• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Famitsu Interviews Nomura on KINGDOM HEARTS 3, HD 2.8 FCP, Unchained X

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
As for the cutscenes possibly being like Backcover, that's great news that they're taking another step forward with that. I was discussing with a friend a while back about how since the Osaka team took over, there's been times when they try to be very cinematic instead of just still shots like you commonly see in KH1 and KH2 (though they also have their moments)

The one that always comes to mind is in DDD, when Sora chases after you know who and the camera pans over and it's someone else instead. I also liked the beginning of Aqua's part in Birth by Sleep who it zooms in on her when she says "He's not as weak as you think." KH2 had a moment like that when Roxas brought out his double keyblades... but other than that, all the cool cinematic shots were saved for reaction commands. Just the small things.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I am so glad that all the cutscenes will be of the BackCover quality. I'm wondering if there will be more worlds inside the castle? Like other worlds that were plunged into darkness. I'm so excited for 0.2! Great interview!

Awards
no i think he was talking about the anivesity stuff for next year
"At the next information releases, which will be this coming August at the KH concert and the Dissidia Final Fantasy tournament, I plan to start bringing more to light little by little"

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
So the conclusion of the KH Chi storyline, for the PC version, will occur in August it seems. Awesome. Hopefully we get to witness the Keyblade War. If the war happens off-screen in all three versions of Chi, I will be sorely disappointed.

In regards to KH3, it's now been over a year since we've got any new footage. Because all of the footage we recieved last year was part of the same overall chunk that they initially showed at E3 and then gradually showed the whole thing over a period of months, ending at Jump Festa. Which means since June 2015, they've been working on stuff we don't know about, so by the time that we get news in December, it will have been about a year and a half since any truly "new" footage or info will have been released, so there should be plenty for them to talk about. I can't wait :D

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
next year is KH's 15th anniversary and FF7's 20th anniversary, and I think I'll jazz things up for them. At the next information releases, which will be this coming August at the KH concert and the Dissidia Final Fantasy tournament, I plan to start bringing more to light little by little

he was talking about the anniversay next years but i could be wrong

Awards
he was talking about the anniversay next years but i could be wrong
It said "this coming August", which means "August this year".

And it's pretty cool that three anniversaries are happening in 2017. The 15th Anniversary of Kingdom Hearts, the 20th Anniversary of Final Fantasy VII, and the 30th Anniversary of the entire Final Fantasy series!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
And it's pretty cool that three anniversaries are happening in 2017. The 15th Anniversary of Kingdom Hearts, the 20th Anniversary of Final Fantasy VII, and the 30th Anniversary of the entire Final Fantasy series!

The planets have aligned and the greatest year of Square Enix cometh. 2017 shall be the year of JRPG dreams. I bet they'll announced the console port of the Dissidia arcade sometime soon and it'll release next year in celebration of the FF series' overall anniversary.

For real though, just think about next year's E3. The celebration of both KH and FF's anniversaries, and both 2.8 and FFXV will have released by then, which means all systems go for KH3 and FF7R news.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
It said "this coming August", which means "August this year".

right but there no metion of 2.8 in that part he was talking about the annversity at least that how i took it and i wonder what he has planned for the annversity next year

Awards
The planets have aligned and the greatest year of Square Enix cometh. 2017 shall be the year of JRPG dreams. I bet they'll announced the console port of the Dissidia arcade sometime soon and it'll release next year in celebration of the FF series' overall anniversary.

For real though, just think about next year's E3. The celebration of both KH and FF's anniversaries, and both 2.8 and FFXV will have released by then, which means all systems go for KH3 and FF7R news.
E3 2017: Square Enix Rises

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
next year is going to fun and intresing i wownder what he planned for us besides the concert?

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Aww. This was a cute interview. Thank you for translating it, GoldPanner.

Oh, Nomura-san, I can't believe you forgot your 25th anniversary after trying to plan something for it. Can't say I don't understand how that could happen, though, and it means a lot that now he wants to do a lot of stuff for KH and FFVII's anniversaries instead:)

There are so many interesting tidbits to pick out of this interview, but I feel like I'm barely going to be able to touch on any of them without this turning into a book of a post.

But Sora confirmed for 0.2 is something to note. I was actually wondering if he was going to be in it or not.

And it sounds like some players might be lost in coming into III, if they don't know what Sora was up to in DDD in 0.2. I have mixed feelings about this, personally, because on one hand I AM glad that they won't be coddling the casuals as much as I had feared (I sometimes thought the intro would literally be SE running down everything that happened between II and III for people that missed out on it, which would've been extremely tedious), but at the same time I feel like DDD's intro that tried to jump straight into the action was too short and a bit awkward. So I hope they find a happy medium somewhere, but I'm sure that they will.

It's really neat that all the worlds that fell to darkness are merged together in the RoD. Huh. That's got me hoping that the future of the series might be more of a true crossover, then, if Disney's letting them put the separate properties together like this for 0.2.

Also, I really like the idea of having to scale a map to get a good look at everything. As someone who gets lost easily in games, I'm probably going to take full advantage of that. Haha.

And OMG. The Master of Master's nicknames for his pupils made me LOL. Why do I get the feeling he's somewhat a spoof at fanfiction, and the fact that a lot of KH writers call the characters by nicknames in them?

Anyway, this was an amazing interview and I thank you again for translating it, GoldPanner. -bows-

Edit: Come to think of it, isn't next year also TWEWY's ten-year-anniversary? o_0 -tries to be realistic about all the ground-breaking things that might happen next year but can't restrain the hype-

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
—By the way, next year is the KH series' 15th anniversary. You're starting concerts this year, will you be planning anything else?

Nomura: Let me see… Next year is also the 30th anniversary of Final Fantasy, but it does look as though there will be plenty of things happening for KH's fifteenth year.
what else do you have for this oh my god next year will be epic

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So I guess the official name of the Heartless swarm is Devil's Wave?

just like lingering will was the lingering sentiment, i wouldn't count on the japanese name. a translation of the name especially.

also, darknado.

Hirokey123

Awards
You know what I'm starting to think that the dandelions thing wasn't to give like an explanation on the children that rebuilt the world, but rather an excuse as to why Unchained will continue past chi. And given he hints we might see Ephemera and Skuld in KH3 who we know both became dandelions here is my guess.

Season 1: The story of the Foretellers that lead to the keyblade war and how Ephemera, Skuld, and the player ultimately become dandelions. (yes I think in the end the player will join the dandelions but they didn't right now because there are still things Nomura wants us to see in Chi's story)

Season 2: What went on with the dandelions leading up to them returning to the world in KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back