• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do You Guys Think SE's Doing Secret KH Projects?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Because I have to be honest...

After seeing how SE kept the FFVII Remake under wraps--and the FFXV CG movie, as well as the anime--I wouldn't put it past them anymore.

Perhaps some secret anime or movie is even what Steve Burton, Jim Cummings, and Bill Farmer have all recorded for?

Especially since we can't figure why some of these characters would be in II.8, and it seems too early for them to be recording for KHIII?

Anyway, feel free to post all your thoughts here!^_^

You can also use this as a "Will there be an 'Uncovered KHIII' event?" thread, too, I guess.

Edit: And note that I'm not saying that any of this has been even remotely hinted at, or confirmed, at all. This is all just massive speculation, that could very easily amount to nothing (just felt the need to say this, because I know how easily rumors are spread and taken as fact in this community).

Echoecho6

Awards
I still think they just want to have the English version of KH3 to be done right along up their with the other versions for a world wide release so they are staying on top of recording.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I mean, they certainly have plenty of information under wraps right now, obviously. For example, last year, we essentially never got more than the contents of the E3 2015 trailer. All the footage they showed was part of the same chunk, and they just showed it to us in stages from June through December. So that means Square, since June of last year, has been working on plenty of new stuff that we haven't yet seen any of for KH3. For example, I'm sure we'll soon see some Big Hero 6 footage.

As far as actual projects, I kind of doubt it, but who really knows. I don't imagine them going all out and making animes, and movies, and building real life cars for KH3. Final Fantasy is one of the most beloved gaming franchises of all time, whereas Kingdom Hearts is a lot more niche by comparison despite also reaching a fairly broad audience.

Also keep in mind that Square doesn't have complete control over KH since Disney technically owns it. Which means, making movies and animes and whatnot are probably not going to happen since Disney would have to approve it, and Disney's track record shows they don't like spending any more money than they have to on Kingdom Hearts.

If anything, I'm sure there's probably some rough ideas and perhaps some early concept art for Kingdom Hearts 4 courtesy of Nomura since he already has a plan of where the series will go after 3, but other than that, I don't think so.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I mean, they certainly have plenty of information under wraps right now, obviously. For example, last year, we essentially never got more than the contents of the E3 2015 trailer. All the footage they showed was part of the same chunk, and they just showed it to us in stages from June through December. So that means Square, since June of last year, has been working on plenty of new stuff that we haven't yet seen any of for KH3. For example, I'm sure we'll soon see some Big Hero 6 footage.

As far as actual projects, I kind of doubt it, but who really knows. I don't imagine them going all out and making animes, and movies, and building real life cars for KH3. Final Fantasy is one of the most beloved gaming franchises of all time, whereas Kingdom Hearts is a lot more niche by comparison despite also reaching a fairly broad audience.

Also keep in mind that Square doesn't have complete control over KH since Disney technically owns it. Which means, making movies and animes and whatnot are probably not going to happen since Disney would have to approve it, and Disney's track record shows they don't like spending any more money than they have to on Kingdom Hearts.

If anything, I'm sure there's probably some rough ideas and perhaps some early concept art for Kingdom Hearts 4 courtesy of Nomura since he already has a plan of where the series will go after 3, but other than that, I don't think so.

All this "Disney owns the rights to Kingdom Hearts" talk sounds like Disney keeping Kingdom Hearts as a hostage. As part of the agreement of the IP, Square Enix "develop the IP", therefore, the overall direction of the Kingdom Hearts series can go wherever Square Enix pleases. It's honestly primarily down to the Square Enix team to decided as to whether Kingdom Hearts should have its own "uncovered event".

I can personally guarantee you that there indeed will be an uncovered event. If Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 had a special event, why can't the definitive Kingdom Hearts title get one either?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
All this "Disney owns the rights to Kingdom Hearts" talk sounds like Disney keeping Kingdom Hearts as a hostage. As part of the agreement of the IP, Square Enix "develop the IP", therefore, the overall direction of the Kingdom Hearts series can go wherever Square Enix pleases. It's honestly primarily down to the Square Enix team to decided as to whether Kingdom Hearts should have its own "uncovered event".

I can personally guarantee you that there indeed will be an uncovered event. If Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 had a special event, why can't the definitive Kingdom Hearts title get one either?
I don't think that's how that works. Developing a game ≠ doing events or creating movies and anime based on the IP. Sure, SE might be the ones to push for the event, but it also depends if Disney is willing to put the time, effort, and money into such a thing.

I think we can all be pretty confident that KH3 will have at least a fairly large event when the time comes to reveal the release date, especially given the unprecedented attention that the game has been receiving lately. However, I doubt that it will be as big as XV's simply because there just won't be as much stuff to uncover. Things like CGI movies, anime, a mothertrucking car... they're not quite as likely to do that for the KH franchise. In fact, you could argue that they don't need things like that, since there's no need to assure everyone that the franchise isn't vaporware and the Disney element can pull far more than its own weight in getting attention.

To answer the topic, though... Well, who knows? Again, I don't think that it's likely that KH3 is going to get all that extra stuff, but there's really no way to know. Personally, I'm hoping that it's the development progress that's been kept under wraps. I'd be unbelievably excited if suddenly, an event dropped a ton of incredible footage, characters, etc, plus the release date... and have it only be a few months away.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's honestly primarily down to the Square Enix team to decided as to whether Kingdom Hearts should have its own "uncovered event".

It may be up to them to decide to do an event, but Disney funds most of it. It is all entirely up to how much money Disney is willing to put into the event to even make one happen. It took the relatively small 1.5 event to prove to Disney that a bigger event might be worth their time, and it still took a lot of effort by the staff at SE to convince them to do the 2.5 event and make it a fun spectacle.

Because there won't be nearly as much to reveal about Kingdom Hearts unlike FFXV. I can see something of a similar event but not in the same format and not for the same reasons. Disney likes throwing big launch events for stuff, and I think that would benefit fans more than a "reveal" event because at the end of they day they can go home with the game in their hands before anybody else and still get to see voice actors, Nomura, Yasue, Shimomura, try out the game, etc. etc.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
The only secret Kingdom Hearts project I can see them doing is a Xehanort Saga Complete Collection Set that will be available at launch for PS4/XB1, with some extra goodies like the soundtrack or maybe a translation of the Memoria Ultimania or a free download code for Unchained [x]. Other than that, I don't really see them doing anything secretive for KH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back