• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion should had been Kairi's Nobody

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokifan

It would make sense, since they both look alike, same hairstyle, where as Namine looks nothing like her (well a bit...). Since Roxas is Sora's nobody, Xion should had been Kairi's nobody instead of Namine

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Or Xion should never have been made at all.

Roxas doesn't really look all that much like Sora either lol. Aside from Nami's hairstyle, she is identical to Kairi.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I am perfectly fine with Naminé. :)
They shouldn't have made Xion at all, just like Audo said.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
-puts on my team xion shirt, and resists the urge to go into a "in defense of xion" rant-

I always preferred the idea that Xion was Sora's Nobody, but created from Kairi's heart, personally (as even though it wasn't his own, Sora did lose two hearts from his body, so maybe he could've had two Nobodies that way).

That made more sense to me, and may have even worked better with the story, imo (as at least Xion could've been a Nobody this way, but it still would've explained why she looked like Kairi and was sucking in Sora's memories, like the actual game does), but alas.

In the end, I'm still happy with what we got. Especially because the Replica thing would have become a "What Happened to the Mouse?" trope, otherwise.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Sorry, but I guess I'm in for "shouldn't have been made at all."
Actually, if we do see her in later games, I hope she'll get longer hair as well. Aqua would still be bae, but I imagine a Xion with long hair to look extremely cool.

And btw, it wouldn't even make sense if they looked completely alike since Kairi cannot have her own nobody without any "help".

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
I feel like you all are being kind of harsh here:/

You're all entitled to your own opinions, of course, but it seems to me that this thread was started by a Xion fan.

I could be wrong, but the fact Lokifan is implying he thinks Xion should've been Kairi's Nobody (instead of Naminé) kind of implies that to me.

And you guys are basically being like. "LOL. Not so. And that character your talking about shouldn't have even existed, and isn't even worth talking about, sorry."

IDK. It's like you're saying your word is law and giving no room at all to Lokifan's ideas.

If this had been a Xion debate thread, I could've seen it. But in a forum where the creator seems to like Xion? That seems uncalled for to me. (Especially since people sometimes use favorite characters to get through tough times, and for all we know that might be the same for Lokifan), and you're just sitting here telling him his opinion is wrong.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

You're all entitled to your own opinions, of course, but it seems to me that this thread was started by a Xion fan.

I could be wrong, but the fact Lokifan is implying he thinks Xion should've been Kairi's Nobody (instead of Naminé) kind of implies that to me.

And you guys are basically being like. "LOL. Not so. And that character your talking about shouldn't have even existed, and isn't even worth talking about, sorry."

IDK. It's like you're saying your word is law and giving no room at all to Lokifan's ideas.

If this had been a Xion debate thread, I could've seen it. But in a forum where the creator seems to like Xion? That seems uncalled for to me. (Especially since people sometimes use favorite characters to get through tough times, and for all we know that might be the same for Lokifan), and you're just sitting here telling him his opinion is wrong.
Such is the hatred towards Xion and Days in general. Happens every time. =_=

Anagram

Banned

I dont know about the others but I feel this is an exaggeration. If someone was actively attacking the notion yes you'd have a point but no one is. Just like the OP can stat what they think Xion should've been others can state otherwise.

But eh, people will always take things as they will and it could honestly quickly fall into a Xion debate by mentioning this belief of Xion hate. As for me personally I dont so much hate her these days as I did originally but feel she was handled poorly which stole spotlight or that it would've been a smoother story without her.

That is neither bashing nor a Xion debate. The OP their self also clearly has some reservations about Xion or they wouldnt' mention thinking she'd be preferable as Kairi's nobody. Either way ditching thread now before it snowballs.

However there is no offense intended and while some could be as you say it's also dangerous to paint small posts as such since that'll just summon said hate. =3

Awards
Aside from clothing and hairstyle Namine looks exactly like Kairi. I prefer Namine as a character overall anyway so I prefer for her to be Kairi's Nobody rather than Xion.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
I dont know about the others but I feel this is an exaggeration. If someone was actively attacking the notion yes you'd have a point but no one is. Just like the OP can stat what they think Xion should've been others can state otherwise.

But eh, people will always take things as they will and it could honestly quickly fall into a Xion debate by mentioning this belief of Xion hate. As for me personally I dont so much hate her these days as I did originally but feel she was handled poorly which stole spotlight or that it would've been a smoother story without her.

That is neither bashing nor a Xion debate. The OP their self also clearly has some reservations about Xion or they wouldnt' mention thinking she'd be preferable as Kairi's nobody. Either way ditching thread now before it snowballs.

However there is no offense intended and while some could be as you say it's also dangerous to paint small posts as such since that'll just summon said hate. =3

Yeah, I remember you saying that you moreso felt sorry for how Xion was treated in your one post you made recently:) (Which, to be honest, I somewhat agree with myself.)

I guess I just got a bit aggravated, because it seemed like that was all people were talking about, and not the subject that had been brought up. It just wasn't productive, and seemed to be seguing too much into hate for me. IDK.

Especially since Lokifan hasn't been here to agree or disagree with any of this. (Though to be fair, this is the first post he's ever made, so who even knows if he'll come back or not?)

And I myself apologize if I derailed the thread, and brought up a touchy subject, by just seeing things that maybe weren't really here^_^'

I just know from personal perspective that some people really do latch onto characters, and depending on someone's mental state, that could be enough to push someone over the edge, if a character's being hated on, unfortunately. I've seen it before.

Because if people really used that to get out of a hard time, they could misconstrue your words to mean that they never should've gotten through that, because "that character's garbage", or whatever.

So I always try to write my opinions as my opinions, and let people know they are 100% allowed to view something differently than I do. And even if I hate something--but you love it and got something from it, and it maybe even helped you--I'm completely thrilled for you, and you go right ahead and continue loving it yourself if you want to, despite what people think.

No doubt I most of the time go overboard with these kinds of things (I know I do)^_^' But if I maybe stop one person from doubting, hating, hurting, or maybe even killing themselves, I'll never regret it, honestly.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It's like you're saying your word is law and giving no room at all to Lokifan's ideas.
Their idea is just "she looks more like her, so she should've been her Nobody instead". It's a pretty thin reasoning so people are responding in ways that match that thinness. I wouldn't take it so seriously.

But if we want to expand that, then what would Xion replacing Nami as Kairi's Nobody accomplish? Why would that be better than Nami being her Nobody? What would become of Nami in this scenario? What does this bring to either of their stories that is better than what is currently in the series? What reasons are there to this aside from Xion's hair resembling Kairi's more than Nami's does?(again their actual faces are identical, so we're literally just talking about hair here)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
If one doesn't want others to state their opinion, forums are the wrong place to be. Sorry to say.
No one even "hated" or flamed anything here. You could say that it's irrelevant if she should've been made or not since this thread is only about her looks, but what people said is still not rude or harsh.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
C'mon guys let's drop it and focus. I for one prefer Naminé as her Nobody because without the connection she has nothing, and she deserves better. All three girls do.

D

Deleted member 246005

Back when 358/2 days was first announced, I thought Xion was gonna be Kairi's nobody representing her potential as a keyblade wielder while Namine represented her potential as a Princess of Heart so I guess that would have covered it.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
This topic is a bit too old to be revived from the dead but if you want to discuss it further feel free to open a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back