the town they meet Solo who gives them a ride. The ride goes wrong and they end up in Deathstar, from where they have to escape. Boss Fight Vader -> Kenobi tells them to flee and sacrifices himself.
They make the journey to Yavin 4 where after a briefing the final battle starts with a minigame and a Ven-like battle in the space against Vader's ship while Luke is trying to destroy the deathstar.
You're all awarded, story ends, no questions asked."

In a later game you may revisit the SW world and find it under different circumstances.

It hasn't been stated yet whether smaller scale universes can be present within the KH meta-universe. But I'd say it is possible. EVEN if the SW story is just for example another computer program universe, similar to Tron being within Radiant Garden, it is possible. :p

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Oh, I have no doubts that you could just insert SDG into the movie plotline. What I'm more concerned about is doing the SW world justice. And I don't think that just copy/pasting the movie into a condensed form would be a good way to go about that, especially if it follows the movie so closely that the world has little to no bearing on the overall plot of the KH game. That just seems phoned-in and lazy, and it would draw even more criticism that the KHII worlds because... it's Star Wars.

I just have a very bad feeling about this. =w=

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

This is the main crux of the whole thing.
The entire scale is off in this regard, as a mere single Star Destroyer when counting all the interior of the ship is alrready bigger in scope than most of the KH worlds and people who decry KH's character roster as too big haven't yet truly seen the full scope of the character roster of Star Wars.
Even when discounting the whole Legends-continuity it still has a huge cast which only continues to grow with the new movies and series like Star Wars Rebels.

Also I can even see a stand-alone KH game in which the Sidious (and the Empire) invades other Disney worlds in an attempt to establish his Galaxy in the KH meta-universe. :'D
See and that's already where the KH Universe would meet its demise as for something as powerful as the Galactic Empire it would be child's play to subjugate the entire KH Universe within just a few weeks.
The Emperor wouldn't even need to send a whole fleet, just two or three Star Destroyers would be enough to do the job.

Even the Confederacy or the Republic from the Clone Wars-era would be too much to handle for anything the so far known KH universe and its "champions" can throw at them.

If a world would prove to be especially pesky in resistance, the big Star Wars factions wouldn't even bother with "casting it into darkness", they would order a Star Destroyer to perform a "Base Delta Zero" and annihilate the world and everything that lives on it by turning the surface into molten slag and burning the atmosphere through orbital bombardement with energy weapons.
At least the Empire and the Confederacy would do that without hesitation. The Republic is a little more benevolent than that, but their ships nonetheless are capable of doing this as well and their available resources also dwarf anything the KH-verse has shown so far.

Griewer

Awards

Oh, I have no doubts that you could just insert SDG into the movie plotline. What I'm more concerned about is doing the SW world justice. And I don't think that just copy/pasting the movie into a condensed form would be a good way to go about that, especially if it follows the movie so closely that the world has little to no bearing on the overall plot of the KH game. That just seems phoned-in and lazy, and it would draw even more criticism that the KHII worlds because... it's Star Wars.

I just have a very bad feeling about this. =w=

Well they could also insert a random story within and it could work out nicely (if they took the time to develop and write it). As I said mainly because of the similar motifs, the SW world could be very good from character development standpoint. Even if Characters would visit it in a BBS fashion (everyone gets a bit of the story) it could play out perfectly.
It is a world that can easily be ruined, but with some work it could be potentially one of the best worlds to be featured within KH.

Griewer

Awards

This is the main crux of the whole thing.
The entire scale is off in this regard, as a mere single Star Destroyer when counting all the interior of the ship is alrready bigger in scope than most of the KH worlds and people who decry KH's character roster as too big haven't yet truly seen the full scope of the character roster of Star Wars.
Even when discounting the whole Legends-continuity it still has a huge cast which only continues to grow with the new movies and series like Star Wars Rebels.

See and that's already where the KH Universe would meet its demise as for something as powerful as the Galactic Empire it would be child's play to subjugate the entire KH Universe within just a few weeks.
The Emperor wouldn't even need to send a whole fleet, just two or three Star Destroyers would be enough to do the job.

Even the Confederacy or the Republic from the Clone Wars-era would be too much to handle for anything the so far known KH universe and its "champions" can throw at them.

If a world would prove to be especially pesky in resistance, the big Star Wars factions wouldn't even bother with "casting it into darkness", they would order a Star Destroyer to perform a "Base Delta Zero" and annihilate the world and everything that lives on it by turning the surface into molten slag and burning the atmosphere through orbital bombardement with energy weapons.
At least the Empire and the Confederacy would do that without hesitation. The Republic is a little more benevolent than that, but their ships nonetheless are capable of doing this as well and their available resources also dwarf anything the KH-verse has shown so far.

The thing is, they probably wouldn't feature everything in one go. And why should they? They could include bits and pieces every now and then. As for the size -> most of the worlds are smaller in scale. MUCH smaller. They could pull the same thing with SW. Or they could include fewer worlds with bigger space.

As for the invasion thing. That was just an idea off the top of my hat. But I also mentioned that in my views every world has its own set of rules. Since the worlds within KH often conflict each other in terms of power, it is really difficult to say who could defeat who. As I said it really depends on whether Nomura and his team can set down a couple of rules by which they would continue to narrate the whole thing.

Edit: Oh damn, sorry for the double <_<

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

But that's the problem. Would presenting the SW universe in just "bits and pieces" really work? Would it create a world that makes you feel like you're actually in the environment of the movie, but not just being shuttled around iconic setpieces? Like Seph already said, a single Star Destroyer is much, much larger than just about any KH world. And again, unlike all the other worlds, the SW universe has a history. Politics, events, battles, wars that aren't just nebulously hinted at; they're part of the present narrative as well.

Also, regardless of world rules, I'm psure that a fleet of Star Destroyers (heck, even a swarm of TIE's) could wipe just about anyone out in a head-on assault. Think of it this way: it would be like going up against a bunch of Dragon Xemnases at once, only these are much, much larger, have incredible firepower, can deploy swarms of smaller ships, and have impenetrable energy shields.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I do think that the SW "world" could be included in a smart way. Mainly because some of the plot and motifs are common, it could be a VERY good world to show us some character development.

Yes, but why do that when they can also have character development in the worlds that already exist as a part of the Kingdom Hearts universe? This isn't about matching similar themes, but about the concern that these character stories may take over each other because of just how similar things are.

In a game about Sora and his friend, can they feasibly go to a Star Wars-based "world" and really not be overshadowed by the characters and their development and issues? They both have plots that have overarching consequences to the entire universe.

Personally, I wouldn't want to see one or the other overshadowed by either. Star Wars as a whole "world" would certainly overshadow Kingdom Hearts because it's the source material. It is what Kingdom Hearts was built upon.

See, that's also a problem. As a standalone, it'd be interesting, but I'm wondering why it would need to exist besides the novelty of it happening. Kingdom Hearts is near identical to Star Wars in many areas, so what would they truly be adding to each other?

EDIT: A lot of worlds do have their own special powers, like the force. If they wouldn't start questioning it in the game, but leave it in a simple state like "every world has its own rules" I think it wouldn't cause too much problems. Honestly I always thought that the KH meta-universe's rules stand ABOVE the unique rules of each world.

Except Kingdom Hearts wouldn't be able to trump it because of how the lore of Star Wars is written. It doesn't lend itself to being a self-contained concept. Jedi, the Force, the Empire's rule...The established is that the Jedi fought for peace and balance in the universe until their numbers were decimated by the Sith. The Sith were those who fought for control of the entire universe.

Sounds like Keyblade wielders. Those who fought in the Keyblade War to protect the Light and the universe. Those who fought for control of the Light, to make Darkness reign supreme over the universe. Those who will fight again as the Guardians of Light and Seekers of Darkness.

It's not just similar. It is the same thing.

(for example Hades himself could be a source of great many arguments if we took his Godhood too seriously)

Hades is still a god even if he leaves his world. Hades can still call upon the dead from anywhere in the universe (as seen with Auron).

Griewer

Awards

Yes, but why do that when they can also have character development in the worlds that already exist as a part of the Kingdom Hearts universe? This isn't about matching similar themes, but about the concern that these character stories may take over each other because of just how similar things are.

Well first of all I'd rather see a couple of new places, than revisit Peter Pan for the 25th time. There are a couple of worlds which are VERY overused. And every time they visit a world, the main hero of that world is pushed aside, yet they still have an important thing to do based on their character. For example you still need Hercules to defeat Hades.

In a game about Sora and his friend, can they feasibly go to a Star Wars-based "world" and really not be overshadowed by the characters and their development and issues? They both have plots that have overarching consequences to the entire universe.

Of course it is possible. Depending on what the SW world is about and how it is presented, it can work out perfectly. The problem here is that you guys think too big about Star Wars. You want everything that is Star Wars to appear, which couldn't, since it is not just a story but a universe. But Kingdom Hearts can only represent small parts of every world.

Personally, I wouldn't want to see one or the other overshadowed by either. Star Wars as a whole "world" would certainly overshadow Kingdom Hearts because it's the source material. It is what Kingdom Hearts was built upon.

KH always overshadows the worlds and heroes of those worlds, because the heroes possess the keyblade which is not only the strongest weapon apparently in the universe, but also gives abilities to its wielders, otherwise Sora probably wouldn't have beaten Cloud. Then again Riku didn't need it to mop the floor with the Beast.

See, that's also a problem. As a standalone, it'd be interesting, but I'm wondering why it would need to exist besides the novelty of it happening. Kingdom Hearts is near identical to Star Wars in many areas, so what would they truly be adding to each other?
Asking why a game needs to exist? That's a bit off nitpicking. A game exists so people will pay for it and play with it. KH are near identical in the fact that Light and Darkness are two strong sides and both universes have a special weapon. But this also applies to a bunh of additional worlds besides these two. What did KH add to any of the Disney worlds? Nothing. What did the Disney worlds at to KH? Flavour.

Except Kingdom Hearts wouldn't be able to trump it because of how the lore of Star Wars is written. It doesn't lend itself to being a self-contained concept. Jedi, the Force, the Empire's rule...The established is that the Jedi fought for peace and balance in the universe until their numbers were decimated by the Sith. The Sith were those who fought for control of the entire universe.
That actually is a good point, but if it would be a closed off sort of universe (like a book, or a computer program, or just a VERY distant past) it could still work out. But it could also be featured as a small galaxy within the meta-universe and they just don't know that there's anything beyond their border. (even in the EU there are region outside the empire of the Sith, so this isn't impossible a bit)

Sounds like Keyblade wielders. Those who fought in the Keyblade War to protect the Light and the universe. Those who fought for control of the Light, to make Darkness reign supreme over the universe. Those who will fight again as the Guardians of Light and Seekers of Darkness.
We still don't know too much about the Keyblade War and I'd rather wait a bit before jumping to conclusions. The Seekers of Darkness are 1 person who pulled a Voldemort anyways. :D
Don't forget that these aren't really complex ideas of stories, that's why they are similar. What matters is what lies in the heart of them. And there, the two are absolutely different.

It's not just similar. It is the same thing.
Only similar. We don't use force and we're not amidst political warfare either.
Our enemies are monsters and the big bad guy doesn't want to be the ruler of the galaxy
he just wants to format the universe.

Hades is still a god even if he leaves his world. Hades can still call upon the dead from anywhere in the universe (as seen with Auron).
And it could cause tons of continuity error if he were to meet the wrong characters as he cannot be defeated under normal circumstances.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

confirmed worlds so far

new
1. kingdom of corona(tangled)
2. San fransokyo (big hero 6)

old
1.mt olympus(hercules)
2.100 acre woods (winnie the pooh)

orginal
1. twilight town
2. mysterous tower

this list of the worlds are from being annouced or reveal and it will update once more worlds are reveal to us

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

Considering Twilight Town and Mysterious Tower are returning, I'm fairly positive that Radiant Garden will be making a comeback.

A Star Wars "world" I don't think would work quite that well, but I'd be happy with Gummi Ship/item cameos. For instance, a Gummi Ship mission where the Heartless/Nobody/Whatever ships are similar to TIE fighters and there's a Death Star-like one you have to blow up.

Also, I have a theory that the Pooh Book World might return and actually be crucial to the plot.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Pllleeaaase, no more Winnie Puuh. Re: CoM made me hate the bear so much anyways q.q

I still want the Destiny Islands badly, though. And not just for a small little part of the game this time.

Wonderful

Awards

i definitely want winnie the pooh back. what with the journal and book of prophecies being so important, i think they could easily tie 100 acre wood into it.

Back