• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who Should Hades Sucker Into Helping Him in KHIII?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I saw a similar idea being discussed on TV Tropes, so I thought I'd bring it over here.

Mainly because it seems to be an unspoken rule for every main KH game, that Hades is manipulating some new Final Fantasy character into helping him. So who would you guys like it to be?:)

For myself, I've narrowed it down to these options:

Rinoa Heartily from Final Fantasy VIII: maybe to finally do something with that letter (presumably from Rinoa) that we see Leon reading at the end of KHII. Perhaps she's looking for him, and so maybe Hades promises to help her out (if that's the case, though, I really hope that it's powerful sorceress!Rinoa)? And IDK. I just think it would be cool to bring a girl into this charade for change.

Zidane Tribal
from Final Fantasy IX: if Hades is once again looking for "strong" people to help him, I could see Zidane being a good candidate. He was just a hare's breadth away from being the sole destroyer of Gaia, after all.

Ashe Dalmasca from Final Fantasy XII: perhaps Hades promised her he'd help her restore her kingdom or get revenge (something of which Ashe would obviously respond to, before her character development kicks in). But I'm kind of iffy on this one... because we all know KH doesn't really care for political of familial things.

Alternins Dim from Bravely Default, though I won't go into detail about this one, because I don't want to spoil Bravely Default for people who still might want to play it. But I feel like if we did have someone from BD here, Hades could maybe make a joke about how they're not from Final Fantasy for once, which could be funny. Something along the lines of, "Whoa. What part of the river of death did you come from?":)

My last idea is probably my least favorite one. I was just thinking that since FFVII has now been represented twice in the Coliseum, that it would only be right if FFX also got that luxury. And then I got thinking about how they pulled their second FFVII character in the Coliseum from another game in the FFVII series, so I got thinking of X-2...

Except, I feel like it would be weird to bring in Shuyin and Lenne, since they existed before Auron did. If one of them had been in BbS, or something like that, then maybe I could've seen it, but I just can't imagine that for KHIII. That just leaves Nooj from FFX-2, imo, though tbh... I really can't see that happening (and it's probably for the best), as I think there are way better candidates for this, and we all know that X-2 wasn't that popular.

But, yeah: you guys' thoughts on this! Who would you like to see?:D

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I have been having a gut feeling that Lightening will show up somewhere.(Hence why I got FF13) If it's here; What if Hades is holding Sarah hostage and he'll let her loose if Lightening helps him?

Of course that means Sora'll have to help save Sarah, but that's another story. But I think that'd work and I'd like that.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If Hades wants to keep following the trend he started in KH1, I'd say that Lightning would be a likely choice. Grouchy, determined, very strong, experienced with slaying near-deities... oh, and like maryadavies mentioned, she has a sister who could be used as leverage in some way.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
See? I was thinking the same thing at first. But seeing as how Lightning's the female version of Cloud, I then thought it'd be too similar to KH1.

But IDK. Now that I think about it, I say it could work (and is probably the most likely one to happen, tbh). They could change it up enough that it wouldn't feel like a complete rehash, I think.

Or if not her, maybe Snow Villiers from FFXIII could get tricked into helping Hades for Serah's sake? Especially if we're dealing with LR!Snow?

Or maybe we could even have both of them in it, kind of working against each other, but going for the same goal of saving Serah...

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Having Snow and Lightning as a duo could work. Snow is already sort of similar to Hercules due to his superhuman strength

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
LightUp; that might work. Tho I would respectfully ask folks to please go easy with the FF13 series spoilers (keep them minor please or spoiler tag them so I can choose not to click them); I do have a general idea but I do not own LR or FF13-2 yet and I'm still working on FF13. One game at a time!

But even with my limited knowledge of the charas, I can see either Lightening or Snow or both working as the "suckers" this time. ^^

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
zack fair. after getting snuffed by sephiroth in BbS, he'd be willing to do just about anything for another chance.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
LRFF Snow. 8D

Lightning seems like the most likely contender, but I honestly want to see Nomura take her character and do his own spin on her that is far removed from her Lightning Saga self. We've seen what Toriyama's Lightning is like and we've got 3 games and a Louis Vuitton modeling deal to show what he wanted her to be.

If Kingdom Hearts is an opportunity to show Final Fantasy characters in unique ways, then I want to see what Nomura would do if he was handling Lightning.

I'd be 100% behind Alternis Dim, though, if only to hear some of that sweet, sweet Spike Spencer VA work. (I have no hope of it happening unless SE is willing to admit it is a FF spinoff and not just a spiritual successor to the 4WoL game ;~; )

Another person I'd like to see is Gabranth because Hades has realized tricking people for the things they want doesn't work out, and going for a warrior in general will fail if they have their own mind. Instead he chooses a warrior whose life was spent fighting for a master of dubious intent. The only thing Hades misses when vetting Gabranth is that he's loyal to no master but the one (hinting to Larsa). Perhaps it can borrow from Dissidia's story a bit and following the final defeat of Hades, he becomes a guardian of the place in hell where warriors go so they are to never be summoned by Hades as long as he stands as the Judge.

Or something. I just want some XII rep in KH3.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Gabranth - the representation we deserve but not the representation SE thinks we need.

Honestly, I kind of don't want to see Hades sucker anyone in. I want a full on Hercules/Titans plot that somehow also ties in and ties up the Cloud/Zack/Sephiroth/Tifa plotline.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
So sorry, maryadavies! I thought I was being careful about the FFXIII spoilers, but I guess I typed one up in here without consciously realizing it. I apologize immensely for that, and will try my best to be more careful in the future^_^'

And OMG. Master Spockanort, I love the idea of Gabranth and FFXII stuff so much. I, too, really want XII to be represented in some way, so if that could somehow happen it would definitely make my dream come true:)

Though I wouldn't mind seeing a Nomura spin on Lightning at all, either.

Oh, and this is off topic, but I love your Kida icon so very much!:D

Back on topic: I was also thinking maybe Delita from Final Fantasy Tactics could work, because I seem to remember him wanting revenge very much so, and perhaps Hades could promise that to him and we could go that angle (I say this as if I know anything about FF Tactics, when--to be honest--I didn't get that far in the game at all, because I somehow sucked at the gameplay of it, and only know the little I do from questionable things like Wikipedia. But even so, I know that I really like Delita as a character for whatever reason.)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I have been having a gut feeling that Lightening will show up somewhere.(Hence why I got FF13) If it's here; What if Hades is holding Sarah hostage and he'll let her loose if Lightening helps him?

Of course that means Sora'll have to help save Sarah, but that's another story. But I think that'd work and I'd like that.

I don't want any "take over someone's mind" again like with Zack and Auron, so I think Lightning would be a nice choice actually, since even in XIII, she already states she doesn't "take orders" (from Fal'Cie). Doing it for Serah or anyone though, sounds like something she would do. Whatever it needs and stuff.

Anagram

Banned
Like others I vote Snow. I hate him and would love the chance to harm him~

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I want a special summon during the fight that is Lightning just punching him senseless.

Lol!
"IT'S OVAAAR!"
Nah seriously though, thinking about it...even if we got to beat him up, it'd be a shame to waste the implementing of a FF character on SNOW.

Anagram

Banned
Lol!
"IT'S OVAAAR!"
Nah seriously though, thinking about it...even if we got to beat him up, it'd be a shame to waste the implementing of a FF character on SNOW.
Sadly I was serious. lol
I've just wanted Lightning in KH ever since I seen this fanart:

kh_lightning.png

Anagram

Banned
Riiight, I remember that.I love Lightning and she looks so cool in this teenage style Q_Q

I hated the FF13 series but she was decent. Plus Nomura always gives a new backstory, design and slight personality change to FF cameos so I'm curious how he'd handle her. =3

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I hated the FF13 series but she was decent. Plus Nomura always gives a new backstory, design and slight personality change to FF cameos so I'm curious how he'd handle her. =3

Luckily, I loved the 13 series (except 13-2...) and omg Lightniiing. I mean let's be honest, her hair is pink and she's badass.
Yeah, true. Her story, her abilities, LIMITS YAY. Some kind of "Army of Two" maybe?

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Having Snow in the game possibly means Troy Baker in the game, so I can live with Hades getting Snow.

I really don't want him to have Lightning, because I want to see Nomura's interpretation of the character. Currently unused potential is everywhere with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back