• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Screenshots Show Off Unreal Engine 4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
miczSAf.png

VA4E2PU.png

Thats what's wrong with her hair. Can't you see it?
That's quite common in a lot of games, I just accepted it lol

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah lots of games, even on the PS4 and such, have those kinds of pixelated edges on certain objects and textures.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
miczSAf.png

VA4E2PU.png

Thats what's wrong with her hair. Can't you see it?

Yeah, those are so called "jaggies" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaggies). The presence of them means they still haven't applied any anti-aliasing on the hair (the rest of the model looks fine in that regard, from what I can tell). That's an issue they'll solve eventually. Either that or they legitimately think that's a good look on hair, but I highly doubt that.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Wellp, seems like they slightly changed the gameplay.
I like the japanese one more, I don't know why, haha.

[x]

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Japanese and English Kingdom Hearts have always had different controls, so it's likely that they just ran the different versions for the different trailers. Which is cool to me.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The footage recorded was from live playing on a regular PS4 instead of automatic gameplay on PC (or usually in Kingdom Hearts case, Japanese gameplay with a static English HUB over the top).

0.2 is in a playable stage and will be at E3. What you saw today is very likely what you will be playing in 6 months. The differences in the trailers confirm this as well.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The footage recorded was from live playing on a regular PS4 instead of automatic gameplay on PC (or usually in Kingdom Hearts case, Japanese gameplay with a static English HUB over the top).

0.2 is in a playable stage and will be at E3. What you saw today is very likely what you will be playing in 6 months. The differences in the trailers confirm this as well.

In layman's terms For those who might not understand. Most of what you said I didn't understand, but from what you're saying is we can't judge from trailers alone, especially very minor things like not perfect little hairs on models.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
In layman's terms For those who might not understand. Most of what you said I didn't understand, but from what you're saying is we can't judge from trailers alone, especially very minor things like not perfect little hairs on models.
What I'm saying is this is proper footage captured on Playstation 4 with someone controlling Aqua showing that 0.2 is fully playable on consoles right now rather than it being on a PC that isn't a real representative of what the game will look and feel like on consoles (such as all Kingdom Hearts 3 trailers).

And usually Kingdom Hearts trailers, if the trailer comes out at the same time, generally has gameplay captured from Japan and either foregoes a HUD or has an English HUD graphic slapped over the top.

Alecs27

How can people complain about the graphics? It's just like the old cg cutscenes lol even for the "plastic" characters.
Look at the opening of BbS for example, and compare Aqua's model with the one of II.8
The only thing that I don't really like are Aqua's shoulders that look like they miss some polygons, for everything else is just perfect, at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back